We MUST have revival

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you say compares, i say contrasts wadr. Quite cleverly too imo
if they are in competition, certainly, but if you are getting tired running, then it follows that you are not running and not getting tired, 31but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

"run the race in such a way so as to win" is tantamount to
"don't be running the race i just described" imo

Galatians 5
7You were running well. Who prevented you from obeying the truth?
"You had left the Jewish race, you had left off competing, why are you competing again"
perhaps

1Christ has liberated us to be free. Stand firm then and don't submit again to a yoke of slavery.

I understand what you're saying, but the fact is, when I'm experiencing severe testing, I get weary. Sometimes, I've had to fight hopelessness even though, as Christians, we are never really without hope. It's in these times of weariness I've seen God's grace (His sustaining power) the most.

That verse in Isaiah is one of my favorites. It says that we who wait upon the Lord will renew our strength. This implies that our strength has been weak.

Edit: I'm also reminded of this verse:
Psalms 85:6--"Will you not revive us again so that your people may rejoice in you?"

Last edited:
Reactions: Pisteuo

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
ah, i would hesitate to deem them the remnant wadr, the remnant were left in Jerusalem? i think we have a direct Quote for that

Hello @bbyrd009,

In Ezra the company are spoken of as a remnant in Ezra 9:8, a remnant of those who had been taken into captivity in Persia.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Reactions: bbyrd009

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
man, how to put this, um ok, from a certain pov, yes, that is the story, but when we consider God's comments about houses that we build for Him--buildings, i mean, literal houses, not the faithful houses (us)--then your comments are cast in another light imo

Hi @bbyrd009,

Only if taken out of context.

With love in Christ Jesus
Chris

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I understand what you're saying, but the fact is, when I'm experiencing severe testing, I get weary. Sometimes, I've had to fight hopelessness even though, as Christians, we are never really without hope. It's in these times of weariness I've seen God's grace (His sustaining power) the most.

That verse in Isaiah is one of my favorites. It says that we who wait upon the Lord will renew our strength. This implies that our strength has been weak.

Psalms 85:6--"Will you not revive us again so that your people may rejoice in you?"
Our way to avoid weariness in our well doing is to stay ahead of the game by eating and drinking of the flesh and blood of Jesus at the start of our day and then throughout our day... not only at the moment we find ourselves in difficulty. This is where the Life is. Someone with that Life will win the battle because God does not lose battles. We do.

"To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:" Col 1:27

Reactions: Episkopos

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Psalms 85:6--"Will you not revive us again so that your people may rejoice in you?
"
'Commit thy way unto the LORD;
trust also in Him;
and He shall bring it to pass.
And He shall bring forth thy righteousness as the light,
and thy judgment as the noonday.
Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for Him:
fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way,
because of the man who bringeth wicked devices to pass.'

(Psalm 37:5-7)

Hello @Prayer Warrior,

We all grow weary at some time or another, both physically, mentally and spiritually, and need to rest, don't we? Hence the seventh day rest which God made for our health and well-being (Gen.2:2).

'And on the seventh day God ended His work which He had made;
and He rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had made.
And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it:
because that in it He had rested from all His work which God created and made.'

(Gen 2:2-3)

'For thus saith the high and lofty One that inhabiteth eternity,
whose name is Holy;
I dwell in the high and holy place,
with him also that is of a contrite and humble spirit,
to revive the spirit of the humble,
and to revive the heart of the contrite ones.'

(Isaiah 57:15)

Chris

Last edited:
Reactions: Prayer Warrior

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Prayer and repentance bring about revival.
God revives us through the Holy Spirit.
We can talk all day waiting for the next person to start something, but revival starts inside of you.
Let you be the one to start revival in your group of people.
We are moving in 10 days to Georgia to a City that has a city hall, a courthouse, a prison, and a juvenile facility with no ministries.
As evangelists, we will preach the Word of God wherever he leads us.
And we will be wasting our time unless we have revival inside of us to pass on to others.
Prayer and repentance.
It starts with each one of us.

Last edited:

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Prayer and repentance bring about revival.
God revives us through the Holy Spirit.
We can talk all day waiting for the next person to start something, but revival starts inside of you.
Let you be the one to start revival in your group of people.
We are moving in 10 tens to Georgia to a City that has a city hall, a prison, a juvenile facility with no ministries.
As evangelists, we will preach the Word of God wherever he leads us.
And we will be wasting our time unless we have revival inside of us to pass on to others.
Prayer and repentance.
It starts with each one of us.
Yeppers, Jesus said "go"....

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
After I was saved I called my favorite uncle Douglas, to tell him. He said "I know" before I could relate to him I'd been truly born again, and that outside any church walls. He had prayed for me on a daily basis for years. He had been a Christian since his youth.

Prayer moves God. More prayer moves God more.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just curious. Were there any examples of "Revivals" in the Bible?
Israel went before the Lord like a seesaw forsaking Him then returning time and time again. Each time He welcomed them back.

B

brakelite

Hezekiah started a much needed revival on the very first day of his reign. He entered the temple... Repaired the doors... Removed the rubbish, the idols, the abominations of centuries of neglect.
We are temples, many of us also neglected, and full of idols. Cleansing the sanctuary is where we need to begin of we want revival. That personal commitment on Hezekiah's part was what formed the foundation of the unity of the city behind him when Sennacherib came visiting years later.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I understand what you're saying, but the fact is, when I'm experiencing severe testing, I get weary.
i don't mean to imply that i don't, but i would suggest playing with the pov some to realize what you are...well, i'm gonna say "really experiencing" even though i don't mean to suggest you are lying, we just tend to insert the term that casts the best light on us, so to speak, and there is possibly or likely a term that would reframe the experience to give you a diff pov that would be more personally useful.

i know i'm sounding like kinda coy and dancing around the bush maybe now, but see "when I'm experiencing severe testing" could mean anything basically, from dodging a whip to having to whip someone even
i applaud the crying out to God if you are in distress, definitely, so i hope i'm not being misconstrued here

short answer, God is not testing you, right

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Hi @bbyrd009,

Only if taken out of context.

