Was Sodom and Gomorrah a foretelling of Isreals demise?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's up to you, if you believe if that scripture is true or not.
Of course Scripture is true. You're just twisting it.
There are people in those places, assuredly looking towards God in faith, and are blessed for doing so.

@Jack. Therefore, I believe it is true, and all nations have been blessed.

Im glad sin has been taken care of, but of course death, violence, rape, murder, hatred, greed, all go on in the soul of humanity, but some hearts are changed when they come into a live interaction with the living God by the spirit.

(so I dont subscribe to that agenda most would go on about those types of things; it is futile and fruitless.)
So if one person has been blessed by God the Nation is blessed? How utterly ridiculous. How about when the cannibal Idi Amin was dictator in Uganda? This world is CURSED!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jack, you can think whatever you want.

I dont care personally and do not believe I have to if you are just gonna continue to chide.

People come to God and God writes on their hearts and minds.

There is only one nation we are adopted into -> The Heavenly Jerusalem above.

The earth... Jesus was said to have said his kingdom was not here. Therefore one must think for oneself.

Can the people in Africa come into contact with God? By the Spirit?

Idk, that is up for people to choose and decide for themselves.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jack, you can think whatever you want.
I think the Bible is right. That's why I quote Scripture for my beliefs.
I dont care personally and do not believe I have to if you are just gonna continue to chide.
Please stop playing the victim. If you want to make unBiblical comments expect to be corrected.
People come to God and God writes on their hearts and minds.

There is only one nation we are adopted into -> The Heavenly Jerusalem above.

The earth... Jesus was said he his kingdom was not here. Therefore one must think for oneself.

Can the people in Africa come into contact with God? By the Spirit?

Idk, that is up for people to choose and decide for themselves.
This world is CURSED! A 'few' of us have been blessed.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The world has been reconciled to God.

You never read that before?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is the king james version if you like it better friend.

Sure human beings are still corrupt and are in need of spiritual rising from being spiritual dead, but the world (everyone has been reconciled to God).

IMG_0962.jpeg

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is the king james version if you like it better friend.

Sure human beings are still corrupt and are in need of spiritual rising from being spiritual dead, but the world (everyone has been reconciled to God).

View attachment 33122
I get it. You pick only the parts you like and ignore the majority of Scripture.

Luke 13
23 Then one said to Him, "Lord, are there few who are saved?" And He said to them,
24 "Strive to enter through the narrow gate, for many, I say to you, will seek to enter and will not be able.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh you dont know?

What do you think about this?

@Jack what do you think about revelation 21-22?

“And I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth did pass away, and the sea is not any more; and I, John, saw the holy city — new Jerusalem — coming down from God out of the heaven, made ready as a bride adorned for her husband; and I heard a great voice out of the heaven, saying, ‘Lo, the tabernacle of God [is] with men, and He will tabernacle with them, and they shall be His peoples, and God Himself shall be with them — their God, and God shall wipe away every tear from their eyes, and the death shall not be any more, nor sorrow, nor crying, nor shall there be any more pain, because the first things did go away.’ And He who is sitting upon the throne said, ‘Lo, new I make all things; and He saith to me, ‘Write, because these words are true and stedfast;’”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭21‬:‭1‬-‭5‬ ‭YLT98‬‬
IMG_0945.jpeg

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No I take the bible in a whole manner...

You think I am trying to say EVERYONE IS GOING INTO THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN RIGHT INTO THE GATES!!!

That is not true - but there are exceptions to the rule for those who never heard of Christ and only have nature to look at, understanding there is something greater than themselves, can GOD MOVE INTO THEM BY THE SPIRIT?

I believe so...

ARe there people out there utterly reject God? Yes, where will they Go? outside the kingdom...

All you have to do is ask me what I believe and I openly share, rather than being chideing with your remarks, @Jack.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Oh you dont know?

What do you think about this?

@Jack what do you think about revelation 21-22?

“And I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth did pass away, and the sea is not any more; and I, John, saw the holy city — new Jerusalem — coming down from God out of the heaven, made ready as a bride adorned for her husband; and I heard a great voice out of the heaven, saying, ‘Lo, the tabernacle of God [is] with men, and He will tabernacle with them, and they shall be His peoples, and God Himself shall be with them — their God, and God shall wipe away every tear from their eyes, and the death shall not be any more, nor sorrow, nor crying, nor shall there be any more pain, because the first things did go away.’ And He who is sitting upon the throne said, ‘Lo, new I make all things; and He saith to me, ‘Write, because these words are true and stedfast;’”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭21‬:‭1‬-‭5‬ ‭YLT98‬‬
View attachment 33123
Why didn't you quote this part of Rev? You pick the parts you like!

Revelation 20:15 (NKJV)
15 And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 21-22, mention it. (Revelation 20 is different though) Revelation 21 and 22 is after the fact, of Israels judgements.

Go read it.

What you believe about that fire is up to you though.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 21-22, mention it. (Revelation 20 is different though) Revelation 21 and 22 is after the fact, of Israels judgements.

Go read it.

What you believe about that fire is up to you though.
I believe Jesus, not Bible choppers.

Luke 16
19 "There was a certain rich man who was clothed in purple and fine linen and fared sumptuously every day. 20 But there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, full of sores, who was laid at his gate, 21 desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table. Moreover the dogs came and licked his sores. 22 So it was that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels to Abraham's bosom. The rich man also died and was buried. 23 And being in torments in Hades, he lifted up his eyes and saw Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. 24 Then he cried and said, 'Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus that he may dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.' 25 But Abraham said, 'Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things; but now he is comforted and you are tormented.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You know that in revelation 20, Hades/Hell/Sheol is done away with.

You quote Luke 16 all day, but those days are over with, in my faith of Jesus Christ and his victory, my dear friend.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Idk what the problem is, @Jack,

You can believe people go to hell all you want.

I believe it done and over with, and you can call me a lying heretic, it doesn't matter to me.

I believe the promise of the Kingdom of Heaven and the inside and outside, with the lake of fire being something that God has set up for cleansing and it is not something people will want to go through in the after life,

I wonder if we can go out of the kingdom and help those outside...

I have a very broad hope, and faith and love for God to be able to get his will done and having none - to be annilhated.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your right I dont have proof, that is why it is called faith, @Jack.

God may not even exist, but many have faith and hope that he does.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Idk what the problem is, @Jack,

You can believe people go to hell all you want.
Well yeah, Jesus said so. I believe Him.
I believe it done and over with, and you call me a lying heretic, it doesn't matter to me.
That's a LIE! Do you even know what will soon happen to 'all liars'. Let me help you.
Revelation 21

All liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death."

I believe the promise of the Kingdom of Heaven and the inside and outside, with the lake of fire being something that God has set up for cleansing and it is not something people will want to go through in the after life,
Mk 16 He that believeth not shall be DAMNED.
I wonder if we can go out of the kingdom and help those outside...
Only if the learn the fear of God.
I have a very broad hope, and faith and love for God to be able to get his will done and having none - to be annilhated.
Those burning in the fire "forever and ever" will certainly wish they were 'annilhated'. And those who tell them there is no eternal Hell fire.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Take care Jack, you are on ignore.

I can't entertain you anymore.