We are judged by works, not by faith

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is important to bear in mind that God not only forgives our sins, he also forgives us for being a sinner. In other words, not only does God forgive what I did, he forgives who I am. (Luke 18:13) "God, be merciful to me, the sinner!"

Hebrews 10:26 answers to the question, "who, other than God the Father, has the authority to forgive our sins" The answer is, Jesus Christ. If a person should reject Jesus Christ, then there is no other person who has the authority to make our appeal to God for pardon.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are judged by works, not by faith

A “work” of man is BELIEF.
A “gift” from God for BELIEF, is Faith.

A “service” of man is Confession (mans WORD) of BELIEF.
A “gift” from God for CONFESSION of BELIEF, is Salvation.

A “service” of man is Laying down his own bodily (BLOOD) Life For the Lord God.

Men make (covenants, contracts, deals of agreement Between men,) with their own WORD and SIGNATURE.

God makes (covenants, contracts, deals of agreement Between God and A man), with WORD and BLOOD (Life).

God gave His WORD, the Lord His BLOOD…
Mankind can Freely enter into an Agreement WITH the Lord God, BY the same Measure…
WORD and BLOOD (Life).

THAT ^ is accomplished…
Via ONE Work and ONE Service.

All works A man does to GLORYIFY God, IS NOT “a “works of Belief or a service unto Salvation”.

All works A man does that GLORIFIES God, IS a works that “SHALL BE” acknowledged with “A REWARD” given to men WHEN the Lord Returns.
(All works of any man, that does NOT Glorify God…”SHALL BE” burned.)

Rev 22:
[12] And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

Glory to God,
Taken

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well if you sinned once after receiving Jesus according to your implication- you cannot longer be saved! But no this is not about a believer sinning, nor even gentiles sinning, nor losing ones salvation.

But according to yo9u when does the future start for a believer for this to possibly true?After they are saved? After they read this passage? when would the clock start ticking on when they would commit a sin that Jesus did not die for? Were not all your sins future sins when Jesus died?
Not if you sinned once . this is talking about the same thing peter warned about .
WE BETTER KEEP TO THE ONE TRUE GOSPEL . or john too .
We better not be as many who are now no longer believing in the ONE TRUE GOSPEL but rather this other love go spell
which is indeed denying the very fact ONE MUST BELIEVE IN JESUS CHRIST . and ronnie or is it ronalld , MANY GOING UNDER
LOVE LIE as i even type .
MANY now believing the love lie , the other gospel , many within even christendom
are now heeding the oprah wimphries and all inclusive which has them beleiving that even muslims and other religoins
have their own path to GOD . JESUS IS GETTING DENIED DUDE . and that love gospel , which SURE AINT NO GOSPEL
THEY BE A CLINGING TOO .
BELIEVING things like the ol so called loving atheist gradma or buddist grandpa , well they loved so , THEY FINE .
HECK NO . HECK AND NO .
The gospel of JESUS CHRIST wont be getting trod under foot ON THIS LAMBS WATCH .
WE HAD BETTER HOLD TO the ORIGINAL BELIEVE YE IN JESUS CHRIST GOSPEL , that JESUS , paul and other apotels
preached and wrote , OR PREPARE TO HEAR , HEY , I NEVER KNEW YA , PEROID .
Folks . IF that which ye have heard , AKA THE ONE TRUE GOSPEL , from the beginning shall remain , abide in you
THEN YOU SHALL CONTINUE .
BUT IF Folks give it up and say things like oh muslims , buddists , atheists and etc can just lovey do to GOD .
THEY FULL of the lie of the love dung and that lie cannot save .
WE BETTER NOT fall for its love ruse . cause IT AINT LOVE and IT AINT COMING FROM GOD EITHER .
HE who denies JESUS IS THE CHRIST , IS of ANTI CHRIST . THAT LOVEY DO denies one has to beleive JESUS IS THE CHRIST .
ANY GUESSES WHO ITS COMING FROM . ANTI CHRIST . bess not sip of its cup no matter how much hope it seems to offer
no matter how much love it seems to bring , CAUSE ITS FALSE LOVE AND FALSE HOPE and WONT SAVE SQAUT .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is important to bear in mind that God not only forgives our sins, he also forgives us for being a sinner. In other words, not only does God forgive what I did, he forgives who I am. (Luke 18:13) "God, be merciful to me, the sinner!"

