Was Peter Pope???

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Peacebewithyou

Nov 6, 2007
(kriss;28910)
I am not three differnt people I am playing the role of three differnt thingsif you call me kriss ..I am kriss the child ,the mother , the wife ...I am me=krissOne person three roles
So you reject the Trinity as you've defined it:The Trinity is the Christian doctrine that God is one Being Who exists, simultaneously and eternally, as a mutual indwelling of three persons (not to be confused by "person"[1]): the Father, the Son (incarnate as Jesus of Nazareth), and the Holy Spirit. Since the 4th century, in both Eastern Christianity and Western Christianity, this doctrine has been stated as "three persons in one God," all three of whom, as distinct and co-eternal persons, are of one indivisible Divine essence, a simple being... I see no mention of 3 "roles" - the definition clearly states 3 persons. 3 roles or forms sounds like Modalism: Modalism, also called Sabellianism, is the heretical belief that God is one person who has revealed himself in three forms or modes. This is in contrast to the Trinitarian doctrine where God is one being eternally existing in three persons (FROM tHEOPEIDA: [url="http://www.theopedia.com/Modalism]http://www.theopedia.com/Modalism[/url]) Now I'm thinking that perhaps you & Jag do agree... ? :eek:

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
You are the one confused I said God can separate these because he is not in the fleshhe can be a son/father/spirit at the same time because he is not flesh so wherther you describe them as roles or people performing a role its the same thingas I said you are nit picking because it is not your terms

Peacebewithyou

Nov 6, 2007
(kriss;28915)
You are the one confused I said God can separate these because he is not in the fleshhe can be a son/father/spirit at the same time because he is not flesh so wherther you describe them as roles or people performing a role its the same thingas I said you are nit picking because it is not your terms
Not my terms? Your definition of the Trinity said 3 persons and then you said "not 3 persons." Excuse me for being confused. Look, I'm not trying to win the argument here. I think (at least I hope) YOU believe in the Trinity. I know I do. Jag, however does not. At least he's stated he didn't and his own words on previous threads show he is, at best, very confused. So I hope you'll help him & unorthodox chrisitan come to the truth regarding the nature of God which IS the Trinity.They are not about to listen to me.. since they claim I, being Catholic, believe in a man-made doctrines - which is actually ironic, isn't it?

Peacebewithyou

Nov 6, 2007
And for the record, I don't think you've ever answered my question:Do you believe Jesus IS the Father? Is the Holy Spirit Jesus?Is the Father, the Holy Spirit?Or do you believe they are 3 distinct persons making 1 God?Because THAT is what Jag disagreed with. Big time.

Jon-Marc

Jun 8, 2007
Jacumba, CA
(Letsgofishing;28682)
The only problem with that theory is that Jesus spoke aramic where Rock and Peter both have the same word. Kephos Therefore the rock was Peter.Your brother in christRyan Fitz
Jesus built the church upon Himself and not upon Peter as the first pope. What was it supposed to be called, the Saint Peter Catholic Church?
rolleyes.gif

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Peacebewithyou;28909)
When I posted this:Father, Son, Holy Spirit = God. The Father is not the Son though - The Son is not the Holy Spirit - And the Holy Spirit is not Jesus.They are 3 beings in One. Only 1 God. Jag accused me of thinking like a Muslim. Come on.. give me a break. If that isn't so off base.. I don't know what is.
*sigh* That is a downright lie. I never said you were thinking like a muslim. I said muslims also think that The Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost are three different persons... in their Christianity view... ...the only difference between the two (catholics and muslims) is that muslims think of them as 3 gods...How is it you can not understand the simple concept between me and Kriss?I am 100% uncle, 100% son, 100% thesuperjag. These three are the SAME PERSON. The son is in the uncle, and the uncle is in the son. Dost thou believe this?JagLovest thou in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour of the world.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(Peacebewithyou;28919)
And for the record, I don't think you've ever answered my question:Do you believe Jesus IS the Father? Is the Holy Spirit Jesus?Is the Father, the Holy Spirit?Or do you believe they are 3 distinct persons making 1 God?Because THAT is what Jag disagreed with. Big time.
3 distint roles each being a complete aspect that are all God the God headbut to say that Christ is one with God the Father is also correct terminolgyyou are trying to confine this to our flesh experience and it can not be done God was fully Christ, fully God, fully the holy spirit, all at the same timesimular to body mind and soul to a human but differnt because not confined to flesh

