Water Baptism

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Are you serious? Stop being a drama queen.
That's not what H. Richard was saying.
And you know that he didn't.
i keep hoping he will explain these, but tbh we, i have tried the relevant Scriptures--noted in my post--and asking nicely already. Maybe you could bridge for me here? But really, i pretty much believe now that HR worships Jesus, and i have hit the nail on the head

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

What makes you think that the men running your church have the correct interpretation of Paul's writings. Are their opinions better then mine? You will say yes but you are still trusting in men's ideas. As for me I am trusting in God (the Holy Spirit) to teach me the truth as I read the scriptures. You are trusting in men.

Apostles still alive! You mean the 12 who were sent to the Jews. You people think Paul was taught his Gospel of grace by the 12 but the scriptures tell a different story. But of course you will say I am interpreting it wrong. Just as the Holy Spirit taught Paul the gospel he preached the Holy Spirit teaches God's children the same way.

Gal 1:11-12
11 But I make known to you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached by me is not according to man.
12 For I neither received it from man, nor was I taught it, but it came through the revelation of Jesus Christ.

NKJV

You can't believe this scripture and still say Paul was taught by the 12 Apostles. As far as Peter being a rock; no where in the O.T. is a man called a rock. It always referenced The Lord (Jesus)

IMO This thread has become your work of teaching the apostate church which, IMO, is the anti-Christ. Why??? Because it elevates men above God The Holy Spirit. In The scriptures people tried to make Paul a God by worshiping Him and He, Paul, said not to do it. But it is clear that those in the RCC like to be worshiped that way. They wear outlandish garments to set themselves up as closer to God than others. They allow people to kiss their hand or feet. Just as Satan wants to be seen as a god on this earth the RCC clergy does the same thing. IMO

If you like your religion keep it. But i will never accept a religion that has the blood of many on it's hands.
Dear sir,

As you can see in post #24 I did not quote from the men currently running my church and their beliefs about water baptism. I quoted men and historical writings from two thousand years ago. One of these men, Ignatius of Antioch, was a student of the Apostle John. He is more credible than you. So to answer your question: Yes, their interpretation of scripture AND the historical Christian writings that were written during the time of the Apostles about water baptism are better and much, much, much more credible than your opinion's;).

The men currently running my church agree with Ignatius AND the other historical Christian writings that I referenced. Those Christian writings were written when the Apostles were still alive. What the men currently running my church believe and teach and practice has been believed and taught and practiced since the death of Jesus. What you believe and teach has been believed, taught and practiced for 500 years.

So once again I ask you: How is your interpretation (about water baptism) more valid than the men who walked and talked with the Apostles? Would you please reveal the earliest writings from the men you trust about baptism being symbolic?

Mary

PS...If you want to start a different thread about the RCC being the anti-Christ I will gladly join that thread and discuss it with you. Otherwise I would like to stick to the topic of this thread: Water Baptism

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mary The man I trust is not alive today but he was sent to bring a message of God's grace to mankind. His name was Paul. Jesus sent him to me, and the world, with the message that God love me so much that He sent His Son to shed His righteous blood on a cross to pay for my sins of the flesh, past, present, and future, future because I still live in a body with a sinful nature.

One thing I find missing in religions is common sense.

God gave Moses the law of 10 commandment and Moses took them to the Jewish people. They set up a religion that had men as priests. It didn’t take long for the law to become 630 laws. Fast forward and we see that the men in charge who knew the law which stated that killing someone is a sin. But they had Jesus killed. So we see, with common sense, that those in charge were not men of God.

Fast forward to today’s RCC “”and the others of religions”” and we can see the same results. The religious leaders committed the sin of murder when they burned people at the stake. Somehow I can’t see Paul having people burned at a stake for not believing his gospel.

Mankind thinks that God has gone away and left people in the hands of men that can be deceived. I don’t think so. He gave us a better way and it is described in the Bible book Hebrews.

I can settle, for myself, where we got the Bible by saying this. God gave us the Bible. Yes men wrote it but God was in control of it. Have you not read in the Bible that God used a pagan king to chastise Israel when they left Him and started worshipping idols. He also used a pagan king to get the Temple rebuilt. And He used some to put together the writings of men of God.

So the fact is, God used some people to put the Bible together, but it was still the work of God that gave us the Bible. You wish to give man the glory for it but we can see that many of the things prophesied in the O.T. came true and it was given to them by God.

Churches do not tell people that Jesus atoned (paid) for all their sins on the cross. Paid for Mary, not just available. It was all finished on the cross. Mankind does not have to finish it by works of the flesh in religions. What they do have to do is believe it, have faith in it, trust in it, have confidence in His shed blood that paid for sins of the flesh.

When a person stands before God and states all the things they did in religion to get them into heaven He will say what did they do about the work of God (Jesus) on the cross. Did they trust in His work or in their work in a religion.

Water washing (water baptism) was a requirement under the law of Moses and was practiced by the Jews under their religion. The only batism for this age is the one that is accomplished by the Holy Spirit. Salvation is the work of God, not man's work.

1 Cor 6:11
11 And such were some of you. But you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God.
NKJV In the above we see that we are washed (baptized) by the Spirit of God. Not by human hands.

My salvation is not in man’s religion. It is in my trust in God, not in men. I am in His care, not in the care of men.

Last edited:
Reactions: Triumph1300

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
One thing I find missing in religions is common sense.

Correct.

Jesus hated religion because it was keeping people from the truth and power of God’s love for them.
It’s one of the very reasons He died… to set us free from the burden of religion and to introduce us to the life-changing power of a life empowered by the Holy Spirit.

Reactions: H. Richard