Hebrews 10:26 answers to the question, "who, other than God the Father, has the authority to forgive our sins" The answer is, Jesus Christ. If a person should reject Jesus Christ, then there is no other person who has the authority to make our appeal to God for pardon.
So let none buy into the all inclusive love lie . the one that implies and tries to have us find common ground
with other false relgions and teaches folks that them other religoins serve the same GOD we do , LIE JUNK .
I mean all other religoins DENY JESUS is the CHRIST . if christendom wants to now lead the world and its religoins
to gather as one UNDER ITS LOVEY DO LIE , THEN I SUGGEST WE TAKE THE FASTEST ROUT WAY out of any church that do teach this junk .
And PS , Grab who ya can and drag them out the door on your way out of that sick perverted house that even dares
to call itself by the christain name . OH yeah . WE GOT us a war all right . A heavy strong and massive deluision
has come upon the nations of the world under the guise its love ,, sadly CHRISTENDOM is from whence it sprang too .
Devil sure is clever . and he sure can wear him some wool too . TIME WE PREACH THE DIRE DIRE DIRE
necessity to BELEIVE JESUS IS THE CHRIST and OFFER UP NO OTHER HOPE , why , CAUSE THERE IS NO OTHER HOPE

Reactions: Marvelloustime

knothead

Sep 29, 2023
Tn
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since we cannot please God without FAITH, we need it for all we do. Christians will not be judged for "salvation" but for rewards...did good works through faith? Then you will be rewarded. Did bad or no works, many or few stripes. This is what I have learned over the years, not stating it is all true.

Also, there is one verse that has concerned me all along my walk and it is: "

2 Peter 1:9

But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins." this could mean that we are only forgiven for past sins, don't know, but it is concerning and worth a look into. JMHO
Eph 2
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.
Heb 10:26
26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

Reactions: amigo de christo

knothead

Sep 29, 2023
Tn
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well if you sinned once after receiving Jesus according to your implication- you cannot longer be saved! But no this is not about a believer sinning, nor even gentiles sinning, nor losing ones salvation.

But according to yo9u when does the future start for a believer for this to possibly true?After they are saved? After they read this passage? when would the clock start ticking on when they would commit a sin that Jesus did not die for? Were not all your sins future sins when Jesus died?
It is not according to me pay attention that is a verse I got from the bible . your other answer When again pay attention the answe to that is ine the verse.

Reactions: amigo de christo

gpresdo

Jul 22, 2023
Paducah Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since we cannot please God without FAITH, we need it for all we do. Christians will not be judged for "salvation" but for rewards...did good works through faith? Then you will be rewarded. Did bad or no works, many or few stripes. This is what I have learned over the years, not stating it is all true.

Also, there is one verse that has concerned me all along my walk and it is: "

2 Peter 1:9

But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins." this could mean that we are only forgiven for past sins, don't know, but it is concerning and worth a look into. JMHO
Upon repentance we are forgiven of all past sins.
The Lord's daily prayer ...includes this...forgive us of our trespasses......(that includes violations of God's commandments)
Thus ...renewing...... our proper repentant status.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Upon repentance we are forgiven of all past sins.
The Lord's daily prayer ...includes this...forgive us of our trespasses......(that includes violations of God's commandments)
Thus ...renewing...... our proper repentant status.
"My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:" 1 John 2:1

Thank God for Jesus! :)

Although I say the Lord's prayer each morning. But keeping in mind that this was an answer to the Apostles question: "Teach us how to pray" not what to pray. The Lord does not like repetitive prayer:
"And when you are praying, do not use meaningless repetition as the Gentiles do, for they suppose that they will be heard for their many words." Matthew 6:7
Also, this was all before the cross, the Apostles did not receive the Spirit to help with prayer when we cannot get the right words: "Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered."
JMHO :)

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is not according to me pay attention that is a verse I got from the bible . your other answer When again pay attention the answe to that is ine the verse.
Well show me the verse that says any future sin causes you to lose your salvation.

And show me when that future starts. Maybe I am a little thick headed here.

Also please show me where the blood of Jesus did not pay for all sin, just some sin.

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well show me the verse that says any future sin causes you to lose your salvation.

And show me when that future starts. Maybe I am a little thick headed here.

Also please show me where the blood of Jesus did not pay for all sin, just some sin.
Good questions in my opinion. I mentioned earlier that God not only forgives our sins, (what we do) he forgives us for being a sinner (who we are.)

But, frankly, all of my sins were future relative to the cross which happened early in the first century. Right? :)

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:" 1 John 2:1

Thank God for Jesus! :)

Although I say the Lord's prayer each morning. But keeping in mind that this was an answer to the Apostles question: "Teach us how to pray" not what to pray. The Lord does not like repetitive prayer:
"And when you are praying, do not use meaningless repetition as the Gentiles do, for they suppose that they will be heard for their many words." Matthew 6:7
Also, this was all before the cross, the Apostles did not receive the Spirit to help with prayer when we cannot get the right words: "Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered."
JMHO :)
Be not as the heathen for they suppose they will be heard for their many words .
Your correct sister .
So my question now is why do people listen to these people who say you gotta draw circles around objects you desire .
Or you gotta hold onto rosary beads
or we should pray to angels , saints and mary so as they intecede on our behalf .
I mean DOESNT GOD already know what we have need of ...............
Many be thinking they shall be heard by their many trinkets and etc . As though we need an object to commune with GOD
in prayer . Rosary beads , prayers to saints , circle makers and the works . its scorcey and lack of faith is what it is .
GOD knows what we need . He feeds even the birds . Worry not .
Even praying while knelt before an idol , an image . Sounds to me like man has indeed destroyed the simple
and made his own cunning ideals seem as though that is how they shall be better heard by God .

knothead

Sep 29, 2023
Tn
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And, if we finish The Rest of our Judgment, we find:

1 Cor 3:

14 "...If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.

