Water Baptism

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Well you see, Mary so many dont care for Christ nor the spirit of God, so it is not that I choose to use teh bible, its just that carnal christians demand it.

And why on earth would I want to be a ctahloc, I was for 17 years untill Jesus found me, sad isnt it all those years and I didnt know who Jesus was, nor God for that matter as you dont, Even sat through a latin mass once, why ill never know, complete and utter wast of our time, by teh time I was 7 i could do teh whole mass without a priest, even remember that time many years a go when they changed the our father, so Mary being in that religion, you know that bit about dogs and vomit.

You are allowing her to yank your chain...it is all pointless. There is no real searching.
Your call...enjoy!

Reactions: Triumph1300

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You are allowing her to yank your chain...it is all pointless. There is no real searching.
Your call...enjoy!
Oh I knew that 2 weeks after she joined this forum, dont do it for her, also knew she was a catholic about that same time, even when she said she wasnt and denied not even a week or so ago, Deceiving, we know who the deceiver is. Oh did i forget to mention my post about the barbless hook she uses...

Reactions: Helen

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Everyone has a pardon under the gospel of God's grace. But if a person does not believe God then they are refusing their pardon.
or at least if they cannot confess to a sin when they commit it, and offer to fix it, and evince repentance, ya.

If i offend someone and then offer that i believe in God, rather than an apology/rebound, i doubt that is going to make them feel any better. Faith implies doing imo

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If i offend someone and then offer that i believe in God, rather than an apology/rebound, i doubt that is going to make them feel any better. Faith implies doing imo

So...do you believe that every offence is a SIN?
What in your eyes is sin?

Are you saying that every transgression against love, is sin?

Just checking....

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
So...do you believe that every offence is a SIN?
What in your eyes is sin?

Are you saying that every transgression against love, is sin?

Just checking....
ha well i guess some ppl are offended that i am tall lol, so it's hard to go by that.

lately i've been working with "sin is for me, forgiveness is for others," loosely speaking,
tho i guess someone might misconstrue 'sin is for me.'
so, i'd say no, i don't believe every offense is a sin, sin is transgressing a law, even an unwritten one, breaking a moral code, etc, without justification, "love" i really haven't tested my definition of lately, prolly a word i shouldn't even use i guess, like always or never, but i guess every unjustified transgression against life is a sin.

God's future judgement strikes me as functionally irrelevant once one is producing cancerous autists for progeny, if they can even have kids at all? Not that it could be Quoted anyway, i guess, God's Judgement melts away quicker than Beliefs when you go looking for it imo

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the baptism of fire, who can find it?
no ritual for that one, huh
We could go with the method Nebuchadnezzar used with Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego. The problem with it could be in finding any "most mighty men" willing to toss someone into the fire:

"Therefore because the king's commandment was urgent, and the furnace exceeding hot, the flame of the fire slew those men that took up Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego." Dan 3:22

Reactions: bbyrd009

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your call...enjoy!

You are correct. All he is doing is getting others to reply so he can reply with his garbage that doesn't mean anything. I stopped replying to him although it will be hard for some to do it because of what he says about them. All he does is try to put what others believe down. Have you ever noticed that he will not say anything about what he believes. All he does is attack what others believe and since he does not say what he believe he know his beliefs can't be challenged. He likes to sit back and throw rocks at others.

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BAPTISM and the Nation of Israel

Numbers 4:1And the Lord spake unto Moses and unto Aaron saying, Take the sum of the sons of Kohath from among the sons of Levi, after their families, by the house of their fathers, from thirty years old and upward even up to fifty years old, all that enter into the host, to do the work in the tabernacle of the congregation. This shall be the service of the sons of Kohath.”

This chapter takes all of Aaron’s sons and tells them what responsibilities they have in the Priesthood; the responsibilities that each department will to have to do; and notice that their service for God as a Priest cannot begin until they are thirty years old and are to retire when they are fifty years old. Between 30 and 50 is when a Priest can function in the office of Priest.

