we do not have revival because we do not see the need for it.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well it's nice that you know me so well, all the way into my heart.

This has been @David H. 's gaslighting all along, that because I point out bad behavior it means I'm personally offended. I guess you've bought into that idea too.

OK, and I suppose I'm not going to change that. I know why he does it, I'm not sure about you.

Much love!

I don’t know into your heart. I just know that you take offense easily in conversation and have a lot of words that trigger you. You often feel judged by others remarks and often get into arguments on what would be a more “correct” word to use and so you miss what someone is trying to say sometimes.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What I mean by "church" is the called out assemble of Christians, the born again. Is that what you mean? Or more like, everyone who attends a church on Sunday and calls themself "Christian"?

Much love!
And there it goes. Wanting to nail down the word church to make sure he doesn’t mean you personally.

Reactions: David H.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's good place to be, and I pray it is real.

The church today, in general, preaches a message of self acceptance, and high self esteem, which are the root of the complacency in the church. Until Brokenness and Repentance are preached the edification is detrimental to Spiritual growth of the members in the church. Edification only comes after this brokenness in the church, and that edification is towards continual maturation.... going from the milk of doctrine to the meat of the Word of God. It is a general condition in most churches particularly in the West that I am pointing to. Of course there are exceptions to this, who as Tozer said: "Pressed on to the fulness and power unknown to the rest" But they are few and far between, and not many enough to "dispel the mist that hung over the land".

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't put words in my mouth.

You complain, because I say "The Church is so lost in the ways of the world" denying this is a problem.

The Opposite of this is to say the church is good with God and in need of nothing which is what you seem to be advocating.

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t know into your heart. I just know that you take offense easily in conversation and have a lot of words that trigger you. You often feel judged by others remarks
You say you don't know my heart, but then you go on as if you do.

Could it be that I don't actually feel the emotional state you suggest?

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You complain, because I say "The Church is so lost in the ways of the world" denying this is a problem.

The Opposite of this is to say the church is good with God and in need of nothing which is what you seem to be advocating.
You are still doing it. If you were interested in honest discussion, you wouldn't.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

When you say "Church", are you saying it the same as @stunnedbygrace , that is, everyone who goes to church on Sunday and calls themself "Christian"? Or do you mean, as I do, those who are the called out assembly of the born again in Christ?

Who do you mean when you tell us the Church is so lost in the ways of the world? You don't mean yourself, I'm thinking!

;)

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And there it goes. Wanting to nail down the word church to make sure he doesn’t mean you personally.
You don't think that it's good to understand what a person means?

Would you like to know the real reason I asked that? Or would you rather just make your own personal dig?

Can a person be aware of someone's comment, can a person point out someone's comment, without having taken it personally?

But you've got me all figured out.

Much love!

Last edited:

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are still doing it. If you were interested in honest discussion, you wouldn't.

That is how "discussion" works....
You say X, I ask Y to clarify if that is what you are saying.... then you accuse me of putting words in your mouth. Quite frankly it is childish.

When you say "Church", are you saying it the same as @stunnedbygrace , that is, everyone who goes to church on Sunday and calls themself "Christian"? Or do you mean, as I do, those who are the called out assembly of the born again in Christ?

Who do you mean when you tell us the Church is so lost in the ways of the world? You don't mean yourself, I'm thinking!

I mean all who are in the church, myself included. Like Isaiah said: Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts. (Isaiah 6:5)

Some just have been revealed the problem so as to be able to see it and address it Like Isaiah was who saw his own wretchedness and that of His people when in the presence of a Holy God. It is in the Presence of God that revival begins.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
then you accuse me of putting words in your mouth. Quite frankly it is childish.

That was not my complaint. Care to revise?

David H. said:

So to you the church is rich and prosperous and in need of nothing? That is known as self deception.

These are not my words, this is the thing you keep saying falsely of me. Yes, falsely, yet you persist. And all because I refuted your latter rain doctrine. That's when you started.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I mean all who are in the church, myself included.
My question was . . . all who self-identify as Christians, or only the real Christians?

But to take your words at their face value,

I say "The Church is so lost in the ways of the world"

first look to your own walk, to extricate yourself from being lost to the ways of the world, then you will be able to see clearly to help others.

But until then, Scripturally speaking, you will not be able to see clearly enough to help until you do.

Much love!

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That was not my complaint. Care to revise?

David H. said:

So to you the church is rich and prosperous and in need of nothing? That is known as self deception.

These are not my words, this is the thing you keep saying falsely of me. Yes, falsely, yet you persist. And all because I refuted your latter rain doctrine. That's when you started.

Notice the Question mark.... and why placed the word "ask" in Bold.

If i ask you if your doctrine encourages sin does not mean i accuse you of having a doctrine that says sin is ok, rather it is asking for clarification on your doctrine in relation to sin.

To internalize a question like that is childish on your part, and shows an inability to have a rational discussion.

BTW, you never refuted my doctrine of latter rain, you only prove the need for this in the church by your denial of the need for this.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BTW, you never refuted my doctrine of latter rain, you only
Of course I did. That's when you went all like this. You can't get enough of putting me down, and I'm just letting you dig, hoping you will find a bottom.

Much love!

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
first look to your own walk, to extricate yourself from being lost to the ways of the world, then you will be able to see clearly to help others.

But until then, Scripturally speaking, you will not be able to see clearly enough to help until you do.

wrong, It is only in the presence of a Holy God that you can see clearly your own wretchedness and the wretchedness of the church so as to correct yourself and the church. Read John 15.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and shows an inability to have a rational discussion.
I challenge you . . . put into your own words, accurately and fairly, what I believe about the born again person's maturing in the faith?

Can you?

If not, what gives you any right to speak against it?

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
wrong, It is only in the presence of a Holy God that you can see clearly your own wretchedness and the wretchedness of the church so as to correct yourself and the church. Read John 15.
Non responsive. An appearance of a reply, but only that.