Nov 8, 2007
Those that believe that the Three Dispensations of YHWH are different, distinct, or have different personalities need to remember Hebrews 13:8 Yeshua HaMashiach, the same yesterday, today and Forever. YHWH expressed himself through the Prophets, but not as himself but as an Invisible Voice through the Mouths of Men, but not him. Hebrews 1:1 He Literally expressed himself as a Man John 1:14, and bare the Fullness of the Godhead(1st John 5:7) in a Vessel(Colossians 2:9). They are NOT different personalities, they are NOT different Persons, they are dispensations and manifestations of the One Living God YHWH. God The Father Eternally From Creation until The Birth of Christ. From the Birth of Christ until Pentecost it was the Manifestation and Dispensation of his Word Manifested. NOTICE 1st John 5:7, the three that bare Record is the Father himself, His Word(NOT MANIFESTED OR EXPRESSED which is the Body of Christ Flesh), and the Father's Spirit or the Spirit of Yeshua. From Pentecost until Today, his Final Dispensation as the Holy Ghost. God In us, with our Works as his Manifestation . They are Not Different!To say they are Different is to Say God is Divided, and we all know God is not divided!

Letsgofishing

Nov 27, 2007
(Peacebewithyou;28875)
Ryan,I don't think you've ever believed Jesus was God the Father - did you?That is sooooo not Catholic. :naughty:Jag has previously posted that Jesus WAS the Father. We view Jesus as Jesus - God's Son who died for our Sins.And the Father is the Father - And the Holy Spirit is the Holy Spirit.They aren't interchangable - they are distinct. But they are all God. Not "3 gods" - just 1 God.
you act like not being catholic affects me
smile.gif
your brother in christRyan Fitz

Peacebewithyou

Nov 6, 2007
(thesuperjag;28935How is it you can not understand the simple concept between me and Kriss?Lovest [I)
thou[/I] in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour of the world.
Because on every other post about the Trinity, you've sided with Unorthodox Christian. Read his recent post. He states they are They are NOT different personalities, they are NOT different Persons,while Kriss posted the definition of the Trinity which states the exact opposite: The Trinity is the Christian doctrine that God is one Being Who exists, simultaneously and eternally, as a mutual indwelling of three persons (not to be confused by "person"[1]): the Father, the Son (incarnate as Jesus of Nazareth), and the Holy Spirit. Since the 4th century, in both Eastern Christianity and Western Christianity, this doctrine has been stated as "three persons in one God," all three of whom, as distinct and co-eternal persons, are of one indivisible Divine essence, a simple being... So who do you side with now, Kriss (Trinity) or Unorthodox (No Trinity) ?? You can't have it both ways. If you're understanding of the Trinity has changed in the past couple weeks and you've come to accept the doctrine, great - just say that... but don't fault me for taking you at your previous word, based on all of your previous posts.

Peacebewithyou

Nov 6, 2007
(kriss;28936)
3 distint roles each being a complete aspect that are all God the God headbut to say that Christ is one with God the Father is also correct terminolgyyou are trying to confine this to our flesh experience and it can not be done God was fully Christ, fully God, fully the holy spirit, all at the same timesimular to body mind and soul to a human but differnt because not confined to flesh
Let's stick with the definition you posted. It doesn't say "roles" it say 3 distict "persons." It goes onto to say NOT 1 PERSON. So your example of Kriss, Kriss and Kriss is actually incorrect. It is 3 distinct persons: Father, Son, Holy Spirit = 1 GOD.... or Kriss, Jag, Peace = God. THAT is the Trinity. I'm thinking that despite your previous post where you actually question if I believe as the Mormons :eek: , perhaps you need to study the Trintiy, Kriss, because you can't see the differnce between your belief and Jag & Unorthodox Chrisitans. So either you just aren't getting it, or you actually agree?

