WAS PETER TALKING TO YOU ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Doug

Apr 29, 2018
south
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exodus 19:6 And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel.

This was spoken to the children of Israel.

1 Peter 2:9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:

Was Peter talking to the church today, the body of Christ?

Was Peter saying the church today is a holy nation?

Was Peter saying the church today is a priesthood?

Peter was talking to the children of Israel as read in Exodus 19:6.

Reactions: Truman and charity

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The earliest Church was the Jewish Church. Israel 1st, and then the nations. So, even before the Cross, Jesus addressed the Jewish Church, which was the only Church at the time, and the only Church that was under the Law. I speak of the Church as defined by "followers of Jesus."

Peter was among those early Jewish believers in Christ. And he also addressed the Jewish Church in this letter. He explicitly refers to it as his subject audience.

It was not that he was limiting the Church to Jewish believers, nor was he excluding Gentile Christians from the Church in general. It's just that his target audience, for this particular letter, was the Jewish Church.

What applied to them can certainly serve Gentile Christians as well, if the truths are applied in their own circumstances. Peter may even have intended for that to happen.

Reactions: bbyrd009

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God's Israel is... Christ's Church.

Don't heed these false ones crept in pushing doctrines of men that is outside of God's Word. They would have you believe that only Apostle Paul's Epistles are applicable to Christ's Church, which is the devil's children trying to divide Christ's body of believing Israelites and believing Gentiles as ONE Body...

Gal 3:28-29
28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.
KJV

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exodus 19:6 And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel.

1 Peter 2:9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:

Was he talking to the natural children of Jacob/Israel alone? Then please clarify for us the meaning of the following verses in accord with your conclusion. Thank you in advance!

"Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the strangers scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia," I Peter 1:1

"Who are Israelites; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises;
Whose are the fathers, and of whom as concerning the flesh Christ came, who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen.
Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:
Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called." Rom 9:4-7

"For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office:
If by any means I may provoke to emulation them which are my flesh, and might save some of them.
For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead?
For if the firstfruit be holy, the lump is also holy: and if the root be holy, so are the branches.
And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert grafted in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;
Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee.
Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be grafted in.
Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:
For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee." Rom 11:13-21

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Was he talking to the natural children of Jacob/Israel alone? Then please clarify for us the meaning of the following verses in accord with your conclusion. Thank you in advance!

"Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the strangers scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia," I Peter 1:1

"Who are Israelites; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises;
Whose are the fathers, and of whom as concerning the flesh Christ came, who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen.
Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:
Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called." Rom 9:4-7

"For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office:
If by any means I may provoke to emulation them which are my flesh, and might save some of them.
For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead?
For if the firstfruit be holy, the lump is also holy: and if the root be holy, so are the branches.
And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert grafted in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;
Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee.
Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be grafted in.
Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:
For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee." Rom 11:13-21
Addressing the OP, and also, my friend amadeus,
First thanks for the post and reply, Correct my old friend. for there are two types of "Strangers" Gentiles, and those who was scattered, (the house of Israel). but as said, all was under Israel roof. scriptural proof, Genesis 17:9 "And God said unto Abraham, Thou shalt keep my covenant therefore, thou, and thy seed after thee in their generations."Genesis 17:10 "This is my covenant, which ye shall keep, between me and you and thy seed after thee; Every man child among you shall be circumcised."Genesis 17:11 "And ye shall circumcise the flesh of your foreskin; and it shall be a token of the covenant betwixt me and you."Genesis 17:12 "And he that is eight days old shall be circumcised among you, every man child in your generations, he that is born in the house, or bought with money of any stranger, which is not of thy seed."Genesis 17:13 "He that is born in thy house, and he that is bought with thy money, must needs be circumcised: and my covenant shall be in your flesh for an everlasting covenant."Genesis 17:14 "And the uncircumcised man child whose flesh of his foreskin is not circumcised, that soul shall be cut off from his people; he hath broken my covenant."

