Was Pope John Paul II wrong to kiss the Koran?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Pity the Pope on Judgment Day! Personally I believe Allah is Satan in disguise, leading Muslims to Hell fire.

While I agree that John Paul II shouldn't have kissed the Koran. Judgement on JPII is not our place though.

You do realize Arab Christians living in Arab countries actually call God "Allah," but they don't worship the same god as Muslims though.

I think this is something that should be understood by Western Christians.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
While I agree that John Paul II shouldn't have kissed the Koran. Judgement on JPII is not our place though.

You do realize Arab Christians living in Arab countries actually call God "Allah," but they don't worship the same god as Muslims though.

I think this is something that should be understood by Western Christians.
I did say "leading Muslims to Hell fire".

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you want to consider Faith in God of the Christian Bible "nonsense", have at it.
Then SHOW me the verse about "Scripture Alone" being our sole authority.
Why are you afraid to show me??

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ephesians 2:8 (NKJV)
8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God,
I didn't ask you for a verse.
I asked you if YOU believe that we are saved by faith ALONE.

DO you?

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, is it safe to say that these anti-Catholic tangents are NOT allowed?
I'm NOT the one who brought all of this up . . .
No tangents against any denomination is allowed on the threads. Take it to a private conversation if you want to discuss it further.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No - you pasted a verse.
Do YOU believe that we are saved by faith ALONE?
Question is what faith ? little faith, blind faith or is it the Faith that the Bible states that can move mountains ?
Oh ye of little faith is Biblical, so this faith all tho is a step, such does not cut it for true understanding Jesus Christ.
No Church never saved anyone, only Jesus Christ Saves ones Soul and gives you strength to understand the works of Satan.

Kissing a Bible is just a religious past time thing to do showing devotion or respect to such.
Pope JP2 was trying to appease them ? why ? they will only undermine Christianity for they know not God at all in fact for they are only a religion of mans works just like the Jews who are totally oblivious to Jesus Christ and anyone who says otherwise, is rejecting that one can only come to the Father through his only begotten Son. that case is the Golden truth.

Now when we see the two fools Islam and Judaism fighting themselves Pope JP came to offer a way out, I believe was the intent in all that. but they only used such a intent to undermine the RCC good will. a lot of RC people and MSM etc etc were badgering Pope PJ2 to do so in the name of Political Correctness gods that have so much influence and power. So under Vatican 2 this was created as a worldly power in dealing with all such outside of the Church. before Vatican 2 a Pope would never grovel to such trash.