Was Peter Pope???

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Peacebewithyou

Nov 6, 2007
(kriss;28834)
Who says we disagree you ? we do not disagree on the big things you keep saying that but the only examples you give are from other churches and we have always said they are as wrong as you because they to follow men traditions Not the Word
OK, Jag & unorthodox chrisitan do not believe in the Trinity. That seems like a biggie. In fact, I can't imagine anything bigger. And I don't think they are "following men traditions" soooooooo.. now what?

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
well I dont agree. Jag believes that same as me maybe you misunderstood and I do not know what unorthodox belives

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Peacebewithyou;28840)
OK, Jag & unorthodox chrisitan do not believe in the Trinity. That seems like a biggie. In fact, I can't imagine anything bigger. And I don't think they are "following men traditions" soooooooo.. now what?
It is sad that you find Unorthodox Christian and me didn't believe that believe God are three in One. We just don't believe they are seperated from one another. They are all the same. It's like three different roles......like first, when we are born, we become sons, then later getting married (if one desire too) they become a father, for having a child is born.Like, I am a son and an uncle. I am the same person.me, myself, and thesuperjag, these three are one. It is still referring to me.JagLovest thou in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour of the world.

Peacebewithyou

Nov 6, 2007
(thesuperjag;28845)
It is sad that you find Unorthodox Christian and me didn't believe that believe God are three in One. We just don't believe they are seperated from one another. They are all the same. It's like three different roles......like first, when we are born, we become sons, then later getting married (if one desire too) they become a father, for having a child is born.Like, I am a son and an uncle. I am the same person.me, myself, and thesuperjag, these three are one. It is still referring to me.JagLovest thou in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour of the world.
Do you believe that while Jesus was on Earth, the Father was in Heaven? And the Holy Spirit existed as well - not as Jesus or the Father?That is the Trinity. I didn't think that is what you believed - I apologize if I mis-spoke, although I thought, based on our previous discussions, that is what you did not believe.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Peacebewithyou;28851)
(thesuperjag;28845)
Do you believe that while Jesus was on Earth, the Father was in Heaven? And the Holy Spirit existed as well - not as Jesus or the Father?That is the Trinity. I didn't think that is what you believed - I apologize if I mis-spoke, although I thought, based on our previous discussions, that is what you did not believe.God is everywhere I told you that. I don't believe they are seperated persons/entities (if that is the right word, I sometimes don't get it...) They are all the same. Like I said they are like different roles.To me, The Father came as a Son and that Son gives us Him which is the the Holy Ghost, who is still God.I repeat They are like three different roles.The same as we are sons once born then become a father once you have a child (after marriage)And Yes, God was still in Heaven as well He was on Earth and He still is on Earth.JagLovest thou in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour of the world.

Peacebewithyou

Nov 6, 2007
(thesuperjag;28857)
God is everywhere I told you that. I don't believe they are seperated persons/entities (if that is the right word, I sometimes don't get it...) They are all the same. Like I said they are like different roles.To me, The Father came as a Son and that Son gives us Him which is the the Holy Ghost, who is still God.I repeat They are like three different roles.The same as we are sons once born then become a father once you have a child (after marriage)And Yes, God was still in Heaven as well He was on Earth and He still is on Earth.JagLovest thou in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour of the world.
So you do believe in the Trinity - or no? and I know, the word Trinity is not in the Bible.. but certainly the concept is.. do you believe in the concept that Jesus is not the Father, the Father is not the Holy Spirit, the Holy Spirit is not Jesus.. they are 3 seperate beings.. all making 1 God. I'm thinking you don't... ????? :confused:

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Just because this trinity concept is hard to explain in our human terms and some have more difficulty expressing it than others doesnt mean they dont believe it Peacebewithyou I think you are misunderstanding them

Peacebewithyou

Nov 6, 2007
(kriss;28860)
Just because this trinity concept is hard to explain in our human terms and some have more difficulty expressing it than others doesnt mean they dont believe it Peacebewithyou I think you are misunderstanding them
I don't think so, we've discussed this quite a bit on other threads.But I will let Jag speak for himself.

Letsgofishing

Nov 27, 2007
Is that any different from the catholic believe.because I completley agree with Jags trinity.and If I disagree with the catholic church it will be like disagreeing with God.is something wrong with that logic????
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
sorry peacebewithyou but I have to agree with Kriss, the church could be led astray, and you don't want to be led astray with them.we have to keep the word of God first, because while everybody has different interpretations, the important truths are clear. We cannot forget those truths.your brother in christRyan Fitz