Luke 3:21 “Now when all the people were baptised, it came to pass, that Jesus also being baptised, and praying, the heaven was opened and the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him, and the voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved Son; in whom I am well pleased. And Jesus himself began to be thirty years of age, being as was supposed….” and he goes through his genealogy.

Now you know Luke tells us that Jesus Christ was baptized “when he began to be thirty years of age”. That must have been right at his thirtieth birthday for him to say it that way. And why would Luke tell us what age Jesus Christ was when he was baptised? Also, at the beginning of verse 21 it says, “Now when all the people were baptised..” All the people here is the nation of Israel and John the Baptist was baptizing the nation of Israel. (By the way, John the Baptist is the son of a priest.) He’s baptizing the nation of Israel and among those that are being baptised in Israel is Jesus Christ. And, Jesus Christ is thirty years of age.

Now we know something about the age thirty don’t we? Look back at Exodus 29:1, “ And this is the thing that thou shalt do unto them to hallow them, to minister unto me in the priest’s office…” That is, here’s how you’re going to consecrate a priest. Here’s what has to happen before they’re initiated into the priesthood:

“…Take one young bullock, and two rams without blemish, And unleavened bread, and cakes unleavened tempered with oil, and wafers unleavened anointed with oil: of wheaten flour shalt thou make them. And thou shalt put them into one basket, and bring them in the basket , with the bullock and the two rams. And Aaron and his sons thou shalt bring unto the door of the tabernacle of the congregation, and shalt wash them with water.”

Now ultimately this bullock and all this meat offering they’re putting together is going to be burnt as a sacrifice. When they were told there to take that bullock and the two rams did you notice it said without blemish? Remember when Jesus Christ was baptized what God the Father announced? This is my beloved Son in whom I am well pleased. There’s no blemish in Jesus Christ. Jesus represents all those sacrifices. He doesn’t need a sacrifice on his behalf as an offer to be a priest because he has no blemish. God looks down and says, this is my beloved son in whom I’m well pleased. He didn’t say that about anyone else in the Bible. This sacrifice in Exodus 29 is a type of the Lord Jesus Christ. It then says in verse 4 to take Aaron and his sons and bring them to the door of the tabernacle of the congregation, and “shalt wash them with water”. They are to be taken before everybody, with all the congregation in attendance, and before they can enter in, Aaron and his sons are to be washed with water. That’s water baptism in the old testament.

Now why are they washing them with water? This is part of the anointing of them for the office of a priest! Jesus Christ was baptised when he was thirty years old. You know why he was baptised? Because he became Israel’s high priest. He’s going to be the means by which Israel has a way unto God. The Book of Hebrews talks about Jesus Christ being their high priest. Christ means anointed one: the anointed prophet; priest, and king of the nation of Israel. And to be their priest, at thirty years old he stands at the door of the congregation, and he’s washed with water before all the people.

You know, people say we ought to be water baptised, because Jesus was. Why? Do you want to be a priest? And why was all the nation of Israel being baptised? Remember the covenant God made with the nation of Israel: “Ye shall be a kingdom of Priests” Exodus 19:6. That’s why water baptism belongs to the nation of Israel.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

What is obvious is that you have not used anything that Paul wrote. None of the historical writers you gave have anything in my Bible. Explain to me why I should believe anything they have written?
Actually - what is obvious is that Mary used Scripture as well as the testimony of the Early Church - and simply dodged the whole thing.
Scripture is clear on the fact that Water Baptism is regenerative.

Jesus couldn't have been MORE clear when He told that to Nicodemus:

John 3:3-5
Jesus answered and said to him, “Amen, amen, I say to you, no one can see the kingdom of God without being BORN FROM ABOVE.”
Nicodemus said to him, “How can a person once grown old be born again? Surely he cannot reenter his mother’s womb and be born again, can he?”
Jesus answered, “Amen, amen, I say to you, no one can enter the kingdom of God without being born of
WATER and Spirit.

Some people ignorantly point to the amniotic fluid that we all come from when in the womb - but that is NOT what Jesus was referring to.
He said, "...born from ABOVE" - not from the mother's womb. EVERYBODY is born from a mother - but only those in Christ have been born from above.

