we do not have revival because we do not see the need for it.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
24Therefore everyone who hears these words of Mine and acts on them is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. 25The rain fell, the torrents raged, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because its foundation was on the rock.… -Matthew 24:25
Even james knew this . Of course HE DID . JESUS was the one who had said this and james was right there when HE DID .
THIS is why james would say as HE did about one who hears and yet does not .
This is why paul and others would say , A hearer of the law is not justified , but a doer . A DOER OF JESUS WORDS ALONE .
Lambs KNOW JESUS . AND lambs LOVE JESUS . THUS LAMBS KEEP HIS SAYINGS .

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most Christians are complacent. They are content with their place in the Spiritual world, and do not see the need of revival thinking they are in need of nothing.

My Soul cries out for the presence of God, and a revival of the refreshing of the Spirit in the church. The times are ripe for this revival, with the Principalities of this world scheming against the church, lawlessness increasing, the love of many growing cold.

Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord; (Acts of the Apostles 3:19)

So sad but true. Living in this age of Laodecia, we will see few real revivials and more like what was seen after 9-11. Rush to church, lots of prayers, but as soon as things return to normal or near normal- "Thanks God we will call ou again when we need you".

Marvelloustime

Sep 15, 2020
Heaven bound
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Even james knew this . Of course HE DID . JESUS was the one who had said this and james was right there when HE DID .
THIS is why james would say as HE did about one who hears and yet does not .
This is why paul and others would say , A hearer of the law is not justified , but a doer . A DOER OF JESUS WORDS ALONE .
Lambs KNOW JESUS . AND lambs LOVE JESUS . THUS LAMBS KEEP HIS SAYINGS .
Praise the glorious Lord.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is not because of any restriction on the part of God that the riches of His grace do not flow earthward to men. If the fulfillment of the promise is not seen as it might be, it is because the promise is not appreciated as it should be. If all were willing, all would be filled with the Spirit. Wherever the need of the Holy Spirit is a matter little thought of, there is seen spiritual drought, spiritual darkness, spiritual declension and death. Whenever minor matters occupy the attention, the divine power which is necessary for the growth and prosperity of the church, and which would bring all other blessings in its train, is lacking, though offered in infinite plenitude. Since this is the means by which we are to receive power, why do we not hunger and thirst for the gift of the Spirit? Why do we not talk of it, pray for it, and preach concerning it? The Lord is more willing to give the Holy Spirit to those who serve Him than parents are to give good gifts to their children. For the daily baptism of the Spirit every worker should offer his petition to God.

With every truly converted soul the relation to God and to eternal things will be the great topic of life. But where, in the popular churches of today, is the spirit of consecration to God? The converts do not renounce their pride, and love of the world. They are no more willing to deny self, to take up the cross, and follow the meek and lowly Jesus, than before their conversion. Religion has become the sport of infidels and skeptics because so many who bear its name are ignorant of its principles. The power of godliness has well-nigh departed from many of the churches. Picnics, church theatricals, church fairs, fine houses, personal display, have banished thoughts of God. Lands and goods and worldly occupations engross the mind, and things of eternal interest receive hardly a passing notice.

Notwithstanding the widespread declension of faith and piety, there are true followers of Christ in these churches. Before the final visitation of God's judgments upon the earth, there will be, among the people of the Lord, such a revival of primitive godliness as has not been witnessed since apostolic times. The Spirit and power of God will be poured out upon his children. At that time many will separate themselves from those churches in which the love of this world has supplanted love for God and his Word. Many, both of ministers and people, will gladly accept those great truths which God has caused to be proclaimed at this time, to prepare a people for the Lord's second coming. The enemy of souls desires to hinder this work; and before the time for such a movement shall come, he will endeavor to prevent it, by introducing a counterfeit. In those churches which he can bring under his deceptive power, he will make it appear that God's special blessing is poured out; there will be manifest what is thought to be great religious interest. Multitudes will exult that God is working marvelously for them, when the work is that of another spirit. Under a religious guise, Satan will seek to extend his influence over the Christian world.

Reactions: amadeus

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So sad but true. Living in this age of Laodecia, we will see few real revivials and more like what was seen after 9-11. Rush to church, lots of prayers, but as soon as things return to normal or near normal- "Thanks God we will call ou again when we need you".
Yes indeed my friend . But as for the lambs , WE GONNA CLING TO CHRIST THROUGH ALL TIMES . Let all praise and thank the glorious Lord .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
JESUS was the one who had said this and james was right there when HE DID .

No, he wasn't. James isn't one of the apostles. He is possibly/probably Jesus earthly brother - which in that case means he actively rejected Christ until after the resurrection.

We have to know our Bibles before we can teach our Bibles.