Peacebewithyou

Nov 6, 2007
(Letsgofishing;28864)
Is that any different from the catholic believe.because I completley agree with Jags trinity.and If I disagree with the catholic church it will be like disagreeing with God.is something wrong with that logic????
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
sorry peacebewithyou but I have to agree with Kriss, the church could be led astray, and you don't want to be led astray with them.we have to keep the word of God first, because while everybody has different interpretations, the important truths are clear. We cannot forget those truths.your brother in christRyan Fitz
It actually is different - as Kriss would agree (I believe - but I don't want to speak for her)The only reason I know this is because Jag & I have gone 'round & 'round about his on other threads.I believe in the Trinity - he & unortho did not. They have stated that Jesus IS God the Father. When actually, He is not. He is Jesus.and God the Father is the Father - and the Holy Spirit is the Holy Spirit - He is not Jesus or the Father.They are 3 beings in 1Which is why Ryan, in our creed we say We believe in God.. the Father Almightly.... We believe in Jesus Christ His only Son our Lord.. We believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord the Giver of light who proceeds from the Father & the Son.. 3 seperate beings = 1 God.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Peacebewithyou;28859)
(thesuperjag;28864)
God is everywhere I told you that. I don't believe they are seperated persons/entities (if that is the right word, I sometimes don't get it...) They are all the same. Like I said they are like different roles.To me, The Father came as a Son and that Son gives us Him which is the the Holy Ghost, who is still God.I repeat They are like three different roles.The same as we are sons once born then become a father once you have a child (after marriage)And Yes, God was still in Heaven as well He was on Earth and He still is on Earth.JagLovest thou in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour of the world.
So you do believe in the Trinity - or no? and I know, the word Trinity is not in the Bible.. but certainly the concept is.. do you believe in the concept that Jesus is not the Father, the Father is not the Holy Spirit, the Holy Spirit is not Jesus.. they are 3 seperate beings.. all making 1 God. I'm thinking you don't... ????? :confused:(Peacebewithyou;28861)
I don't think so, we've discussed this quite a bit on other threads.But I will let Jag speak for himself.
My highlighted answers are in green...JagLovest thou in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour of the world.

Peacebewithyou

Nov 6, 2007
Jag, This was a post you made on 12-14. Now maybe your opinion of the Trinity has changed since then - which is fine.. but this is where I got the impression you thought Jesus was God the Father: Yes Christ was praying to Himself, since He is God. At the same time, He is teaching His disciples how to pray to the Heavenly Father (which is Himself)Christ had the title everlasting Father in Isaiah 9:6Jag

Letsgofishing

Nov 27, 2007
Ok got you.so Jag believes there three different personalities and We belief there three different beings.Ive believed Jags version all my life.and now I learn I might be wrong This is awesome, my faiths going to grow again. I'm going to find the true trinity. you people are awesome
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
( I can only show three smilies in each post so imagine a million more)your brother in christRyan Fitz

Peacebewithyou

Nov 6, 2007
Ryan,I don't think you've ever believed Jesus was God the Father - did you?That is sooooo not Catholic. :naughty:Jag has previously posted that Jesus WAS the Father. We view Jesus as Jesus - God's Son who died for our Sins.And the Father is the Father - And the Holy Spirit is the Holy Spirit.They aren't interchangable - they are distinct. But they are all God. Not "3 gods" - just 1 God.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
three differnt beings? =1 godI have explained this before as we are made in Gods image we have a body mind and soul that can operate separtly or togetherthis is the same as Jags explanation of offices expressed in a differnt way I can be a child of my parents/ a Mother of my children/a wife to my husband I can be these separately or together(as me)same concept expressed differntly its just that with God he can separate these aspects because he is not confined in a flesh body so he has not the earthly limits we do

Peacebewithyou

Nov 6, 2007
(kriss;28876)
three differnt beings? =1 godI have explained this before as we are made in Gods image we have a body mind and soul that can operate separtly or togetherthis is the same as Jags explanation of offices expressed in a differnt way I can be a child of my parents/ a Mother of my children/a wife to my husband I can be these separately or together(as me)same concept expressed differntly its just that with God he can separate these aspects because he is not confined in a flesh body so he has not the earthly limits we do
Do you believe that Jesus is God the Father?

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Letsgofishing;28874)
Ok got you.so Jag believes there three different personalities and We belief there three different beings.Ive believed Jags version all my life.and now I learn I might be wrong This is awesome, my faiths going to grow again. I'm going to find the true trinity. you people are awesome
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
( I can only show three smilies in each post so imagine a million more)your brother in christRyan Fitz
I am going to use me, and only me for this post.I am an uncle, I am a son of my family, how does that make me have two different personalities if they are still referring to me Ryan?*sigh*JagLovest thou in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour of the world.

Peacebewithyou

Nov 6, 2007
(thesuperjag;28879)
I am going to use me, and only me for this post.I am an uncle, I am a son of my family, how does that make me have two different personalities if they are still referring to me Ryan?*sigh*JagLovest thou in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour of the world.
You also said (on 12/14 - I would quote it if I knew how to do that) The word Trinity is not in the bible. But the word Godhead is in the bible three times. And no, I don't think the Son is different than the Father.The Father (First) came later as a Son (Second)I like to hear how the Son of God has the title everlasting Father in Isaiah 9:6? Scripture says it...So Kriss.. are you and Jag in agreement? I think not. Because you've said you believe in the Trinity. Which brings this part of the conversation full circle.. there ARE major disagreements..on something as basic as the nature of God. I'm not just making that up.
sad.gif

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
I dont know how else to express this Jesus says if you have seen me you have seen the father they are one yet separate God can be all at once yet operate as though each is separate complete in its own right.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
If you think they are three completly differnt individuals you better go back and study the trinity We have only one God