We are through the looking glass now folks...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The term "pro-life" is currently being redefined, slowly and subtly. Abortion is the one issue where ground has been lost in the culture war by the forces of modernization. In fact, current polls show that most don't support abortion in the US, the exception being in cases of rape, endangerment of the mother, etc.

So, in order to address that, "pro-life" will soon come to mean anti-death penalty and pro-social welfare. It's somewhat faciliated by elements in the Christian realm that agree with the traditional pro-life abortion stance, but also desire to see the pro-life statement further extended to the death penalty.

I'd say it's more a case of "my opinion matters the most" syndrome. If you don't like the field of debate, you simply begin to redefine them these days...

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but I am.

Mr. Obama is on record as supporting abortion up through partial-birth abortion, and three times as Senator voted against a law requiring doctors to provide medical aid to babies that survived botched abortions.

He is on par with NARAL and NOW.
The only ones further left on abortion are people like "ethecist" Peter Singer who feels that a child should be able to be "aborted" even several days after the birth if the parent does not want them because the child is not conscious of its surroundings.

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It's like the misuse of "pro-choice". The baby gets no choice.

Some years ago the previous scottish Cardinal (O'Brien I think it was) started to offer practical help to young women to help them not have an abortion if they didn't really want one, but various pressures, (including financial) were pushing them into it. There were howls of protest from the pro-abortion lobby. They didn't want the girls to have a real choice.