We MUST have revival

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel; And it shall come to pass in the LAST DAYS, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit UPON ALL FLESH: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams... And I will show wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood and fire and pillars of smoke: The sun shall be turned to darkness and the moon into blood, before that great and notable day of the Lord come" (Acts 2:16-20).

B

brakelite

There will indeed be a revival of vital godliness, and it will encompass all the churches and bring "my people out of Babylon" . But the vast majority will neither recognise it, nor condone it in fact the devil will do confuse the issue that good will be called evil, and evil good. The true revival will be deemed as heretical, and the remnant of God's people at that time will suffer persecution at the hands of the church's leaders and the state will be the churches weapon of choice against the heretics.

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
'For our citizenship is in Heaven,
from which also we are looking for the Savior,
the Lord Jesus Christ,
who shall change our body of humiliation
so that it may be fashioned like His glorious body,
according to the working of His power,
even to subdue all things to Himself.'

(Philippians 3:20-21)

Hello there,

I live in the UK, some of you live in the U.S.A, Canada and elsewhere, but if we are, 'in Christ', then our citizenship is in Heaven, and we live, looking for His appearing, when we too will appear with Him in glory.

'The whole world lieth in wickedness', but we must comfort ourselves that the Lord knows those who are His, and that all who are called according to His purpose will be saved and sealed for eternity. Opportunity will be given, and souls will be saved.

Elijah despaired of life, thinking that he was alone in (1 Kings 19); but the Lord knew that there were 7,000 who had not bowed their knees to Baal. We need to rejoice in the Lord our God and stay our minds upon Him, for He is able to do far more than we can ever ask or think. He is not in the whirlwind or the earthquake, but is the still small voice that speaks to the heart.

May His perfect will be done, and His purposes accomplished in the earth, and in each one of us, for His Name and glory's sake.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:
Reactions: Prayer Warrior

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There will indeed be a revival of vital godliness, and it will encompass all the churches and bring "my people out of Babylon" . But the vast majority will neither recognise it, nor condone it in fact the devil will do confuse the issue that good will be called evil, and evil good. The true revival will be deemed as heretical, and the remnant of God's people at that time will suffer persecution at the hands of the church's leaders and the state will be the churches weapon of choice against the heretics.

Of course, true revival can only happen in the true church, meaning true believers. I think that true revival usually is deemed heretical by churchgoers who are not truly believers. And yes, I agree that more persecution will come. I think we need it. Too many of us are far too comfortable in this world that is not our home.

There's a lot more I could say about this, but it's too early in the morning where I live, and I just spent a couple of hours on another forum reading a discussion by mostly Orthodox Christians in order to understand their theology. I'm not Orthodox and never will be, but it was interesting. From what I read, they look down on us Protestants.....

Last edited:

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
'For our citizenship is in Heaven,
from which also we are looking for the Savior,
the Lord Jesus Christ,
who shall change our body of humiliation
so that it may be fashioned like His glorious body,
according to the working of His power,
even to subdue all things to Himself.'

(Philippians 3:20-21)

Hello there,

I live in the UK, some of you live in the U.S.A, Canada and elsewhere, but if we are, 'in Christ', then our citizenship is in Heaven, and we live, looking for His appearing, when we too will appear with Him in glory.

'The whole world lieth in wickedness', but we must comfort ourselves that the Lord knows those who are His, and that all who are called according to His purpose will be saved and sealed for eternity. Opportunity will be given, and souls will be saved.

Elijah despaired of life, thinking that he was alone in (1 Kings 19); but the Lord knew that there were 7,000 who had not bowed their knees to Baal. We need to rejoice in the Lord our God and stay our minds upon Him, for He is able to do far more than we can ever ask or think. He is not in the whirlwind or the earthquake, but is the still small voice that speaks to the heart.

May His perfect will be done, and His purposes accomplished in the earth, and in each one of us, for His Name and glory's sake.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Hi, Chris, I've enjoyed reading various posts of yours. I don't mean this to sound bad, but I'm glad to see that there are some Brits who believe the Bible. It seems that most of Europe has abandoned God's Word--at least from where I sit in the USA. Of course, most Americans have too.... Yes, our true citizenship is in heaven, and we would do well to be more mindful of this.

Blessings, Deborah

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, Chris, I've enjoyed reading various posts of yours. I don't mean this to sound bad, but I'm glad to see that there are some Brits who believe the Bible. It seems that most of Europe has abandoned God's Word--at least from where I sit in the USA. Of course, most Americans have too.... Yes, our true citizenship is in heaven, and we would do well to be more mindful of this.

