Was Judas Iscariot saved?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, being justified is tied to santification, or a change that transforms. Judas never accept Christ with his heart, he was given the chance but let the devil take over instead.
That's pretty accurate too.

Judas repented, but God's Word does not tell us his repentance was part of Faith on Jesus Christ. Instead, it just suggests that Judas was sorry for what he did. Even the unbelieving can feel guilt and say they are sorry for doing a wrong without believing on Jesus Christ.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Still don't mean Judas has already been judged and sentenced to perish in the future "lake of fire".

True Christians do not... believe in a GOD that judges and sentences any flesh-born man to burn in the future "lake of fire" before His GWT Judgment after Christ's future "thousand years" reign.

Only Satan and his angels have already been judged and sentenced to perish in that "lake of fire". Thus we are NOT to judge any soul to perish in that "lake of fire", for only Jesus Christ has that Authority. And even at Jesus' 1st coming, He was careful to never say one born flesh is already judged and sentenced to the "lake of fire". He instead phrased His warning like 'being in danger of hellfire', but never like, 'this man will go into the lake of fire'.

And in case you don't understand about the English translation to the word "hell", only in certain places in the Greek was Jesus pointing to the future "lake of fire" with that word. It is actually 3 different Greek words in the NT manuscripts. Hades (Greek haides) as "hell" is NOT the "lake of fire". Per the end of Rev.20 the abode of 'hell' goes into... the future "lake of fire".
John 17:12 - While I was with them in the world, I kept them in Your name. Those whom You gave MeI have kept; and none of them is lost except the son of perdition, that the scripture might be fulfilled.

Things don't look good for Judas.

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's quite possible that Judas was not acting on his own decisions when his body betrayed Jesus:

Luke 22:3 Then Satan entered Judas, surnamed Iscariot, who was numbered among the twelve.

There are other passages that refer to demons trying to kill people when they are possessed. Free agency has to be active for proper judgment to be passed on someone:

Mark 9:22 And often he has thrown him both into the fire and into the water to destroy him. But if You can do anything, have compassion on us and help us.”
And that suggests that Judas was possessed by Satan in order to carry out a negative act which God's Plan of Salvation required. Likewise per Romans 9, what kind of comparison was Paul doing with God hardening Pharaoh's heart as a vessel made for destruction so as to show God's glory?

That is certainly difficult for many brethren to understand, since with most of us being raised in the Church and being taught since a child that Christ's Salvation is open to everyone. The reality is that for 'this present world time', that is not always true. (see Jude 4).

Some souls are put here on earth to work the negative side of God's Plan. Lord Jesus was ordained to be born in the flesh and die on the cross for those who would believe even before the foundation of this present world. Would His death on the cross have been possible without God allowing Satan to influence the blind scribes and Pharisees to have Him killed? Could God, having put the 'spirit of slumber' blindness upon those Jews that had Jesus killed been a type guilt protection for them, until the time comes when their blindness is removed and they are judged?

So judge nothing before the time, like Apostle Paul said.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 17:12 - While I was with them in the world, I kept them in Your name. Those whom You gave MeI have kept; and none of them is lost except the son of perdition, that the scripture might be fulfilled.

Things don't look good for Judas.
Doesn't matter what 'we' think about the state of Judas' salvation. That is for Lord Jesus Christ to decide, not you nor I. For one of us to even try, is a usurping of Christ's Authority.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Doesn't matter what 'we' think about the state of Judas' salvation. That is for Lord Jesus Christ to decide, not you nor I. For one of us to even try, is a usurping of Christ's Authority.
I'm just going by what God's Word says. I'm not the judge of the universe.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And that suggests that Judas was possessed by Satan in order to carry out a negative act which God's Plan of Salvation required. Likewise per Romans 9, what kind of comparison was Paul doing with God hardening Pharaoh's heart as a vessel made for destruction so as to show God's glory?

That is certainly difficult for many brethren to understand, since with most of us being raised in the Church and being taught since a child that Christ's Salvation is open to everyone. The reality is that for 'this present world time', that is not always true. (see Jude 4).

Some souls are put here on earth to work the negative side of God's Plan. Lord Jesus was ordained to be born in the flesh and die on the cross for those who would believe even before the foundation of this present world. Would His death on the cross have been possible without God allowing Satan to influence the blind scribes and Pharisees to have Him killed? Could God, having put the 'spirit of slumber' blindness upon those Jews that had Jesus killed been a type guilt protection for them, until the time comes when their blindness is removed and they are judged?

