Was the death on the cross necessary?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I feel ya bro! Lol.. Some folks just bring out the jerk in us. A few deserve it. Lol.
ah well yall have my permission to dog me on that stuff k :)
True. There are a few "Christians" who substitute their theories for Christianity. And you are right, the fact Christian faith goes beyond our personal convictions, that it is focused on Christ and not traditions, makes many uncomfortable.
hey, i was forty years a Mithraist myself; changing your mind is not easy

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That the OP question was even asked and that the controversy over that question has gone on for fifteen pages indicates to me that there are unbelievers present.

Reactions: Anthony D'Arienzo

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
no offense ok, but if i addressed that with the pertinent Scriptures you would prolly cry sir
No son of man may die for another's sins; the soul that sins, dies
I can handle anything you have to offer my friend, are you quoting Ezk 18 as if it overthrows the eternal purpose of God as a direct contradiction??? Think again;
Isaiah 46:9-11 King James Version (KJV)
9 Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me,

10 Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:

11 Calling a ravenous bird from the east, the man that executeth my counsel from a far country: yea, I have spoken it, I will also bring it to pass; I have purposed it, I will also do it.

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That the OP question was even asked and that the controversy over that question has gone on for fifteen pages indicates to me that there are unbelievers present.

It is indeed a strange thing that happens on message boards. We cannot see a persons heart, what motivates the posts but we can see the posts.
My children have explained to me that there are people who are known as internet TROLLS.
They just post to sow discord. Thankfully others see through their agenda.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I can handle anything you have to offer my friend, are you quoting Ezk 18 as if it overthrows the eternal purpose of God as a direct contradiction??? Think again;
Isaiah 46:9-11 King James Version (KJV)
9 Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me,

10 Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:

11 Calling a ravenous bird from the east, the man that executeth my counsel from a far country: yea, I have spoken it, I will also bring it to pass; I have purposed it, I will also do it.
not sure your point there, sorry?
But i suggest that Jesus did not die for our sins, in the manner we are taught anyway
Bible Search: Jesus died for our sins

John Caldwell

Apr 12, 2019
North Augusta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ah well yall have my permission to dog me on that stuff k :)

hey, i was forty years a Mithraist myself; changing your mind is not easy
The issue is they need to desire to repent and turn from their religion and to Christ. This desire, I believe, comes from God Himself. Otherwise we are content in the humanistic philosophies we have created (or other men have handed down) because they make no demands of us and suit a worldly view. Until they accept God's revelation of Himself on God's terms, not theirs, they will never move spiritually.

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
The issue is they need to desire to repent and turn from their religion and to Christ. This desire, I believe, comes from God Himself. Otherwise we are content in the humanistic philosophies we have created (or other men have handed down) because they make no demands of us and suit a worldly view. Until they accept God's revelation of Himself on God's terms, not theirs, they will never move spiritually.
word

Reactions: John Caldwell

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Jesus is not the Christ in your opinion?
well i guess the Caesars were, first, and the Pharaohs before them; "Christ, Messiah, Son of God, King of Kings, Lord of lords" these were all Caesar's titles. Of course we hear that diff than they would have, and place a special significance on the titles now, bc preachers, not realizing the blatant ripoff was for a reason i guess
Jesus of Nazareth
"John Doe from Nowhere"
I said "you are elohim"
Pick up your cross and follow Me

Try a Bible Search on "Christ died for our sins."
try changing your mind, imo; and see that maybe you cannot Quote
"Jesus died for our sins," not one single time, in the whole Bible, simply bc it is not true!
No son of man may die for another's sins

Last edited:
Reactions: John Caldwell

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Now, Jesus as my High Priest i am down with all day long, dont misunderstand me; but i bet even that is more Christ's office than Jesus'? dunno for sure, cant really check right now. Almost surely Christ

but imo the bottom line is, no, i will not worship Jesus, esp after He told me Whom to worship ("alone") already!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
try changing your mind, imo; and see that maybe you cannot Quote
"Jesus died for our sins,"
Jesus is the Christ, 1 John 5:1, and the Bible clearly tells us that Christ died for our sins.

You don't believe this, and you are not born of God.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Jesus is the Christ, 1 John 5:1, and the Bible clearly tells us that Christ died for our sins.
so whats wrong with that? i totally agree ok
Christ died when you killed Him
You don't believe this, and you are not born of God.
i believe it more than you do, nyah, bc i have a High Priest that i dont worship and you dont
hey, that was cool, "dont and you dont"
narf
anyway, so there

you are a son of man too, elohim, and you should not have condemnation in you right