Blessings, Deborah
'Let all the earth fear Jehovah;
let all the people of the world stand in awe of Him.
For He spoke, and it was done;
He commanded, and it stood.
Jehovah brings the counsel of the nations to nothing;
He breaks the plots of the people.
The counsel of Jehovah stands forever,
the thoughts of His heart to all generations.'

(Psa 33:8-11)

Hi Deborah,
Looking from a distance, at the news reports from Britain, I can understand why you should feel like that: for the Church of England has become complicit in legislation which goes contrary to the Word of God, and the denominations generally now accept and practice things which are not in keeping with God's will as a result of laws passed. As is the case in other countries too.

Yet, as I type these words, I question my own standards, and realize how living in the world day by day, listening to the media, reading the news, and simply living day by day among the warped moral standards of the society in which we live we unconsciously imbibe the opinions of the world, and our own perception of what is right and wrong can be eroded. How we need the constant washing of the Word, to keep our minds pure from these influences and their contamination.

I am so grateful to God for imputing His righteousness to me in Christ Jesus, and declaring me to be 'not guilty'. For I am a sinner, saved by grace.

Praise His Holy Name!

In Christ Jesus
Chris

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
wadr i don't think the regenerated ever need revival
Bible Search: revival

Interesting thought, @bbyrd009,
Why should the regenerated need revival?

Yet refreshment is sometimes required, isn't it? For unless each individual member of a congregation is stayed upon God and fellowshipping with Him, through His Word and in prayer, then the community can become impoverished and in a low spiritual state. For the Word of God is our spiritual food, and we need to receive of the water from the fountain of living water, in order to become a channel of that refreshment and blessing to others.

Thank you, again.
In Christ Jesus
Chris

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Interesting thought, @bbyrd009,
Why should the regenerated need revival?

Yet refreshment is sometimes required, isn't it? For unless each individual member of a congregation is stayed upon God and fellowshipping with Him, through His Word and in prayer, then the community can become impoverished and in a low spiritual state. For the Word of God is our spiritual food, and we need to receive of the water from the fountain of living water, in order to become a channel of that refreshment and blessing to others.

Thank you, again.
In Christ Jesus
Chris
i would ask you to contrast the community up there with the community in this scenario of revival as "relief;"
Though we are slaves, our God has not abandoned us in our slavery. He has extended grace to us in the presence of the Persian kings, giving us relief,

the "slaves" part being an admittance that they were literal captives, not like "slaves to Christ" or whatever iow

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
'Let all the earth fear Jehovah;
let all the people of the world stand in awe of Him.
For He spoke, and it was done;
He commanded, and it stood.
Jehovah brings the counsel of the nations to nothing;
He breaks the plots of the people.
The counsel of Jehovah stands forever,
the thoughts of His heart to all generations.'

(Psa 33:8-11)

Hi Deborah,
Looking from a distance, at the news reports from Britain, I can understand why you should feel like that: for the Church of England has become complicit in legislation which goes contrary to the Word of God, and the denominations generally now accept and practice things which are not in keeping with God's will as a result of laws passed. As is the case in other countries too.

Yet, as I type these words, I question my own standards, and realize how living in the world day by day, listening to the media, reading the news, and simply living day by day among the warped moral standards of the society in which we live we unconsciously imbibe the opinions of the world, and our own perception of what is right and wrong can be eroded. How we need the constant washing of the Word, to keep our minds pure from these influences and their contamination.

I am so grateful to God for imputing His righteousness to me in Christ Jesus, and declaring me to be 'not guilty'. For I am a sinner, saved by grace.

Praise His Holy Name!

In Christ Jesus
Chris
It’s true that we would all do well to soberly assess our walks with God. He doesn’t let me stray too far from Him, and that’s how I want it. I NEED Him so much!

Reactions: amadeus and charity

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
i would ask you to contrast the community up there with the community in this scenario of revival as "relief;"
Though we are slaves, our God has not abandoned us in our slavery. He has extended grace to us in the presence of the Persian kings, giving us relief,

the "slaves" part being an admittance that they were literal captives, not like "slaves to Christ" or whatever iow
Hello again, @bbrd009,

An interesting thought, again. The reference you give (from the NIV) is Ezra 9:9:-

'Though we are slaves, our God has not forsaken us in our bondage.
He has shown us kindness in the sight of the kings of Persia:
He has granted us new life
(revival) to rebuild the house of our God and repair its ruins,
and He has given us a wall of protection in Judah and Jerusalem.'

