Was Sodom and Gomorrah a foretelling of Isreals demise?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are many facts of burning and destruction, relating within the Gospel narrsatives from Jesus to the Apostles of a time where the elements of the earth and heaven (administration they knew) which would burn up, this would be their economy at the time which in 70Ad was burned down to the ground.

“And two of the messengers come towards Sodom at even, and Lot is sitting at the gate of Sodom, and Lot seeth, and riseth to meet them, and boweth himself — face to the earth, and he saith, ‘Lo, I pray you, my Lords, turn aside, I pray you, unto the house of your servant, and lodge, and wash your feet — then ye have risen early and gone on your way;’ and they say, ‘Nay, but in the broad place we do lodge.’ And he presseth on them greatly, and they turn aside unto him, and come in unto his house; and he maketh for them a banquet, and hath baked unleavened things; and they do eat. Before they lie down, the men of the city — men of Sodom — have come round about against the house, from young even unto aged, all the people from the extremity; and they call unto Lot and say to him, ‘Where [are] the men who have come in unto thee to-night? bring them out unto us, and we know them.’ And Lot goeth out unto them, to the opening, and the door hath shut behind him, and saith, ‘Do not, I pray you, my brethren, do evil; lo, I pray you, I have two daughters, who have not known any one; let me, I pray you, bring them out unto you, and do to them as [is] good in your eyes; only to these men do not anything, for therefore have they come in within the shadow of my roof.’ And they say, ‘Come nigh hither;’ they say also, ‘This one hath come in to sojourn, and he certainly judgeth! now, we do evil to thee more than [to] them;’ and they press against the man, against Lot greatly, and come nigh to break the door. And the men put forth their hand, and bring in Lot unto them, into the house, and have shut the door; and the men who [are] at the opening of the house they have smitten with blindness, from small even unto great, and they weary themselves to find the opening. And the men say unto Lot, ‘Whom hast thou here still? son-in-law, thy sons also, and thy daughters, and all whom thou hast in the city, bring out from this place; for we are destroying this place, for their cry hath been great [before] the face of Jehovah, and Jehovah doth send us to destroy it.’ And Lot goeth out, and speaketh unto his sons-in-law, those taking his daughters, and saith, ‘Rise, go out from this place, for Jehovah is destroying the city;’ and he is as [one] mocking in the eyes of his sons-in-law. And when the dawn hath ascended, then the messengers press upon Lot, saying, ‘Rise, take thy wife, and thy two daughters who are found present, lest thou be consumed in the iniquity of the city.’ And he lingereth, and the men lay hold on his hand, and on the hand of his wife, and on the hand of his two daughters, through the mercy of Jehovah unto him, and they bring him out, and cause him to rest without the city. And it cometh to pass when he hath brought them out without, that he saith, ‘Escape for thy life; look not expectingly behind thee, nor stand thou in all the circuit; to the mountain escape, lest thou be consumed.’ And Lot saith unto them, ‘Not [so], I pray thee, my Lord; lo, I pray thee, thy servant hath found grace in thine eyes, and thou dost make great thy kindness which thou hast done with me by saving my life, and I am unable to escape to the mountain, lest the evil cleave [to] me, and I have died; lo, I pray thee, this city [is] near to flee thither, and it [is] little; let me escape, I pray thee, thither, (is it not little?) and my soul doth live.’ And he saith unto him, ‘Lo, I have accepted thy face also for this thing, without overthrowing the city [for] which thou hast spoken; haste, escape thither, for I am not able to do anything till thine entering thither;’ therefore hath he calleth the name of the city Zoar. The sun hath gone out on the earth, and Lot hath entered into Zoar, and Jehovah hath rained upon Sodom and upon Gomorrah brimstone and fire from Jehovah, from the heavens; and He overthroweth these cities, and all the circuit, and all the inhabitants of the cities, and that which is shooting up from the ground. And his wife looketh expectingly from behind him, and she is — a pillar of salt! And Abraham riseth early in the morning, unto the place where he hath stood [before] the face of Jehovah; and he looketh on the face of Sodom and Gomorrah, and on all the face of the land of the circuit, and seeth, and lo, the smoke of the land went up as smoke of the furnace. And it cometh to pass, in God's destroying the cities of the circuit, that God remembereth Abraham, and sendeth Lot out of the midst of the overthrow in the overthrowing of the cities in which Lot dwelt.”
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭19‬:‭1‬-‭29‬ ‭YLT98‬‬

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Take care Jack, you are on ignore.

