Was Peter Pope???

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(kriss;28881)
I dont know how else to express this Jesus says if you have seen me you have seen the father they are one yet separate God can be all at once yet operate as though each is separate complete in its own right.
Thank you very much.Yahshua also says John 14:10 - Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.It is like saying this. (This is referring to me) -> The uncle is in the son and the son is in the uncle. How much plainer can I get?JagLovest thou in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour of the world.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopediaThis article is about the Christian Trinity. For other uses, see Trinity (disambiguation).The Trinity is the Christian doctrine that God is one Being Who exists, simultaneously and eternally, as a mutual indwelling of three persons (not to be confused by "person"[1]): the Father, the Son (incarnate as Jesus of Nazareth), and the Holy Spirit. Since the 4th century, in both Eastern Christianity and Western Christianity, this doctrine has been stated as "three persons in one God," all three of whom, as distinct and co-eternal persons, are of one indivisible Divine essence, a simple being. The doctrine also teaches that the Son Himself has two distinct natures, one fully divine and the other fully human, united in a hypostatic union. Support of the doctrine of the Trinity is known as Trinitarianism. Most denominations within Christianity are Trinitarian, and regard belief in the Trinity as a mark of Christian orthodoxy.[2][3]Opposing nontrinitarian positions held by some groups include Binitarianism (two deities/persons/aspects), Unitarianism (one deity/person/aspect), the Godhead (Latter Day Saints) (three separate beings, one in purpose) and Modalism (Oneness).[/COLOR]If this highlighted in orange part is your belief Peacebewith you you are in some bad companyHistorically, the post-New Testament[2] doctrine of Trinitarianism is of particular importance. The conflict with Arianism, as well as other competing theological concepts during the fourth century, became the first major doctrinal confrontation in Church history. It had a particularly lasting effect within the Western Roman Empire where the Germanic Arians and Nicene Christians formed a segregated social order.

Peacebewithyou

Nov 6, 2007
(kriss;28882)
If you think they are three completly differnt individuals you better go back and study the trinity We have only one God
Oh I completly understand the Trinity.Father, Son, Holy Spirit = God. The Father is not the Son though - The Son is not the Holy Spirit - And the Holy Spirit is not Jesus.They are 3 beings in One. Only 1 God. Jag has stated that Jesus IS the Father - not just because if you've seen the me, you've seen the Father - He has stated over and over again that he rejects the Trinity.So I'm not clear how the two of you are in agreement? Again Kriss, may I ask you: Do you believe that the Father IS Jesus? (As Jag has stated)

Peacebewithyou

Nov 6, 2007
(kriss;28886)
The Trinity is the Christian doctrine that God is one Being Who exists, simultaneously and eternally, as a mutual indwelling of three persons (not to be confused by "person"[1]): the Father, the Son (incarnate as Jesus of Nazareth), and the Holy Spirit. Since the 4th century, in both Eastern Christianity and Western Christianity, this doctrine has been stated as "three persons in one God," all three of whom, as distinct and co-eternal persons, are of one indivisible Divine essence, a simple being. The doctrine also teaches that the Son Himself has two distinct natures, one fully divine and the other fully human, united in a hypostatic union. Support of the doctrine of the Trinity is known as Trinitarianism. Most denominations within Christianity are Trinitarian, and regard belief in the Trinity as a mark of Christian orthodoxy.[2][3].
I believe in the Trinity - just as it is written.However, Jag & unorthodox have repeatedly stated the section I've made larger and have stated, outright, that they REJECT the Trinity.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
And you seem to be ignoring "a simple being" in favor ofGodhead (Latter Day Saints) (three separate beings, one in purpose)

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Peacebewithyou;28887)
Oh I completly understand the Trinity.Father, Son, Holy Spirit = God. The Father is not the Son though - The Son is not the Holy Spirit - And the Holy Spirit is not Jesus.They are 3 beings in One. Only 1 God. Jag has stated that Jesus IS the Father - not just because if you've seen the me, you've seen the Father - He has stated over and over again that he rejects the Trinity.So I'm not clear how the two of you are in agreement? Again Kriss, may I ask you: Do you believe that the Father IS Jesus? (As Jag has stated)
Isaiah 9:6 - For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.Who was born? Yahshua. Why is He called the everlasting Father? Because this same scripture called Him mighty God.JagLovest thou in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour of the world.

Peacebewithyou

Nov 6, 2007
(kriss;28889)
And you seem to be ignoring "a simple being" in favor ofGodhead (Latter Day Saints) (three separate beings, one in purpose)
Not at all. I am familar with the Mormon view and I reject it for the heresy it is. They do not have "1 purpose" - they are ONE God. Jesus is just as much God as the Father. The Holy Spirit is every bit as much "God" as the Father. However, both Jag and unorthodox held the same position on a thread on 12/12 - He said: THE NAME ABOVE ALL NAMES! JESUS IS FATHER SON HOLY GHOST!Which is exactly what you posted - only 1 person = heresy. Sorry to break it to you Jag. You've been believing a man-made lie.

Peacebewithyou

Nov 6, 2007
(thesuperjag;28890)
Isaiah 9:6 - For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.Who was born? Yahshua. Why is He called the everlasting Father? Because this same scripture called Him mighty God.JagLovest thou in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour of the world.
I rest my case.Kriss, do you believe this? That Jesus is the Father? Jag has stated that he does not believe they are 3 persons - as the definition clearly states. He believes that are the same person.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Peacebewithyou;28887)
They all seperated? Wow, you have the same view as the muslims has. They clearly think they are three seperated beings/individual...in their Christianity view.JagLovest thou in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour of the world.