the term "Stranger" here is used in an unusual way, "son" ..... :eek: say what? yes just like Job who was a "son of God", but was not of the seed of Abraham naturally, but Job was a "son" by the Spirit, why? because he, Job, kept God commands... (smile). Just as to the truth Peter spoke.
H1121 בֵּן ben (bane) n-m.
בָּנִים baniym (ba-neem') [plural]
בְּנִי bniy (ben-ee') [possessive singular]
בָּנַי banay (baw-nah'ee) [possessive plural]
(used widely) a son (as a builder of the family name).
{in the widest sense of literal and figurative relationship, including grandson, subject, nation, quality or condition, etc., (like H1 H251, etc.).}

as the apostle Peter found out, "God is not respect of persons", but accepts everyone who work righteousness, supportive scripture, Acts 10:35 "But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him." Why? Acts 10:28 "And he said unto them, Ye know how that it is an unlawful thing for a man that is a Jew to keep company, or come unto one of another nation; but God hath shewed me that I should not call any man common or unclean."

see the Church of God is no respect of person, be ye Jew or Gentile, or what NATION you are. if you "FEAR" the Lord, and work righteousness, just as Job and his friends did before the Law came... (smile), you're accepted with God.

with that establish, Jews as well as Gentiles are one in CHRIST the "SEED" of Abraham, not in seeds as in many... no, but in "ONE", Christ.

now the Gathering of BOTH, Jews and Gentiles, Ezekiel 37:15 "The word of the LORD came again unto me, saying,"Ezekiel 37:16 "Moreover, thou son of man, take thee one stick, and write upon it, For Judah, and for the children of Israel his companions: then take another stick, and write upon it, For Joseph, the stick of Ephraim, and for all the house of Israel his companions:"Ezekiel 37:17 "And join them one to another into one stick; and they shall become one in thine hand."

now the Gentiles,
Ephesians 2:11 "Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;"Ephesians 2:12 "That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:"Ephesians 2:13 "But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ."

the term "sranger" here is clearly speaking of Gentiles. that's a no brainer there.

and to who Peter was speaking, was BOTH Jews and Gentiles alike, meaning all NATIONS as the definition in H1121 בֵּן ben (bane) n-m states a "son", or "Nation.
1 Peter 1:1 "Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the strangers scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia,"1 Peter 1:2 "Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied." many think that these scattered strangers are only speaking of the so-called lost house of Israel, well no. this is what is refered back to Job and his friends, BEING, "sons of god", how, just like anyone else, ... by the Spirit, did we not hear Peter, listen, 1 Peter 1:2 "Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied". BONGO, "through sanctification of the Spirit" see Job and his friends as with all GENTILES was sanctification who obeyed God, as Peter said "who worketh righteousness", and this is clearly seen in Job chapter 1. so all those Jews and Gentiles who worked righteousness is accepted with God. and we see some of them right here in 1 Peter 1.

so if someone says oh theses are scattered Jews well no,

Peter said from, Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia where have we seen those names before? Answer, on the day of Pentecost, Acts 2:5 "And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven."Acts 2:6 "Now when this was noised abroad, the multitude came together, and were confounded, because that every man heard them speak in his own language."Acts 2:7 "And they were all amazed and marvelled, saying one to another, Behold, are not all these which speak Galilaeans?"Acts 2:8 "And how hear we every man in our own tongue, wherein we were born?"Acts 2:9 "Parthians, and Medes, and Elamites, and the dwellers in Mesopotamia, and in Judaea, and Cappadocia, in Pontus, and Asia,"Acts 2:10 "Phrygia, and Pamphylia, in Egypt, and in the parts of Libya about Cyrene, and strangers of Rome, Jews and proselytes,"Acts 2:11 "Cretes and Arabians, we do hear them speak in our tongues the wonderful works of God."Acts 2:12 "And they were all amazed, and were in doubt, saying one to another, What meaneth this?"Acts 2:13 "Others mocking said, These men are full of new wine."

BINGO, verse 10, "and strangers of Rome, Jews and proselytes". Jews and Gentiles.

see what the devil been keeping from both Jews and Gentiles, is this, and we have heard it many of times, "the Jews are the choosen people of God". true, but so are all in EVERY nation who Fear God and work righteousness.

one might want to make a cross reference of Genisis 17:9-14 with Acts 10:28 & 35.

so my old friend, you're on point and correct, May God bless you, and all of us.

