"Way Of The Master" Ministries

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Fire-7

Feb 8, 2011
I don't know how many people here watch the Way Of The Master program with Kirk Cameron and Ray Comfort, which airs on Trinity Broadcasting Network (TBN). Here is a clip of the program if you haven't seen it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g121d5EAras

Their philosophy is confrontational. It adresses the issue of witnessing. 90% of the TV program shows footage of them showing Christians how to witness effectively. They believe that the majority of Christians either don't witness at all or witness incorrectly. Believing that we shouldn't be trying to be win people over with kindness by being "friends of the world", as opposed to what most mega ministers teach today. They believe, instead, that we should simply go after the jugular--the conscience. That you should be straight forward and direct and sho people the law of G-d and where they fall short of it, instead of playing on their emotions.

I have always thought that it is a very interesting program. they teach along with demonstration. this was until I started listening to Way Of The Master Radio with Todd Friel. The radio program is confrontational alright. Todd Friel often attacks other ministers under the guise of "exposing" in the name of the Lord. What concerns me is his very condescending, cynical, and sarcastic tone. This ministry, I think, had a hand in bringing down Todd Bentley's ministry. they do a lot of back-biting and stirring up discord and dissention within the body of Christ. I don't know if they actually realize what they are doing, or simply don't care. But I found out about the radio show during the revival in Lakeland Florida, when they were spoofing Todd Bentley. Honestly, after that, I lost a lot of respect for this ministry and their theology. The bible says you will know them by their fruit. and I don't see how they are demonstrating the 9 fruit of the Spirit or the "way of the Master".

But feel free to share your thoughts and feelings

Disciple

Soldiers United 4 Christ
Feb 3, 2011
Dallas Tx
I beleive in letting the Holy Spirit minister and just be his mouth, you never know what the person you witnessing to needs so I just go by what Gods presses on me. Always sharing his love, thats the #1 important thing.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not a big fan of "The Way of the Master". For one thing, it is totally focused on the person witnessing, rather than Christ or even the person being witnessed to. For another, it leaves no room for variation in dialog - rarely do conversations in real life follow the pattern modeled by Kirk. Finally, it doesn't value the one thing we are trying to share with people a RELATIONSHIP with Christ because it does not value creating a relationship with the person you are witnessing too.

I am still trying to get over Kirk Cameron trying to convince everyone that God made bananas especially for humans because they fit right into our hands........yeah, Kirk, humans didn't have a role in the engineering of Cavanaugh bananas - unbelievable! This kind of logic might work on a Jehovah's Witness, but com'mon!

TexUs

Nov 18, 2010
Never watched it.

If the topic is about witnessing methods, that's debatable. Paul was very in your face about the whole thing. Just read Romans.
"You're wicked, you're evil, you sin... Here's the gospel... Here's your response to it".

WhiteKnuckle

Mar 29, 2009
Never watched it.

If the topic is about witnessing methods, that's debatable. Paul was very in your face about the whole thing. Just read Romans.
"You're wicked, you're evil, you sin... Here's the gospel... Here's your response to it".

Paul wasn't confrontational. He was brutally honest. Paul also spoke out of genuine love and care. On top of it when Paul called you out on something, He was sure to let the Lord speak and give explainations in a constructive way. Paul's intentions was to build not tear down.

Other people run around and say,, "Hey, I just call it like it is." To that I ask,,,

Why on earth do you call it like it is, yet you offer no solution, no options, and do nothing to help the other?

(editied to add) I'm not saying "you" Tex,, Just don't want a misunderstanding.