We had 2 feet of snow here in the heartland

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Shittim

Nov 19, 2020
Iowa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Dan! Great to see you. I have other friends down around Branson, they mentioned, thunder, lightening, hail, and freezing temps on the way.
1705237798413.png

Reactions: Debp and mailmandan

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Dan! Great to see you. I have other friends down around Branson, they mentioned, thunder, lightening, hail, and freezing temps on the way.
View attachment 39961
I love Branson! The temperature where I live right now is -9 degrees and the wind chill is -30 degrees. Thank God we have not lost power. In some parts of the area some people have lost power. Now we did lose power for 8 hours during a 3-day deep freeze back in December of 2022 and our house got down to 58 degrees inside. Thank God the pipes did not freeze!

Reactions: Debp

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I live in Washington and it was 11F yesterday. I went to the store and my hands turned pinkish red. I can't imagine what you guys are going thru in the midwest. Stay safe. I couldn't go out for long outside even at 11F.

Last edited:
Reactions: Debp and Shittim

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I live in Washington and it was 11F yesterday. I went to the store and my hands turned pinkish red. I can't imagine what you guys are going thru in the midwest. Stay safe. I couldn't go out for long outside even at 11F.
My wife lived in Camas Washington (next to Vancouver) for the first 12 years of her life before moving to Missouri. She talked about it raining a lot there but made it sound like it did not get as cold as Missouri in the winter. Is 11F unusually cold where you live?

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My wife lived in Camas Washington (next to Vancouver) for the first 12 years of her life before moving to Missouri. She talked about it raining a lot there but made it sound like it did not get as cold as Missouri in the winter. Is 11F unusually cold where you live?
Yes, 25 is usually the coldest it ever gets here and that is usually only for a very brief time, several hours or so at night. And only for a couple days at most.

My Dad said when he was a young it would get 5 feet of snow and as a child I remember 2 feet of snow, but now we're lucky to get 9 inches. Last year and this year we had two rough times of around 10-20F which is not normal. And I don't know at what temperature the water system gives out, but it worried me enough to store some water in the fridge.

I live in the Seattle area.

Reactions: Debp and mailmandan

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh my, I totally forgot about our Canadian members:

Reactions: Debp

Shittim

Nov 19, 2020
Iowa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, 25 is usually the coldest it ever gets here and that is usually only for a very brief time, several hours or so at night. And only for a couple days at most.

My Dad said when he was a young it would get 5 feet of snow and as a child I remember 2 feet of snow, but now we're lucky to get 9 inches. Last year and this year we had two rough times of around 10-20F which is not normal. And I don't know at what temperature the water system gives out, but it worried me enough to store some water in the fridge.

I live in the Seattle area.
if you are concerned with freezing, running about a pencil stream of water will keep them from freezing. don't know how deep your pipes are.

Reactions: Debp and dev553344

Shittim

Nov 19, 2020
Iowa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
had a place like that, very dry fall, so dry the frost went very deep, about 6 houses in town had to let water run, came out to about 100k gallons over the few months.

• Wow
Reactions: Debp and dev553344

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is that even with gloves on, Dev?

Here in Southern California it is currently 53 and that is cold for us. Overnight in the wee hours it will drop more.

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You know if I mention weather machines, you all will think I'm crazy.
So I won't mention it.

:D
Hugs
A lot of times in our nearby mountains near Los Angeles, they use machines to create snow and blow it on the slopes for skiers, etc. Not this time though!

Reactions: Ziggy