PICJAG
101G The "Spiritual Saboteur"

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Addressing the OP, and also, my friend amadeus,
First thanks for the post and reply, Correct my old friend. for there are two types of "Strangers" Gentiles, and those who was scattered, (the house of Israel). but as said, all was under Israel roof. scriptural proof, Genesis 17:9 "And God said unto Abraham, Thou shalt keep my covenant therefore, thou, and thy seed after thee in their generations."Genesis 17:10 "This is my covenant, which ye shall keep, between me and you and thy seed after thee; Every man child among you shall be circumcised."Genesis 17:11 "And ye shall circumcise the flesh of your foreskin; and it shall be a token of the covenant betwixt me and you."Genesis 17:12 "And he that is eight days old shall be circumcised among you, every man child in your generations, he that is born in the house, or bought with money of any stranger, which is not of thy seed."Genesis 17:13 "He that is born in thy house, and he that is bought with thy money, must needs be circumcised: and my covenant shall be in your flesh for an everlasting covenant."Genesis 17:14 "And the uncircumcised man child whose flesh of his foreskin is not circumcised, that soul shall be cut off from his people; he hath broken my covenant."

the term "Stranger" here is used in an unusual way, "son" ..... :eek: say what? yes just like Job who was a "son of God", but was not of the seed of Abraham naturally, but Job was a "son" by the Spirit, why? because he, Job, kept God commands... (smile). Just as to the truth Peter spoke.
H1121 בֵּן ben (bane) n-m.
בָּנִים baniym (ba-neem') [plural]
בְּנִי bniy (ben-ee') [possessive singular]
בָּנַי banay (baw-nah'ee) [possessive plural]
(used widely) a son (as a builder of the family name).
{in the widest sense of literal and figurative relationship, including grandson, subject, nation, quality or condition, etc., (like H1 H251, etc.).}

as the apostle Peter found out, "God is not respect of persons", but accepts everyone who work righteousness, supportive scripture, Acts 10:35 "But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him." Why? Acts 10:28 "And he said unto them, Ye know how that it is an unlawful thing for a man that is a Jew to keep company, or come unto one of another nation; but God hath shewed me that I should not call any man common or unclean."

see the Church of God is no respect of person, be ye Jew or Gentile, or what NATION you are. if you "FEAR" the Lord, and work righteousness, just as Job and his friends did before the Law came... (smile), you're accepted with God.

with that establish, Jews as well as Gentiles are one in CHRIST the "SEED" of Abraham, not in seeds as in many... no, but in "ONE", Christ.

now the Gathering of BOTH, Jews and Gentiles, Ezekiel 37:15 "The word of the LORD came again unto me, saying,"Ezekiel 37:16 "Moreover, thou son of man, take thee one stick, and write upon it, For Judah, and for the children of Israel his companions: then take another stick, and write upon it, For Joseph, the stick of Ephraim, and for all the house of Israel his companions:"Ezekiel 37:17 "And join them one to another into one stick; and they shall become one in thine hand."

now the Gentiles,
Ephesians 2:11 "Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;"Ephesians 2:12 "That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:"Ephesians 2:13 "But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ."

the term "sranger" here is clearly speaking of Gentiles. that's a no brainer there.

and to who Peter was speaking, was BOTH Jews and Gentiles alike, meaning all NATIONS as the definition in H1121 בֵּן ben (bane) n-m states a "son", or "Nation.
1 Peter 1:1 "Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the strangers scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia,"1 Peter 1:2 "Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied." many think that these scattered strangers are only speaking of the so-called lost house of Israel, well no. this is what is refered back to Job and his friends, BEING, "sons of god", how, just like anyone else, ... by the Spirit, did we not hear Peter, listen, 1 Peter 1:2 "Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied". BONGO, "through sanctification of the Spirit" see Job and his friends as with all GENTILES was sanctification who obeyed God, as Peter said "who worketh righteousness", and this is clearly seen in Job chapter 1. so all those Jews and Gentiles who worked righteousness is accepted with God. and we see some of them right here in 1 Peter 1.