Reactions: marks

Marvelloustime

Sep 15, 2020
Heaven bound
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
If we want revival , DO THIS , RETURN TO THE First pattern that was left us in that bible .
THEY DIDNT wait for revival , THEY GOT UP AND PREACHED JESUS .
These clowns today lead us astray . THEY wait on revival and preach on wordly stuff .
ALL the while did destroy the church by teaching it to hug folks to hell . WE should never have left the original way of evangilism .
Did paul go into jewish synagogues and just sit and hug folks and listen to them . OR DID HE PREACH JESUS .
DID PETER . GO to the book of acts . GO TO the four gospels . WATCH JESUS . HOW DID HE EVANGELIZE .
DID HE not TEACH . DID HE NOT INSTRUCT . YES HE DID . LOOK at peter on the day of pentecost .
IF PETER had todays mindset , THE GOSPEL WOULD NEVER HAVE BEEN SPREAD .
TODAYS MINDSET IS , DONT SAY ANYTHING , JUST LOVE THEM TO GOD . WHAT A JOKE that is .
What kind of evangelism is that . ITS the type that leads to a one world religoin and govt . THAT IS WHAT IT DOES .
SO FEW correct the church anymore , SO FEW Even dare Say YE MUST Repent and believe IN JESUS .
THEY DESTROYED the churches . IF I speak WRONG . SHOW ME MY WRONG . SHOW ME IN THE BIBLE where i AM WRONG .
YOU cant do it . YOU cant do it . cause i stick to the only pattern i learned and know . THE BIBLE .
THEY sucked us all into a lie . Right into a lie . AND NOW its being seen as evil to correct the church
and evil to even say YE MUST BELIEVE IN JESUS TO BE SAVED . LOT OF GOOD RICK WARREN DID . THAT WOLF .
YALL , i beg us all , GO back to bibles . PLEASE . HURRY .
It’s back to the KJV bibles.
Learn that doctrine and not man made fables that will just tickle folk’s ears.
The biblical Lord Jesus is on His way back here very soon. Let’s all keep focused on Him.

Reactions: amigo de christo

Marvelloustime

Sep 15, 2020
Heaven bound
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The problem with many church leaders and many in those churches
is that they have surrendered unto the unholy trinity of man .
The science , the physcology , the medical field they have all hope and trust in .
Most folks have no idea that their leaders have fed them the wisdom of this world . much less do they know they love and embrace it .
BUT I SAY , RETURN TO BIBLES and simply LEARN THAT TRUTH .
Very true brother.
Let’s all open and read those KJV Bibles and dance a jig to the Lord.

Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s back to the KJV bibles.
Learn that doctrine and not man made fables that will just tickle folk’s ears.
The biblical Lord Jesus is on His way back here very soon. Let’s all keep focused on Him.
March ever onward in the glorious LORD my dear sister . Be on gaurd . Let us remember
what God warned that one church , LET NO MAN TAKE THY CROWN . False prophets are crown takers . WE sticking to the bible .
TO the bible and learn it well .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Very true brother.
Let’s all open and read those KJV Bibles and dance a jig to the Lord.
Sister you keep pointing to the most hated version . The version that more and more churches have abandoned . YET ITS THE TRUE ONE .
Stick to that bible sister . The cost of our being a desciple , we are all about to find out . CLING TO JESUS and have HOPE IN HIM
no matter what comes against us .

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I love the King James Version.
But it has translation errors just like all the rest of them.
The Word of God cannot be stopped by language variations.
If the KJV is the only true version then what are non-English speakers supposed to do?
Medieval English is not the language of Heaven.
And using a single version of the Bible certainly has nothing to do with the need for revival.

Let the lashing out begin. :rolleyes:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I love the King James Version.
But it has translation errors just like all the rest of them.
The Word of God cannot be stopped by language variations.
If the KJV is the only true version then what are non-English speakers supposed to do?
Medieval English is not the language of Heaven.
And using a single version of the Bible certainly has nothing to do with the need for revival.

Let the lashing out begin. :rolleyes:
Men have errors and make errors in what they do even if they have really met the Master. Availability of a flawless Bible will not make a person flawless before God. More is needed! How is it that a person communicates clearly with God?

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Men have errors and make errors in what they do even if they have really met the Master. Availability of a flawless Bible will not make a person flawless before God. More is needed! How is it that a person communicates clearly with God?
"Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered." :)

Reactions: Truman and amadeus

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amigo, I'm disappointed with you. Sigh.
cause i cling to truth . Who do i point too . MEN or JESUS .
We cant live by feelings . Do you realize how many folks i have seen that often claim they heard and hear from GOD ,
ONLY when i compare what they said to biblical truth , IT contradicts That JESUS . There is another god of this world
AND ITS the ONE THEY ARE HEEDING . HOW do you think satan tempts us .
IT aint through the truth , ITS THROUGH FEELINGS . WE gotta test those feelings and words of men , THROUGH SOMETHING .
PICK UP BIBLE , TEST THEM BY THAT . IF they agree to it , amen , if they contradict that JESUs and those apostels
ITS FLEE MEN . hope you like that . AMEN , verses FLEEMEN .

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
And I sought for a man among them, that should make up the hedge, and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it: but I found none. Ezekiel 22:30 KJV
Having ADD and a mild brain injury, I find the KJV unnecessarily difficult to read. Having spent years researching bible translation and manuscript history, delving into the original languages, I fully understand the subject. As long as one is reading one of the more commonly-used translations, and is able to understand it, I'm happy. On the other hand, religiosity is a real problem among believers.

Reactions: Addy

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And I sought for a man among them, that should make up the hedge, and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it: but I found none. Ezekiel 22:30 KJV
Having ADD and a mild brain injury, I find the KJV unnecessarily difficult to read. Having spent years researching bible translation and manuscript history, delving into the original languages, I fully understand the subject. As long as one is reading one of the more commonly-used translations, and is able to understand it, I'm happy. On the other hand, religiosity is a real problem among believers.
I preach no religoin . ITS JESUSOSITY . just learn the one in the bible is all i can say .
It rather odd that peter , and paul and others were sticklers to sound doctrine yet todays geneartion are sticklers to what FEELS and what SEEMS right .

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I preach no religoin . ITS JESUSOSITY . just learn the one in the bible is all i can say .
It rather odd that peter , and paul and others were sticklers to sound doctrine yet todays geneartion are sticklers to what FEELS and what SEEMS right .
Let's end this conversation now.

Reactions: post