* At this point in Israel's history they were the 'subjects' of the Persians (Neh.9:36)

"But see, we are slaves today,
slaves in the land you gave our ancestors
so they could eat its fruit and the other good things it produces.
Because of our sins,
its abundant harvest goes to the kings you have placed over us.
They rule over our bodies and our cattle as they please.
We are in great distress.'

(Neh 9:36-37)

* Yet in that circumstance God was merciful to this remnant by reviving them, in order to set up the house of God and prepare the desolation, and provide a wall pf protection in Judah and in Jerusalem. To beautify the Lord's house in Jerusalem.

* You ask me to contrast ('the community up there' which I think refers to the content of the post this response of yours replies to) with the community in this scenario of revival.

* The word revival is translated, 'new life' in the NIV of Ezra 9:9, and this revival or new life was granted by God for a purpose, as I said previously. In the verses following verse 9, there is sorrow for sin expressed, and confession that they had become contaminated by the influence of the people of the land in which they were taken captive in Persia, and Ezra prays in chapter ten, and the people all cry before the Lord.

I do not feel equal to the task of making this comparison: for the revival here is God given, and for a purpose, it is an enlivening for the purpose of His choosing, and brings forth the fruit of confession and repentance in those concerned. Perhaps this is what is desired by those who seek revival within the Church today, that the hearts hardened by much hearing without the necessary obedience to the Word of God, will cry before the Lord and seek Him, that they may be revived and equipped for His service. To the glory of His Name.

Praise God!

I thank you for this search and the thought process it has engendered within me.
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I don’t know about you, but I get weary. I would welcome a fresh outpouring of the Holy Spirit.
yes, but. ha this is harder to reply to than i thought, but if you would reflect on your state of "weary" and the vv we all know about that, and compare with the Bsearch up there for "revival" maybe the point starts to come together. But understand that if you consider yourself "saved" right now this will not really be doable.

"i am saved" and "i am weary, and desire revival" do not compute iow, those things we used to do at our love feasts were much more like orgies or something, a roomful of ppl on MDMA is the closest analogy that comes to mind. Which don't get me wrong those are fun and all, i don't really see any harm, but imo we might at least understand the diff in Scriptural revival and our old marketing "revivals" that consist of shows to incite emo-frenzy and etc, just like ponzi schemes do?

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BByrd, you lost me on post 35. Paul compares the Christian life to a race in 2 Timothy 4:7. Surely, every runner gets tired sometimes and needs a fresh burst of energy to finish the race.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
in order to set up the house of God and prepare the desolation, and provide a wall pf protection in Judah and in Jerusalem. To beautify the Lord's house in Jerusalem.
man, how to put this, um ok, from a certain pov, yes, that is the story, but when we consider God's comments about houses that we build for Him--buildings, i mean, literal houses, not the faithful houses (us)--then your comments are cast in another light imo

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
* You ask me to contrast ('the community up there' which I think refers to the content of the post this response of yours replies to) with the community in this scenario of revival.
yes, this one,
then the community can become impoverished and in a low spiritual state.
I do not feel equal to the task of making this comparison: for the revival here is God given, and for a purpose, it is an enlivening for the purpose of His choosing, and brings forth the fruit of confession and repentance in those concerned.
wasn't it the confession and rebound that brought the revival?
Perhaps this is what is desired by those who seek revival within the Church today
the Church does not need revival, is my premise here, so i am not really able to comment on this i guess
but i can say that i offered an opp for confession and it was rebuffed by the op, although let's go another route for that concept for now anyway
will cry before the Lord and seek Him, that they may be revived and equipped for His service. To the glory of His Name.
ah, there it is. Amen! :)

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Paul compares the Christian life to a race in 2 Timothy 4:7.
you say compares, i say contrasts wadr. Quite cleverly too imo
Surely, every runner gets tired sometimes and needs a fresh burst of energy to finish the race.
if they are in competition, certainly, but if you are getting tired running, then it follows that you are not running and not getting tired, 31but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

"run the race in such a way so as to win" is tantamount to
"don't be running the race i just described" imo

Galatians 5
7You were running well. Who prevented you from obeying the truth?
"You had left the Jewish race, you had left off competing, why are you competing again"
perhaps

1Christ has liberated us to be free. Stand firm then and don't submit again to a yoke of slavery.