so if someone says oh theses are scattered Jews well no,

Peter said from, Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia where have we seen those names before? Answer, on the day of Pentecost, Acts 2:5 "And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven."Acts 2:6 "Now when this was noised abroad, the multitude came together, and were confounded, because that every man heard them speak in his own language."Acts 2:7 "And they were all amazed and marvelled, saying one to another, Behold, are not all these which speak Galilaeans?"Acts 2:8 "And how hear we every man in our own tongue, wherein we were born?"Acts 2:9 "Parthians, and Medes, and Elamites, and the dwellers in Mesopotamia, and in Judaea, and Cappadocia, in Pontus, and Asia,"Acts 2:10 "Phrygia, and Pamphylia, in Egypt, and in the parts of Libya about Cyrene, and strangers of Rome, Jews and proselytes,"Acts 2:11 "Cretes and Arabians, we do hear them speak in our tongues the wonderful works of God."Acts 2:12 "And they were all amazed, and were in doubt, saying one to another, What meaneth this?"Acts 2:13 "Others mocking said, These men are full of new wine."

BINGO, verse 10, "and strangers of Rome, Jews and proselytes". Jews and Gentiles.

see what the devil been keeping from both Jews and Gentiles, is this, and we have heard it many of times, "the Jews are the choosen people of God". true, but so are all in EVERY nation who Fear God and work righteousness.

one might want to make a cross reference of Genisis 17:9-14 with Acts 10:28 & 35.

so my old friend, you're on point and correct, May God bless you, and all of us.

PICJAG
101G The "Spiritual Saboteur"
Thank you for the detailed explanation. I really appreciate what you have presented.

Reactions: 101G

Doug

Apr 29, 2018
south
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Of course he was. Why would such a question even arise? Everything within the New Testament is for the Church.
Why would Peter say the church was a priesthood when it was spoken to Israel?
Why would Peter say the church was a holy nation when it was spoken to Israel?

Reactions: charity

Doug

Apr 29, 2018
south
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exodus 19:6 was spoken to Israel....the believing remnant of Israel are the children and they would be a kingdom of priests (Isaiah 61:6).
Peter also is speaking to the scattered remnant of Israel and told them they would be priests.

Doug

Apr 29, 2018
south
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God's Israel is... Christ's Church.

Don't heed these false ones crept in pushing doctrines of men that is outside of God's Word. They would have you believe that only Apostle Paul's Epistles are applicable to Christ's Church, which is the devil's children trying to divide Christ's body of believing Israelites and believing Gentiles as ONE Body...

Gal 3:28-29
28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.
KJV
The body of Christ is comprised of both Jew and Gentile, but are fellow heirs and a new creature

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exodus 19:6 was spoken to Israel....the believing remnant of Israel are the children and they would be a kingdom of priests (Isaiah 61:6).
Peter also is speaking to the scattered remnant of Israel and told them they would be priests.
You say he was talking to the scattered remnant of Israel which I never denied. You failed to directly address or respond to my request for clarification. If I was wrong then should we, being part of the Church, who are not directly descended by physical blood from Jacob/Israel set aside that whole chapter as not intended for our eyes and ears and hearts and never again read it or consider that God might have inspired it also for us? Has God nothing to say to us through the words written down by Peter? If you do not believe this, then please go back to my post #5 and explain. Surely you are interested in the Truth, whatever it is. Is it not a love for truth that keeps you or me or anyone from delusion?

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The body of Christ is comprised of both Jew and Gentile, but are fellow heirs and a new creature

Both Israelites AND Gentiles, all believers on Christ Jesus, inherit that holy lands of promise which God gave originally to the children of Israel only. The New Covenant made a change to include the believing Gentiles with the believing Israelites (Isaiah 54:2-3). Once Jesus is revealed to the unbelievers of Israel which God blinded (Rom.11), and that blindness is thus removed, then those Jews will then make their choice, and those of them which still reject Jesus at His coming, those will be cut off from the land, and from Christ, and will be assigned their place with the wicked outside the gates of the beloved city. Christ and His Church, are going to reign on earth (Revelation 5:10), from the beloved city on earth (Revelation 22:14-15).