Chris
who is the arbiter of the context here though, and why do you judge that to be out of context?
* Yet in that circumstance God was merciful to this remnant by reviving them, in order to set up the house of God and prepare the desolation, and provide a wall pf protection in Judah and in Jerusalem. To beautify the Lord's house in Jerusalem.
God set all this up so He could stomp down on it again? See, what i am hearing is the human pov wadr, i don't think God needed any of that stuff; ppl just did, and assumed God did too. Bring the vv up and we can take a look if you like, but imo you are going to find it hard to justify that God did all of these things just to destroy them again

Last edited:

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i don't mean to imply that i don't, but i would suggest playing with the pov some to realize what you are...well, i'm gonna say "really experiencing" even though i don't mean to suggest you are lying, we just tend to insert the term that casts the best light on us, so to speak, and there is possibly or likely a term that would reframe the experience to give you a diff pov that would be more personally useful.

i know i'm sounding like kinda coy and dancing around the bush maybe now, but see "when I'm experiencing severe testing" could mean anything basically, from dodging a whip to having to whip someone even
i applaud the crying out to God if you are in distress, definitely, so i hope i'm not being misconstrued here

short answer, God is not testing you, right

Yes, severe testing means different things to different people, but I assure you, most Christians I've known would cringe if I told them everything my family has been through in the last 10 years or so. Then again, I look at what Christians in Communist and Muslim countries endure, and it's almost unthinkable.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
which i meant to qualify my "orgies" statement of yesterday the same way fwiw; i don't mean they were all, universally love feast orgies, but that the pov is more broadly valid than many ppl might like to contemplate. We like to ID our sequestered, safe little social clubs as "churches," and make like we are "worshipping" in them, yet at the same time they are all mostly all crying for "revival" right.

i'm sure some of my recent comments have been taken as like hideous or whatever, maybe condescending, but i have already eaten all of my children, in case i am being perceived as above all that or something?

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
which i meant to qualify my "orgies" statement of yesterday the same way fwiw; i don't mean they were all, universally love feast orgies, but that the pov is more broadly valid than many ppl might like to contemplate. We like to ID our sequestered, safe little social clubs as "churches," and make like we are "worshipping" in them, yet at the same time they are all mostly all crying for "revival" right.

i'm sure some of my recent comments have been taken as like hideous or whatever, maybe condescending, but i have already eaten all of my children, in case i am being perceived as above all that or something?
What, BByrd, you've already eaten your children???

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Just curious. Were there any examples of "Revivals" in the Bible?

Here is a fine example of revival in Israel in the last book of the Hebrew bible...leading up to the arrival of Jesus on the scene.

2 Chr.15 And the Spirit of God came upon Azariah the son of Oded:

2 And he went out to meet Asa, and said unto him, Hear ye me, Asa, and all Judah and Benjamin; The Lord is with you, while ye be with him; and if ye seek him, he will be found of you; but if ye forsake him, he will forsake you.

3 Now for a long season Israel hath been without the true God, and without a teaching priest, and without law.

4 But when they in their trouble did turn unto the Lord God of Israel, and sought him, he was found of them.

5 And in those times there was no peace to him that went out, nor to him that came in, but great vexations were upon all the inhabitants of the countries.

6 And nation was destroyed of nation, and city of city: for God did vex them with all adversity.

7 Be ye strong therefore, and let not your hands be weak: for your work shall be rewarded.

8 And when Asa heard these words, and the prophecy of Oded the prophet, he took courage, and put away the abominable idols out of all the land of Judah and Benjamin, and out of the cities which he had taken from mount Ephraim, and renewed the altar of the Lord, that was before the porch of the Lord.

9 And he gathered all Judah and Benjamin, and the strangers with them out of Ephraim and Manasseh, and out of Simeon: for they fell to him out of Israel in abundance, when they saw that the Lord his God was with him.

10 So they gathered themselves together at Jerusalem in the third month, in the fifteenth year of the reign of Asa.

11 And they offered unto the Lord the same time, of the spoil which they had brought, seven hundred oxen and seven thousand sheep.

12 And they entered into a covenant to seek the Lord God of their fathers with all their heart and with all their soul;

13 That whosoever would not seek the Lord God of Israel should be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman.

14 And they sware unto the Lord with a loud voice, and with shouting, and with trumpets, and with cornets.

15 And all Judah rejoiced at the oath: for they had sworn with all their heart, and sought him with their whole desire; and he was found of them: and the Lord gave them rest round about.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To revive simply means to bring back to life. This is the purpose of artificial respiration, isn't it... to revive a person who has lost something essential to his body of flesh, such as the oxygen needed to survive?

Before Jesus brought Life no man had had Life since before Adam and Eve ate of the forbidden tree. Everyone after that was in the eyes of God born dead. When a person is really "born again" or "born from above", he has received Life. When he needs to be revived [brought back to Life] he apparently has failed to eat properly and regularly:

"Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.
Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.
For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.
He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him." John 6:53-56

A church group that needs to be revived as I see it simply needs to help its people get on a better diet.