So judge nothing before the time, like Apostle Paul said.
I like most of this, but I would be concerned for the Jews against Jesus in that story. I would appear they wanted to remove him from authority, which is probably the act that got Satan into trouble.

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I like most of this, but I would be concerned for the Jews against Jesus in that story. I would appear they wanted to remove him from authority, which is probably the act that got Satan into trouble.
Most of the world will be lost, and that includes Jews and Christians, as like the days of Noah, few will get in the ark. Only a remnant...

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Jesus died a "ransom for all" (1 Timothy 2:6) ... Judas will be given the opportunity for life during the Millennial Reign, with the rest of mankind.
Let proposition P1 = Judas Iscariot will have eternal life.
P2 = Judas Iscariot will not have eternal life.

Between 0 and 10, how much weight do you put on each of the above propositions? The stronger your belief in a proposition, the higher the weight.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Judas did not look for a savior of his soul. but a savior of his Body from Roman Oppression.

Once he found out Jesus was not going to overthrow Rome, He left in an instant. and betrayed him for money.

He was not saved, he never was..

XFire

May 14, 2022
San jose
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes he was saved. And he was a special witness of the HS and the Son of God.
And that is why he became a son of perdition to live in hell forever

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes.

Deeper Bible study reveals that 'among' the group of scribes and Pharisees were false crept in unawares, which is about the "mystery of iniquity" that Apostle Paul pointed to in 2 Thess.2. Not all the Pharisees were bad, some of them even became disciples of Jesus. But within that group was an element that represented 'false Jews' of the "synagogue of Satan" which Jesus pointed to in Rev.2:9 and Rev.3:9.

Starting with God leading the children of Israel out of Egypt and into the land of Canaan, they disobeyed God's command to not go after the idols of the Canaanite nations around them, nor allow them to dwell among them. So God said He would leave those Canaanites among Israel to try them with, and no more remove them (see Judges 2 & 3, and especially Joshua 9).

Per Genesis 15, and 1 Chronicles 2:55, the Canaanite peoples called Kenites became the 'scribes' of Israel. If you recall who came along with the Pharisees to tempt Jesus, the scribes were among them.

Jude 4
4 For there are certain men crept in unawares,
who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.
KJV

False Jews of the "synagogue of Satan" that Jesus pointed to isn't just about unbelieving Jews. Jesus said they 'say they are Jews, but do lie and are not'. By that He was pointing to those crept in unawares like the Canaanites of Old Testament history that crept in. Because Paul mentioned the matter also with his "mystery of iniquity", he showed that he knew about it. And because Apostle John mentioned about the "many antichrists" already at work, it shows John also knew about these crept in unawares. But majority of brethren in today's Church does not... know about it, nor are they taught about it.

Zech 14:21
21 Yea, every pot in Jerusalem and in Judah shall be holiness unto the LORD of hosts: and all they that sacrifice shall come and take of them, and seethe therein:
and in that day there shall be no more the Canaanite in the house of the LORD of hosts.
KJV

That above Zechariah 14:21 verse is actually about the time AFTER Christ's future return.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So for those who understand my previous post about the crept in unawares among the children of Israel of Old Testament history, it reveals the working of the negative side of God's Plan before the foundation of this world, of Lord Jesus being born in the flesh to die on the cross to defeat the devil and death for us. Certain false ones in Jerusalem were already prepared and setup in the house of God from the old crept in unawares that served Satan, waiting for Jesus' 1st coming so as to have Jesus murdered on the cross. And they are the ones who coerced the rest of the unbelieving Jews to agree to have Jesus crucified, even yelling out, "crucify Him!" (John 19:6)

Matt 27:20
20 But
the chief priests and elders persuaded the multitude that they should ask Barabbas, and destroy Jesus.
KJV

Notice also the band that came to arrest Jesus to crucify Him...

Matt 26:47
47 And while he yet spake, lo, Judas, one of the twelve, came,
and with him a great multitude with swords and staves, from the chief priests and elders of the people.
KJV

Those were not Roman soldiers that came to arrest Lord Jesus. They were a band of armed men sent by the chief priests and elders, their men, that's who arrested Jesus.

Last edited: