WAS PETER TALKING TO YOU ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
no they do not represent the church today, and you know that. tax incentive administrators promoting their theology and thinking to get butts in the pews represent the church today. those who walk with God suffer the same as the prophets did and so did the apostles.

mankind seeks fulfillment of their own desires especially in the "church" or in Israel OT style. those who walk with Christ must tolerate their existence, just as the Lord has for thousands of years. and actually, its a proof if you will, because only those who have the Lord to teach them the way to survive the retched rotting church full of the entitled, are truly faithful.

Sorry, but per God's Word, the 'Church' always ultimately mean's Christ's spiritual Church of Ephesians 2.

What you are referring to are simply 'men's organizations', as those are NOT the real Church.

The real Church is not any organization or building of men. The real Church is the congregation of The LORD, and you cannot change that.

Doug

Apr 29, 2018
south
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Peter 2:5 Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.

1 Peter 2:9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:

“Was Peter talking to the church today, the body of Christ?” Is the church, His body ‘a spiritual house’ to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.

Ephesians 2:18-22 For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father. [19] Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God; [20] And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone ; [21] In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord: [22] In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

‘Through’ and by the Spirit which God is ‘For through him we both have access by one Spirit(Not the spirit of fear unto bondage again but the spirit of love, power and of a sound mind) unto the Father.’

Matthew 19:5-6 And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh? [6] Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.

What of what God has joined in one spirit? 1 Corinthians 6:16-17 What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh. [17] But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.
Gentiles were strangers from the covenants and promises, without God, but Christ made of Jew and Gentile one new man the church, the body of Christ (Ephesians 2:15). This is in this dispensation. The remnant of Israel in the tribulation will once again preach the gospel of the kingdom....that is Peter's message....the kingdom on earth and a kingdom of priests, the remnant of Israel.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
might want to remove ‘your joy no man taketh from you.’ also as speaking to them only.

That's just that Hyper-Grace junk from men that Doug has latched onto. Any Scripture not written by Apostle Paul they deem as not being for Gentile Christians.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gentiles were strangers from the covenants and promises, without God, but Christ made of Jew and Gentile one new man the church, the body of Christ (Ephesians 2:15). This is in this dispensation. The remnant of Israel in the tribulation will once again preach the gospel of the kingdom....that is Peter's message....the kingdom on earth and a kingdom of priests, the remnant of Israel.

That's based on Darby's 19th century Dispensationalist theory junk, which was bad enough, but the ones you listen to now took Darby's junk and added their own junk doctrines to it, which is the false doctrine you are pushing!

Doug

Apr 29, 2018
south
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In Romans 9, Apostle Paul quoted from the Book of Hosea to Roman Gentile believers, which Hosea was written only to the ten northern tribes of Israel, but Paul applies that to Christ's Church in final. So how does that not show believing Israel and believing Gentiles as ONE body in Christ?
He was not applying this to the Roman Gentiles in the body of Christ....he was dealing with the remnant of Israel and therefore quoted Hosea...the Gentiles who believed as in Acts 10 believed and were part of the remnant of Israel...not the body of Christ.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not trying to create a special requirements. Can read Romans 8:6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
Which Romans 2:9-11 seems to support: Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile; [10] But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile: [11] For there is no respect of persons with God.

Did you answer the question: how many of Israel that were blinded, cast away, diminishing of them ‘be the reconciling of the world ...how many cast away will be saved ‘life from the dead’? Romans 11:15

I did answer your question, and you well know already, because ALL MUST believe on The Father through His Son Jesus Christ in order to have eternal Life. Those born of Israel are no exception to that.

The difference in Romans about that which you instead should be seeing, is how God Himself is Who has blinded Israel in part today away from The Gospel, like Paul said in Romans 11, that being about the majority of unbelieving Jews. Paul said God did that so The Gospel would go to the Gentiles.

So what happens when it's time for God to remove their blindness, and they see Jesus' coming? See the end of Zechariah 12. And see the Luke 23:27-31 Scripture.

Last edited:
Reactions: VictoryinJesus

Doug

Apr 29, 2018
south
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
might want to remove ‘your joy no man taketh from you.’ also as speaking to them only.
Rightly dividing scripture as far as direct application does not discard any scripture....all scripture is for us

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He was not applying this to the Roman Gentiles in the body of Christ....he was dealing with the remnant of Israel and therefore quoted Hosea...the Gentiles who believed as in Acts 10 believed and were part of the remnant of Israel...not the body of Christ.