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Peter was talking to the church, the body of Christ. Paul said the same things to the gentile church at Ephesus:

Ephesians 2:
19Therefore you are no longer strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints and members of God’s household, 20built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus Himself as the cornerstone. 21In Him the whole building is fitted together and grows into a holy temple in the Lord. 22And in Him you too are being built together into a dwelling place for God in His Spirit.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

If you read the first chapter of 1 Peter, it's clear that he is talking to believers. I don't see anything in chapter 1 indicating that Peter is only addressing believers who are descendants of Israel.

In chapter 2, Peter is contrasting Israel who rejected Jesus as the Messiah--"the stone that the builders rejected" to believers, who accept Jesus as the Messiah. He says "but YOU [believers] are a chosen race, a royal priesthood,...." Peter makes no indication that he is not addressing all believers.

1 Peter 2
So rid yourselves of all malice, all deceit, hypocrisy, envy, and all slander. Like newborn infants, desire the pure spiritual milk, so that you may grow by it for your salvation, since you have tasted that the Lord is good. Coming to Him, a living stone — rejected by men but chosen and valuable to God — you yourselves, as living stones, are being built into a spiritual house for a holy priesthood to offer spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.

For it is contained in Scripture:

Look! I lay a stone in Zion,
a chosen and honored cornerstone,
and the one who believes in Him
will never be put to shame!

So honor will come to you who believe, but for the unbelieving,

The stone that the builders rejected —
this One has become the cornerstone,
and
A stone to stumble over,
and a rock to trip over.

They stumble because they disobey the message; they were destined for this.

But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood,
a holy nation, a people for His possession,
so that you may proclaim the praises
of the One who called you out of darkness
into His marvelous light.
Once you were not a people,
but now you are God’s people;
you had not received mercy,
but now you have received mercy.

Doug

Apr 29, 2018
south
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You say he was talking to the scattered remnant of Israel which I never denied. You failed to directly address or respond to my request for clarification. If I was wrong then should we, being part of the Church, who are not directly descended by physical blood from Jacob/Israel set aside that whole chapter as not intended for our eyes and ears and hearts and never again read it or consider that God might have inspired it also for us? Has God nothing to say to us through the words written down by Peter? If you do not believe this, then please go back to my post #5 and explain. Surely you are interested in the Truth, whatever it is. Is it not a love for truth that keeps you or me or anyone from delusion?
All scripture is for us, for our learning, instruction in righteousness, but we can not directly apply all scripture to us....an example in Peter......Peter said baptism saves us 1 Peter 3:21....Peter has to be rightly divided to acknowledge this is for the remnant of Israel in regard to their commandment for baptism to justify God for a good conscience to enter the kingdom on earth....and the resurrection of Christ as their assurance of his coming to establish that kingdom.

Doug

Apr 29, 2018
south
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Both Israelites AND Gentiles, all believers on Christ Jesus, inherit that holy lands of promise which God gave originally to the children of Israel only. The New Covenant made a change to include the believing Gentiles with the believing Israelites (Isaiah 54:2-3). Once Jesus is revealed to the unbelievers of Israel which God blinded (Rom.11), and that blindness is thus removed, then those Jews will then make their choice, and those of them which still reject Jesus at His coming, those will be cut off from the land, and from Christ, and will be assigned their place with the wicked outside the gates of the beloved city. Christ and His Church, are going to reign on earth (Revelation 5:10), from the beloved city on earth (Revelation 22:14-15).
Yes, but the only Gentiles who will enter the kingdom are those who believed the gospel of the kingdom preached by Jesus and the twelve and the Gentile nations who blessed Israel.

Doug

Apr 29, 2018
south
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Peter was talking to the church, the body of Christ. Paul said the same things to the gentile church at Ephesus:

Ephesians 2:
19Therefore you are no longer strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints and members of God’s household, 20built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus Himself as the cornerstone. 21In Him the whole building is fitted together and grows into a holy temple in the Lord. 22And in Him you too are being built together into a dwelling place for God in His Spirit.
Peter still separates the Gentiles from Israel 1 Peter 2:12 1 Peter 4:3

Doug

Apr 29, 2018
south
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Whenever the believer works in the field and building of God they are fulfilling a priestly duty, for example, evangelism.

Romans 15:16
...the priestly duty of proclaiming the gospel of God...
Our command is not based on a priesthood ....it is found in Paul, our apostle....it is as ambassadors 2 Corinthians 5:20