15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself Shall Be Saved;
yet so as by fire."

Thus Confirming "The Eternally Saved" can "use Wrong building materials," and No verses for:
Amen.

Last edited:

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
12 says any man
It has been suggested by some interpreters that Paul is providing guidance to Christians on how to live. However, they seem to overlook Paul's introductory remarks at the beginning of the chapter. Paul acknowledges that there is conflict and division within the Church at Corinth and that the issue at hand revolves around the recognition of prominent Apostles and Teachers within the Christian community. The Corinthians were playing favorites, saying things like "I follow Paul" or "I follow Apollos".

In the given context, Paul poses a rhetorical question, "So, what exactly is Apollos? And what is Paul?" He then proceeds to make an argument using two analogies - one related to farming and the other to building. This argument serves the purpose of providing the church with an understanding of the role of those who serve the Lord through ministry. He emphasizes that each worker has a unique purpose and focus and a role that corresponds to that purpose.

With the introduction at hand, we are able to ask the question, what does he mean in verse 12? He writes, "Now if any man builds on the foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw . . ." Who is the "any man" in verse 12? Paul is talking about the function of God's fellow workers who are servants working God's "field" and building his "building." He tells us that he and Apollos (and the others like Cephas) are like workers in a field and the "field" is the body of Christ. They are like builders constructing God's "building." Where Paul has laid the foundation other servants are building on that. The "field" is the body of Christ; The "building" is the body of Christ. In conclusion then, the "any man" of verse 12 are the servants of God who are building up the body of Christ.

knothead

Sep 29, 2023
Tn
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It has been suggested by some interpreters that Paul is providing guidance to Christians on how to live. However, they seem to overlook Paul's introductory remarks at the beginning of the chapter. Paul acknowledges that there is conflict and division within the Church at Corinth and that the issue at hand revolves around the recognition of prominent Apostles and Teachers within the Christian community. The Corinthians were playing favorites, saying things like "I follow Paul" or "I follow Apollos".

In the given context, Paul poses a rhetorical question, "So, what exactly is Apollos? And what is Paul?" He then proceeds to make an argument using two analogies - one related to farming and the other to building. This argument serves the purpose of providing the church with an understanding of the role of those who serve the Lord through ministry. He emphasizes that each worker has a unique purpose and focus and a role that corresponds to that purpose.

With the introduction at hand, we are able to ask the question, what does he mean in verse 12? He writes, "Now if any man builds on the foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw . . ." Who is the "any man" in verse 12? Paul is talking about the function of God's fellow workers who are servants working God's "field" and building his "building." He tells us that he and Apollos (and the others like Cephas) are like workers in a field and the "field" is the body of Christ. They are like builders constructing God's "building." Where Paul has laid the foundation other servants are building on that. The "field" is the body of Christ; The "building" is the body of Christ. In conclusion then, the "any man" of verse 12 are the servants of God who are building up the body of Christ.

I agree with you in this post. Paul was not talking about just church leaders but any one who teaches the new covenant should be on same page, That said most every church today does not teach the new covenant as it is expressed in the new testament I am sad to say.

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree with you in this post. Paul was not talking about just church leaders but any one who teaches the new covenant should be on same page, That said most every church today does not teach the new covenant as it is expressed in the new testament I am sad to say.
That's sad to hear. Let's pray for revival.

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
I'm always glad to see new insightful points of the Bible. And almost always it's so simple, that it's been staring everyone in the eyes to pick up on the obvious. God really does test our faith in His words, by whether we take His words at face value or not. Including common grammatical meaning.

And so, some preach already forgiven of future sinning, and the Bible says such future sins are not washed by the blood nor forgiven.

Excellent. Thanks.

And are indeed worse than the old sins of the unsaved.

If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
It's a common Christian traditional error to lump unrighteous works of the flesh in with the ministerial works of 1 Cor 3. Our ministering can be in error and burned of ministerial rewards, but no doers unrighteousness shall inherit the kingdom of God.

Mixing unrighteous works of the flesh with ministerial error, is to avoid Christians still being judged by their own works by God, without respect of persons.

The Father judges all men by our works the same. The ones doing such unrighteous things, are the ones judged by God as the unrighteous not inheriting His kingdom.

The argument really is not disputable, but only whether the it's believed or not as the Bible says it.

Unfortunately, there are more unbelieving sinners in the world, that take being judged by our works equally, as just proper justice. There are Christians who want that kind of righteous justice to be forsaken for their own sakes.

They want to be unjustly respected as 'specially different' by their faith alone, from others doing the same things.

Reactions: Nancy