Paul certainly was applying that Hosea Scripture he quoted to believing Gentiles. You do err not knowing The Word of God:

Rom 9:23-26
23 And that He might make known the riches of His glory on the vessels of mercy, which He had afore prepared unto glory,

24 Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

25 As He saith also in Osee, 'I will call them My people, which were not My people; and her beloved, which was not beloved.

26 And it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, 'Ye are not My people'; there shall they be called the children of the living God.
KJV

Why don't you just put in your signature that you're not really here to promote The Word of God, but the doctrines of men instead? You show you have no intention to keeping to what is actually written in God's Word, but instead intend to push a false agenda of men.

Doug

Apr 29, 2018
south
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's based on Darby's 19th century Dispensationalist theory junk, which was bad enough, but the ones you listen to now took Darby's junk and added their own junk doctrines to it, which is the false doctrine you are pushing!
Why is it false?
I never read Darby, but I am sure that as anyone he was wrong about some things.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Exodus 19:6 And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel.

This was spoken to the children of Israel.

1 Peter 2:9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:

Was Peter talking to the church today, the body of Christ?

Was Peter saying the church today is a holy nation?

Was Peter saying the church today is a priesthood?

Peter was talking to the children of Israel as read in Exodus 19:6.
Hi. It is my belief that much if not most of the West and the church are descended from the exiled 10 tribes of the House of Israel, so many Christians who say they are Israel are correct. Even if they don't understand it that way. Yet.
There are many non-Israeli people in the body. The congregation of God has always welcomed strangers to join with them. He has custom-made them, too.
We are all who God created us to be and along with that are the roles He has tailor-made us for. I believe the body, the united 12 tribes, and the bride, make up the congregation of God and are one in Yeshua/Jesus in the Spirit. Shalom

Reactions: Davy

Doug

Apr 29, 2018
south
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul certainly was applying that Hosea Scripture he quoted to believing Gentiles. You do err not knowing The Word of God:

Rom 9:23-26
23 And that He might make known the riches of His glory on the vessels of mercy, which He had afore prepared unto glory,

24 Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

25 As He saith also in Osee, 'I will call them My people, which were not My people; and her beloved, which was not beloved.

26 And it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, 'Ye are not My people'; there shall they be called the children of the living God.
KJV

Why don't you just put in your signature that you're not really here to promote The Word of God, but the doctrines of men instead? You show you have no intention to keeping to what is actually written in God's Word, but instead intend to push a false agenda of men.
Not to be flippant, but is not what you teach as well as your pastors teaching doctrines of men...you are just saying my doctrine is wrong, which you have every right to do, but it is to teach and understand the word of God.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why is it false?
I never read Darby, but I am sure that as anyone he was wrong about some things.

Do you not really know???

1. John Nelson Darby, et al, in 1830s Great Britain is where the first preaching of the Pre-trib Rapture theory began in a Christian Church. He actually got the idea from the Edward Irving Church, which he later recanted some of the manifestations that were going on within the Irvingite Church. Prior to that, all Christian Churches had held to a post-tribulational return of Jesus Christ.

2. Darby then devised a dispensationalist theory that matched the pre-trib theory about the raptured Church reigning with Jesus from Heaven over restored Israel on earth (which idea is not written).

The so-called 'Church Ages' theory has a lot to do with Darby's theories.

3. Later, certain group of men added to Darby's theories, isolating Paul's Epistles as being only to Gentiles and that's what applies to Gentiles believers, while other NT Epistles are only for Israel. This idea is blatantly false.

Doug

Apr 29, 2018
south
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In regard to what I said here:
"This is in this dispensation. The remnant of Israel in the tribulation will once again preach the gospel of the kingdom....that is Peter's message....the kingdom on earth and a kingdom of priests, the remnant of Israel."
I would not say it is not upheld by scripture below:
Matthew 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not to be flippant, but is not what you teach as well as your pastors teaching doctrines of men...you are just saying my doctrine is wrong, which you have every right to do, but it is to teach and understand the word of God.

So you're really an ORTHODOX JEW come here to preach a false doctrine that is against Christianity? Is that it? You don't know the danger your soul is in right now!

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Exodus 19:6 And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel.

This was spoken to the children of Israel.

Was Peter talking to the church today, the body of Christ?

Was Peter saying the church today is a holy nation?

Was Peter saying the church today is a priesthood?

Peter was talking to the children of Israel as read in Exodus 19:6.

