Was Paul's gospel known?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
If a person does not believe it they will not be in heaven because of unbelief.
So you say, but i read that it was the First Son--who does not agree with you--who was considered to be doing his father's will. (which btw is weird, because it is generally the "second son" that is doing the "accepted" stuff, but that is a diff subject i guess). The Good Samaritan would similarly ignore your beliefs, as the parable illustrates

God can make believers out of stones. A pox on believers imo. Faith is about doing, not believing and talking

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
So you say, but i read that it was the First Son--who does not agree with you--who was considered to be doing his father's will. (which btw is weird, because it is generally the "second son" that is doing the "accepted" stuff, but that is a diff subject i guess). The Good Samaritan would similarly ignore your beliefs, as the parable illustrates

God can make believers out of stones. A pox on believers imo. Faith is about doing, not believing and talking

He did, and he does. Not even the hardened heart is safe from him.

Faith is confidence and trust, and when you walk in faith you will do the things Jesus did and even greater.

Reactions: bbyrd009

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nicely put, but its hard to be teachable when your head is already filled with "knowledge". Which is why so much learning keeps people from God.

Just an add from my last past to you, Yes we are still here, which gives us more time to try to reach others. Knowledge is a great thing, But without understanding it is worthless! anyone can have an abundance of knowledge, but only have a thimble full of understanding?

Reactions: pia and bbyrd009

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The OP question was "was Paul's gospel of grace known"? For the deniers it was known, for those that believe Paul it was hidden. The scripture which tells me it was hidden is

1 Cor 2:6-15
6 However, we speak wisdom among those who are mature, yet not the wisdom of this age, nor of the rulers of this age, who are coming to nothing.
7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, the hidden wisdom which God ordained before the ages for our glory,
8 which none of the rulers of this age knew; for had they known, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.
9 But as it is written: "Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, Nor have entered into the heart of man The things which God has prepared for those who love Him."
10 But God has revealed them to us through His Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God.
11 For what man knows the things of a man except the spirit of the man which is in him? Even so no one knows the things of God except the Spirit of God.
12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might know the things that have been freely given to us by God.
13 These things we also speak, not in words which man's wisdom teaches but which the Holy Spirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
14 But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
15 But he who is spiritual judges all things, yet he himself is rightly judged by no one.
NKJV