What do we see just 2 chapters prior to this conversation?? We see the Baptism of Jesus being described.
Guess what happened? WATER was used and the Holy Spirit appeared in the form of a dove.

Right after Jesus speaks to Nicodemus - what do we see?? We see Jesus and the Apostles BAPTIZING people with WATER.
Jesus's conversation with Nicodemus is DRENCHED with Water Baptism on both sides . . .

Finally - as to your claim about 2 Pet. 3:21 it is flawed.
Peter refers to the water from the FLOOD when he said that it "symbolized Baptism. He wasn't talking about the water from Baptism being "symbolic".

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul, by the Holy Spirit, probably started close to 20 churches, with many more born out of those by his apprentice leaders.

In Asia alone the NT mentions Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia, Laodicea, Colossae, and Hieropolis. Ephesus was really a city full of churches meeting in homes and from that work all the others were started.

So while starting upwards of 20 churches in one’s life is impressive, what is far more impressive is how many daughters, grand-daughters and great-grand-daughters were birthed from those.

When Paul left earth in the end of his life he not only left some church plants, he left the DNA of a movement that would eventually spread to the extent that even the Roman Empire itself would surrender to Christianity (for better or worse).
History was changed in dramatic fashion through this one man’s obedience.

He established the first European Church in Lydia's house.
I think what you are saying is that Jesus didn't start an actual church in any town but Paul started many churches in many towns?

Am I understanding you correctly??

Respectfully, Mary

Jun2u

Mar 6, 2014
Southern CA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually - what is obvious is that Mary used Scripture as well as the testimony of the Early Church - and simply dodged the whole thing.
Scripture is clear on the fact that Water Baptism is regenerative.

The word "baptize" in Scripture means "wash." The Bible speaks of two Baptisms. On the one hand, it speaks of water baptism which man performs, and the other, a spiritual baptism (Titus 3:5) which only God performs.

Water baptism is not essential to one's salvation as we read in 1 Peter 1:21, besides water baptism, is a ritual man performs and therefore, a "works" gospel which is contrary to Ephesians 2:9.

What do we see just 2 chapters prior to this conversation?? We see the Baptism of Jesus being described.

Jesus' Baptism IS NOT the same as our baptism. His Baptism has a different purpose.

Guess what happened? WATER was used and the Holy Spirit appeared in the form of a dove.

Get your facts straight! See, John 1:33. The Holy Spirit did not just appear. John knew who Jesus was!

Right after Jesus speaks to Nicodemus - what do we see?? We see Jesus and the Apostles BAPTIZING people with WATER.

To borrow your words: "SHOW CHAPTER AND VERSE!"

To God Be The Glory

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh I knew that 2 weeks after she joined this forum, dont do it for her, also knew she was a catholic about that same time, even when she said she wasnt and denied not even a week or so ago, Deceiving, we know who the deceiver is. Oh did i forget to mention my post about the barbless hook she uses...
Hi,

In what post did I say I wasn't Catholic? I think I have made it clear that technically I'm not Catholic since I have not yet been baptized into the Catholic Church, however, I am on my way.

Why is your doctrine about baptism biblical and the Catholic Churches doctrine not biblical?

Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your call...enjoy!
Hmmmmm......Asking legitimate questions is yanking someone's chain?

Can you give a couple of examples when I yanked @mjrhealth chain? Especially on the topic at hand: Water Baptism

Curious Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Read your Bible, Troll.

"Respectfully", Triump 1300

Yes, as someone said: "It's all pointless."
Just trying to understand what you are saying.

Thank you for the Christian like response; 1 Corinthians 13:4-7

Mary

PS...look up the definition of troll ;)

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your questions are only asked for the purpose of trolling.
You are The Mother of all Trolls"
Translation: Marymog asks some very tough questions that I can't answer. Therefor I call her names. ;)

Look up the definition of troll.....it is what you are doing.

Would you like to talk about the subject at hand or would you like to keep trolling???

Love, Mary