Peacebewithyou

Nov 6, 2007
(kriss;28936)
I am not speaking of flesh at all. Where do you get that? I agree - God IS fully Christ, fully Father, fully Holy Spirit. However, Christ is not the Father. Christ is not the Holy Spirit.They are 3 distinct persons. Christ is ONE with the Father because they are unified, just as we can be One with the Father.But Christ ISN'T the Father. All make up the Godhead - 1 God. But they are distinct, not interchanable. It is incorrect to say that Jesus was the Father in the Flesh. He was not. He was Jesus.

Peacebewithyou

Nov 6, 2007
(thesuperjag;28935)
*sigh* That is a downright lie. I never said you were thinking like a muslim. JagLovest thou in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour of the world.
I don't lie, Jag. You did say I was thinking like a Muslim when you said THIS: They all seperated? Wow, you have the same view as the muslims has. They clearly think they are three seperated beings/individual...in their Christianity view.

Letsgofishing

Nov 27, 2007
Ive been thinking about the trinity and this is what I gotOk this is probably the worst example of the trinity in the world.
rubikscube.gif
the trinity as I see it is like a rubic square, each of the three has its own personality, its own purpose, its own color.they are different from each other, they are three seperate parts
180px-Rubiks_cube_scrambled.jpg
but they are all a part of eachother, connected, each share the same mission, the same power, they are all one creation.and all can be seen as the same god. and if you pray to one you pray to them all.this explains what Jesus meant when he said " if youve seen me youve seen the father." because he is part of the father and yet different told you it stunkyour brother in christRyan Fitz

Squeak

Nov 13, 2007
Somewhere, (can't remember where exactly) I read the essence of God being compared to water. Water can be either solid (ice cube), liquid (water) and gas (vapour). All are different forms of the same substance of H2O.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(Peacebewithyou;28996)
Let's stick with the definition you posted. It doesn't say "roles" it say 3 distict "persons." It goes onto to say NOT 1 PERSON. So your example of Kriss, Kriss and Kriss is actually incorrect. It is 3 distinct persons: Father, Son, Holy Spirit = 1 GOD.... or Kriss, Jag, Peace = God. THAT is the Trinity. I'm thinking that despite your previous post where you actually question if I believe as the Mormons :eek: , perhaps you need to study the Trintiy, Kriss, because you can't see the differnce between your belief and Jag & Unorthodox Chrisitans. So either you just aren't getting it, or you actually agree?
You are describing the morman view. I dont think you nessarily belive that view so I have tried to read between the lines of your posts but thats what your explanations amount to. Thats why Jag and unorthodox are disagreeing with you. Because the way you say it is the Mormans veiw.So its no wonder you dont understand our explanation As I said hard concept to put into words and I think you are misunderstanding our posts as we do yours or you are in agreement with the Mormans (which you say is not case)

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Peacebewithyou;29000)
I don't lie, Jag. You did say I was thinking like a Muslim when you said THIS: They all seperated? Wow, you have the same view as the muslims has. They clearly think they are three seperated beings/individual...in their Christianity view.
Don't you ever read what I said? Even though you copied it...I clearly show you in my highlighted and underline words. (which was my answer... Oh well...it's really no point to re-shew you this again...but here is another explanation.Kriss, Unorthodox Christian, thesuperjag are three different people. Are we in the same body? No! Hence the reason I don't believe God are three different people. As they are One of the Same God.Are we in the same Cloud? Yes!Can the Father disagree with the Son? No! Can the Son disagree with the Father? No! Can the Holy Ghost disagree with both? No! Why? Because they are of the same God, which has the same personalities. As they are not different persons.Only different people can disagree like you and me disagree with each other.JagLovest thou in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour of the world.

Peacebewithyou

Nov 6, 2007
Perhaps we are just misunderstanding each other, but we all agree? (although both Jag & unorthodox previously stated on other threads that they don't believe in the Trinity.. sooooooo :confused: ) I do believe in the Trinity: Father, Son, Holy Spirit.. 3 distinct persons = 1 God