Was Paul Right About Women In Church?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Wrong guy to do that to. I am not talking about "diverse denominations" I am talking about the truth about Calvinists.
Well the point was that I picked a random, but reputable, teacher, to demonstrate where complementarianism exists. If you don't agree with one particular example, it doesn't necessarily negate or undermine my point.
Why you are making this out to be about Calvinism, is beyond me?

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The problem with terms like "complementarianism" is that it has, at least, two common meanings,
  1. Biblical (or Pauline) complementarianism is when we seek to be faithful to gender-specific Scripture that applies to ourselves.
  2. Complementarianism is also used as a euphemism for Patriarchy [& Matriarchy] where a person takes it upon themselves to compel their spouse to abide by gender-specific Scriptures (to the former's standards, no less).
When I use the term, I mean #1.
#2 violates the Word on so many fronts.
Complementarianism, by definition, has a basic and fundamental meaning - specific and distinct roles complement each other, and do not compete nor confuse the distinction.

A man is not a women, nor is a women a man, for intrinsically both, physiological and emotional reasons. One is best suited for certain roles, and the other for different purposes and functionalities. Respect God's design in His creation, and abide by the standards that He set out for both - A woman is not to teach nor have authority over a man, for Adam came before Eve. A man must protect unto death, that which was put under his care (women and children)

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well the point was that I picked a random, but reputable, teacher, to demonstrate where complementarianism exists. If you don't agree with one particular example, it doesn't necessarily negate or undermine my point.
Why you are making this out to be about Calvinism, is beyond me?

Wellll...the discussion about women in the Church and people that want to think of them as something less...something less.
And you picked an example of a person that belongs to a denomination that has issues with understanding the correct status and role of women in Christianity.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Wellll...the discussion about women in the Church and people that want to think of them as something less...something less.
And you picked an example of a person that belongs to a denomination that has issues with understanding the correct status and role of women in Christianity.
Grailhunter, someone made the remark that Complementarianism was an archaic belief that no one holds to today. I rebutted with that there are many that consider it to be a valid Christian tenet, and gave 1 or two examples. You said that Calvinists are unreliable, I said then forget John MacArthur or any other Calvinist, it is easy enough to find people in other denominations that don't allow women leaders in the Church. You said Calvinists are bad people (or, something like that), ... now what?

Sabertooth

Sep 17, 2019
Northern Wisconsin
transcendiary.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you don't like Michelangelo's David, either?
full
(Apparently, Mike didn't know what circumcision was...)

Reactions: TLHKAJ

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
True, but neither one can replace the Holy Spirit for the other, either,
for receiving Scripture, generally,
nor for receiving gender-specific Scripture, particularly.​
It is what they do, with what that they have received from God that matters. A woman does not get up on a podium and direct men as how they should comport themselves in the Church, regardless from where her 'inspiration' is derived. Nor does she establish doctrine, or define the Statement of Faith for the Church, or delegate responsibilities, no matter what she claims that her impetus is based on.

These are extremely hypothetical examples, as God would not divulge such authoritative information to a woman in the first place, if He has clearly disallowed them to have leadership roles.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry this is off topic but educational.

THE ROLE OF WOMEN IN WORLD WAR II
American women were instrumental in the war effort during World War II. With ever-growing orders for war materials combined with so many men overseas fighting the war, women were called upon to work in ways previously reserved only for men. While the most famous image of female patriotism during World War II is Rosie the Riveter, women were involved in other aspects of the war effort outside of factories. More than six million women took wartime jobs in factories, three million volunteered with the Red Cross, and over 200,000 served in the military. Women’s auxiliary branches were created for every branch of the military, including the Women’s Army Corps (WAC), Women Accepted for Volunteer Emergency Service (WAVES), and Women Airforce Service Pilots (WASP). Women were restricted from combat zones; however, many became nurses to help the men injured in combat.

My grandfather died in WWII in Germany. My great aunt was a US Marine somewhere around that time. She was also a school teacher. I had the fun of being able to spend a little time with my great aunt before she passed away. Amazing woman and always carried her weight. She married once but never had children. Could play the piano like you were at a professional concert. She was an inspiration to me.

History At a Glance: Women in World War II | The National WWII Museum | New Orleans

gettyimages-3421162.jpg

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Sabertooth

Sep 17, 2019
Northern Wisconsin
transcendiary.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reactions: TLHKAJ

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If you would neglect
Yes, there are definite and valid women prophets, ...not sure if this is necessarily a leadership position, or one of authority? Barak and Deborah is a good example of God being displeased with Barak's decision to allow Deborah to lead him into battle.
Both, Aquila and Priscila taught Apollos, ...I assume that Aquila presided.

Reactions: dev553344

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is what they do, with what that they have received from God that matters. A woman does not get up on a podium and direct men as how they should comport themselves in the Church, regardless from where her 'inspiration' is derived. Nor does she establish doctrine, or define the Statement of Faith for the Church, or delegate responsibilities, no matter what she claims that her impetus is based on.

These are extremely hypothetical examples, as God would not divulge such authoritative information to a woman in the first place, if He has clearly disallowed them to have leadership roles.
When you can open your eyes to see that God will use anyone He chooses to speak through then you begin to realize He is not concerned with a man's status or a women's status but rather He is more interested in who will be an obedient vessel and allow Him to speak through them....a servant who will honor His Truth in ministering to the needs of others. A good Samaritan who tends to the one who is wounded and gives them shelter and care.
Church is not just an assembly of believers who come together in a building and worship God....
Church is on a street corner ministering to the prostitute who has been crying out for someone to save her.
Church is in the backyard of Grandma's house with family members who have gathered to comfort each other and honor her life. Sharing testimony with one another about when she would teach them scriptures and such.
Church is everywhere and every chance and every place....until the gospel has been preached to every corner of the world.
And if God needs to speak to someone through the mouth of a donkey, a man, a woman or whatever and whoever is matters not to Him.
All He wants is willing and obedient vessels.

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Accredited scholars like Augustine who was the 'great man of God' who decided to cancel out women's participation because they are not made in God's image - only men are.
Sorry but I do not remember mentioning Augustine. Is he a friend of yours?

Status
Not open for further replies.