I can't entertain you anymore.
Start reading all the Bible, not just the parts you like.

Hebrews 10
31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hell will be FILLED with people who don't believe in Hell!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for the encouragement, sir. We definitely differ in what we believe concerning the bible as a whole, but I love you and may God be with you and prayers for you and hope the best for you sir.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Everyone will learn to fear God, now or in Hell.

Mark 9
43 If your hand causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter into life maimed, rather than having two hands, to go to hell, into the fire that shall never be quenched-- 44 where 'Their worm does not die, And the fire is not quenched.'

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Belief in Hell is not required for eternal residency therein.

Luke 16
19 "There was a certain rich man who was clothed in purple and fine linen and fared sumptuously every day. 20 But there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, full of sores, who was laid at his gate, 21 desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table. Moreover the dogs came and licked his sores. 22 So it was that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels to Abraham's bosom. The rich man also died and was buried. 23 And being in torments in Hades, he lifted up his eyes and saw Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. 24 Then he cried and said, 'Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus that he may dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.' 25 But Abraham said, 'Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things; but now he is comforted and you are tormented.

strepho

Jan 31, 2023
Meriden
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is ridiculous. Im one of God's Zadok. You can't understand the parameters here??. Of course people won't listen. Many people are close minded. Luke 17:28. Like wise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded. 17:29. But the same day that lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all. No METOR or asteroid destroyed Sodom. God did. Homosexuality and perversion God won't tolerate. Its moral degeneration and decay. 17:30. Even thus shall it be in the day when Son of Man is revealed. Just before Jesus returns 7th trump. Satan as antichrist and fallen angels will be here on earth. Moral degeneration will hit rock bottom. Antichrist will come 6th trump. The moral degeneration in the world is deteriorating rapidly, and its sign that antichrist will come 6th trump. Second Timothy chapter 3 tells us perilous times shall come. Evil will get worse and worse. Get the picture. The moral decay is getting more ripe for satan as antichrist near future.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know about 'Isreal' but I know this about Israel:

Romans 11
26 And so all Israel will be saved, as it is written: "The Deliverer will come out of Zion, And He will turn away ungodliness from Jacob;
27 For this is My covenant with them, When I take away their sins."

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You know, maybe that is true but Idk for sure, could have been from a nearby volcano. I can tell that from history reports, the Dead Sea is considered to be the local area were Sodom and Gomorrah used to stand, at least in speculation.
From everything,I've read, there was no volcanic activity around there at all.

If you look at the story in the Bible, you'll see that they started leaving at dawn, and Lot was at Zoar when the sun came out. There is only about 40 minutes between dawn and sunrise, so Sodom must be at the southern end of the Dead sea, or close to it.
And when the dawn hath ascended, then the messengers press upon Lot, saying, ‘Rise, take thy wife, and thy two daughters who are found present, lest thou be consumed in the iniquity of the city.’ And he lingereth, and the men lay hold on his hand, and on the hand of his wife, and on the hand of his two daughters, through the mercy of Jehovah unto him, and they bring him out, and cause him to rest without the city. And it cometh to pass when he hath brought them out without, that he saith, ‘Escape for thy life; look not expectingly behind thee, nor stand thou in all the circuit; to the mountain escape, lest thou be consumed.’ And Lot saith unto them, ‘Not [so], I pray thee, my Lord; lo, I pray thee, thy servant hath found grace in thine eyes, and thou dost make great thy kindness which thou hast done with me by saving my life, and I am unable to escape to the mountain, lest the evil cleave [to] me, and I have died; lo, I pray thee, this city [is] near to flee thither, and it [is] little; let me escape, I pray thee, thither, (is it not little?) and my soul doth live.’ And he saith unto him, ‘Lo, I have accepted thy face also for this thing, without overthrowing the city [for] which thou hast spoken; haste, escape thither, for I am not able to do anything till thine entering thither;’ therefore hath he calleth the name of the city Zoar. The sun hath gone out on the earth, and Lot hath entered into Zoar
Also, I'm thinking that there was no Salt sea prior to the destruction,or was fresh water until this happened part of S&G could very well be buried under it.1685719505533.png