Watch out for sour milk

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was curious about that so I looked it up:

"A small sip of spoiled milk is unlikely to cause symptoms beyond a bad taste. Drinking larger amounts of spoiled milk can cause stomach distress resulting in abdominal cramping, vomiting and diarrhea (like a food-borne illness). In most cases, symptoms caused by drinking spoiled milk resolve within 12-24 hours." Spoiled Milk - Missouri Poison Center

So you're right I don't think it was the small amount of milk on the bottom of a rinsed glass. It was probably head pressure from headaches.
Yeah Devin...now on the subject of Salmonella poisoning, the non-typhiodial type most common in the West.

Actually pasteurized milk makes it much less a problem than other foods and liquid products that can become contaminated with this bacteria. The bacteria actually lives in human and animal intestines.

In the old countries where pasterization was unheard of, they boiled the milk or near boiling point. My Polish grandmother used to give me it when I was really young...hot milk.

No, the main cause of S. poisoning todays it from contaminated meats and fruits especially. So some BBQ places for example fail to cook their meats adequately or mix uncooked and cooked in the same area, or let mayonnaise plastic containers sit out and then do not clean out the containers when they need refilled. I got S. poisoning this way and it lasted for two weeks.

So I would be more concerned with beef, pork etc, and eggs, even processed frozen foods before I would pasteurized milk alone.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah Devin...now on the subject of Salmonella poisoning, the non-typhiodial type most common in the West.

Actually pasteurized milk makes it much less a problem than other foods and liquid products that can become contaminated with this bacteria. The bacteria actually lives in human and animal intestines.

In the old countries where pasterization was unheard of, they boiled the milk or near boiling point. My Polish grandmother used to give me it when I was really young...hot milk.

No, the main cause of S. poisoning todays it from contaminated meats and fruits especially. So some BBQ places for example fail to cook their meats adequately or mix uncooked and cooked in the same area, or let mayonnaise plastic containers sit out and then do not clean out the containers when they need refilled. I got S. poisoning this way and it lasted for two weeks.

So I would be more concerned with beef, pork etc, and eggs, even processed frozen foods before I would pasteurized milk alone.
Wow two weeks, that must have been terrible. Well glad you made it thru OK. My mother got the Norovirus which is partly why she died. She got it from a hospital. But she had an immune disorder and had stomach bleeding that they couldn't stop.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've been taking milk with medications I have to take and just rinsing the glass with water. I noticed some milk accumulate on the bottom of the glass a couple times. Anyways, I had a couple of feelings like I had food poisoning and almost threw up. Then the other day I did really bad. So just watch out for rinsing glasses that have had milk in them. It doesn't get all the milk out and can form bacteria in a matter of 2 hours I read. I don't know if that would happen with coffee also, but just an FYI.

Well at least hopefully I've figured out the nausea.
Coffee seems to me to remain OK until it starts forming mold. Don't ask me how I know!

Much love!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Coffee seems to me to remain OK until it starts forming mold. Don't ask me how I know!

Much love!
Coffee does last a long time. I have a small bowl I keep a spoon in for my coffee and coffee builds up. It take months to form mold.

Reactions: amigo de christo

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well my nausea has passed now, and I only threw up once. So I thought it might have been headache pressure, but I think it was the milk somehow. I'm pretty sure it was some kinda food poisoning.

Adam

Nov 30, 2022
X
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I saw the title of this thread and thought it was a metaphor

Matthew 16
5 When the disciples reached the other side, they had forgotten to bring any bread. 6 Jesus said to them, “Watch and beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and Sadducees.” 7 And they began discussing it among themselves, saying, “We brought no bread.” 8 But Jesus, aware of this, said, “O you of little faith, why are you discussing among yourselves the fact that you have no bread? 9 Do you not yet perceive? Do you not remember the five loaves for the five thousand, and how many baskets you gathered? 10 Or the seven loaves for the four thousand, and how many baskets you gathered? 11 How is it that you fail to understand that I did not speak about bread? Beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and Sadducees.” 12 Then they understood that he did not tell them to beware of the leaven of bread, but of the teaching of the Pharisees and Sadducees.

• Haha
Reactions: dev553344