Peacebewithyou

Nov 6, 2007
(thesuperjag;28897)
They all seperated? Wow, you have the same view as the muslims has. They clearly think they are three seperated beings/individual...in their Christianity view.JagLovest thou in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour of the world.
I believe THIS:The Trinity is the Christian doctrine that God is one Being Who exists, simultaneously and eternally, as a mutual indwelling of three persons (not to be confused by "person"[1]): the Father, the Son (incarnate as Jesus of Nazareth), and the Holy Spirit.The Father, The Son and the Holy Spirit are 3 persons = 1 God.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Below is the Christain doctrine of the trinity if you believe differnt than stated below Peadebewithyou you are wrong and not in agrement with your church or Chistain doctrine (I did not write this )this doctrine has been stated as "three persons in one God," all three of whom, as distinct and co-eternal persons, are of one indivisible Divine essence, a simple being.

Peacebewithyou

Nov 6, 2007
(thesuperjag;28897)
Jag,The Muslim does not believe Jesus is God.

Peacebewithyou

Nov 6, 2007
(kriss;28900)
Below is the Christain doctrine of the trinity if you believe differnt than stated below Peadebewithyou you are wrong and not in agrement with your church or Chistain doctrine (I did not write this )this doctrine has been stated as "three persons in one God," all three of whom, as distinct and co-eternal persons, are of one indivisible Divine essence, a simple being.
No, that is what I believe 100%.Why is this about me? I never said I didn't believe in the Trinity.Jag did.

Peacebewithyou

Nov 6, 2007
(kriss;28900)
On this thread I previous said this:Father, Son, Holy Spirit = God. The Father is not the Son though - The Son is not the Holy Spirit - And the Holy Spirit is not Jesus.They are 3 beings in One. Only 1 God. 1 God - 3 distinct beings. Which Jag claimed was the Muslim view. Seriously Kriss, I think you should turn your attention to him... the one who has stated that the Trinity is like the rapture, a man-made doctrine.... :eek:

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
this is from a catholic documentThree Persons are that One Omnipotent God in whom the Apostles believed. Indeed the unity of God is so fundamental a tenet alike of the Hebrew and of the Christian religion, and is affirmed in such countless passages of the Old and New Testaments, that any explanation inconsistent with this doctrine would be altogether inadmissible. How is this any differnt than what Jag is saying

Peacebewithyou

Nov 6, 2007
(kriss;28905)
this is from a catholic documentThree Persons are that One Omnipotent God in whom the Apostles believed. Indeed the unity of God is so fundamental a tenet alike of the Hebrew and of the Christian religion, and is affirmed in such countless passages of the Old and New Testaments, that any explanation inconsistent with this doctrine would be altogether inadmissible. How is this any differnt than what Jag is saying
Jag said Jesus IS God the Father, and that the Holy Spirit IS Jesus. (have you read all the posts.. I copied his) He disagreed that they were 3 beings. He has said over & over again that he disagrees with "Trinitarians" - (that's what he called us.. sort of cute) ... I find it *almost* ridiculous that you keep ignoring HIS OWN WORDS.. yet you're trying to insinuate that it's actually me who rejects the Trinity... why is that?

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
You are nit picking we are all saying the same thing Jag said ,exactly the same he only described them as offices Im telling you we are all sying the same thing because one person can not comunicate a very hard to describe concept does not make for a disagreementtecnically that is true if we are talking one God just different aspects/manifestations/offices whatever they are all God what do you think one God means

Peacebewithyou

Nov 6, 2007
Their view is not even close to mine. THIS is what unorthodox said on 12/12 - when he & Jag argued against the Trinity (I believe it was Jesus the Co-Creator thread..) Jesus was all of it! Colossians 2:9, 1st John 5:7, Isaiah 9:6. He is the FATHER, SON AND HOLY GHOST! He was not seperated from the father in Creation, he was the Father. When he said let us make man in our image he was talking about the image of God and his angels. The Father in creation, the Son in Redemption, and the Holy Ghost in Regeneration. Jesus is not seperate from the Father, he is the Father, Isaiah 9:6 in the Flesh.How is that not against the very definition of the Trinity that you posted. Notice it said NOT ONE. They are saying ONE - not 3 distinct beings. They believe heresy - a man made lie - and not Jesus of the Bible.. the very thing that Jag accused the Pope of believing. :eek: I really think you need to sort him out on this Kriss.. he is off-base. I would hate for you to just agree that we're all saying the same thing because you don't want to admit my original claim (pages ago) that very real disagreements exist.

Peacebewithyou

Nov 6, 2007
When I posted this:Father, Son, Holy Spirit = God. The Father is not the Son though - The Son is not the Holy Spirit - And the Holy Spirit is not Jesus.They are 3 beings in One. Only 1 God. Jag accused me of thinking like a Muslim. Come on.. give me a break. If that isn't so off base.. I don't know what is.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
I am me =krissI was 100% a child to my parents child =kriss=meI was 100% a mom to my children mom= kriss=meI was 100% a wife to my husband wife= kriss =meOne me playing three complete differt roles each one all 100% Me=krissI am one kriss ..I am ....one child....I am ...one mother ....I am ...one wifeI am not three differnt people I am playing the role of three differnt thingsif you call me kriss ..I am kriss the child ,the mother , the wife ...I am me=krissOne person three roles Same for God one God three roles God= is 100% FatherGod =is 100% sonGod =is 100% spirit One God three roles Father=son= spirt =100% God the only difference is he is not trapped in the flesh body so can play his three roles all at once