"To God's elect" 1 Peter 1:1

Israel rejected Jesus, but believers have not.

who have been chosen according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through the sanctifying work of the Spirit, for obedience to Jesus Christ and sprinkling by his blood:
1 Peter 1:2

Clearly the elect are those who are obedient to Christ.

10 Once you were not a people, but now you are the people of God; once you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy.
1 Peter 2:10

Peter is addressing believers, Jews and gentiles, because Peter describes them as not being a people. Now if he was addressing only Jews they were a people, so he has to be addressing the people of God redeemed through Christ, who are now one people in Jesus.

To emphasise this Peter addresses slaves. A jew could not be sold as a slave to fellow Israelites, and therefore are gentiles who have come to faith.

What to be is odd is to think Peter would address the Jewish christians differently than the gentile christians when the letter clearly addresses the people of God as one body, spoken to by God, inheritors of the prophets and Gods word. The motivation to make this separation is to create a dispensational view of salvation, rather than see the gospel and its power to unite and make whole sinners into redeemed saints, God bless you

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In regard to what I said here:
"This is in this dispensation. The remnant of Israel in the tribulation will once again preach the gospel of the kingdom....that is Peter's message....the kingdom on earth and a kingdom of priests, the remnant of Israel."
I would not say it is not upheld by scripture below:
Matthew 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

Christ's Olivet discourse is for HIS CHURCH, which means BOTH believing Israel and believing Gentiles as one body.

I realize you've been lied to about that, their telling you that Christ's Olivet discourse isn't for Gentiles believers, but that's a lie that was developed by Darby's theories and those after him.

The coming of Christ and gathering of the saints per the Olivet discourse (Matthew 24; Mark 14) is a direct parallel of the gathering of the Church by Paul in 1 Thessalonians 4.

Christ's Olivet discourse is a direct parallel to the Signs of the Seals in Revelation 6, which is specifically to the seven Churches in Asia. Those seven Messages by Christ are to ALL Christian Churches all the way up to the time of Christ's return.

Doug

Apr 29, 2018
south
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you not really know???

1. John Nelson Darby, et al, in 1830s Great Britain is where the first preaching of the Pre-trib Rapture theory began in a Christian Church. He actually got the idea from the Edward Irving Church, which he later recanted some of the manifestations that were going on within the Irvingite Church. Prior to that, all Christian Churches had held to a post-tribulational return of Jesus Christ.

2. Darby then devised a dispensationalist theory that matched the pre-trib theory about the raptured Church reigning with Jesus from Heaven over restored Israel on earth (which idea is not written).

The so-called 'Church Ages' theory has a lot to do with Darby's theories.

3. Later, certain group of men added to Darby's theories, isolating Paul's Epistles as being only to Gentiles and that's what applies to Gentiles believers, while other NT Epistles are only for Israel. This idea is blatantly false.
I too think that Christ will return post-trib
I think scripture upholds pre-trib rapture 1 Thessalonians 5:9
Position in heaven Ephesians 1:3
Paul our apostle in this dispensation Colossians 1:25

Doug

Apr 29, 2018
south
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you're really an ORTHODOX JEW come here to preach a false doctrine that is against Christianity? Is that it? You don't know the danger your soul is in right now!
No... I am in the body of Christ

Doug

Apr 29, 2018
south
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"To God's elect" 1 Peter 1:1

Israel rejected Jesus, but believers have not.

who have been chosen according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through the sanctifying work of the Spirit, for obedience to Jesus Christ and sprinkling by his blood:
1 Peter 1:2

Clearly the elect are those who are obedient to Christ.

10 Once you were not a people, but now you are the people of God; once you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy.
1 Peter 2:10

Peter is addressing believers, Jews and gentiles, because Peter describes them as not being a people. Now if he was addressing only Jews they were a people, so he has to be addressing the people of God redeemed through Christ, who are now one people in Jesus.

To emphasise this Peter addresses slaves. A jew could not be sold as a slave to fellow Israelites, and therefore are gentiles who have come to faith.

What to be is odd is to think Peter would address the Jewish christians differently than the gentile christians when the letter clearly addresses the people of God as one body, spoken to by God, inheritors of the prophets and Gods word. The motivation to make this separation is to create a dispensational view of salvation, rather than see the gospel and its power to unite and make whole sinners into redeemed saints, God bless you
Peter was writing to the scattered Jews in the remnant....Gentiles could also believe and become part of the remnant