We Need a HEROIC President—to save our (once Christian) nation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ScaliaFan

Apr 2, 2016
Michael V Pardo said:
Perhaps, but will our police look cool in storm trooper uniforms? Well, I guess the staties in NJ look okay, so why not?
i didnt like his idea about a national... um... whatever it was as concerns the cops and this NC shooting and etc... that was scary But i think Trump actually LISTENS to experienced people.. advisors, etc. Hillary... uh... she listens to crazy (only kind there is) lefties

ScaliaFan

Apr 2, 2016
heretoeternity said:
Many followers of the pagan Roman church are sincere Christians..millions even....it is the organization that is not christian.
just b/c some are corrupt does not make the whole instittution corrupt

that makes no sense..

It's like if Ford Motor Co .. the CEO was found to be a pedophile... calling all employees @ Ford pedophiles...

not too logical esp when u consider that there are "things" in the Church no diabolical person therein could change even if he wanted to...

I will build My Church and the gates of Hell will NOT prevail against it [emphasis added] Mt 16

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ScaliaFan said:
i didnt like his idea about a national... um... whatever it was as concerns the cops and this NC shooting and etc... that was scary But i think Trump actually LISTENS to experienced people.. advisors, etc. Hillary... uh... she listens to crazy (only kind there is) lefties
That's probably why I like the Mormon, former CIA anti-terrorist operative, Evan McMullin. He's conservative and has values which we would call Judeo-Christian. Unfortunately, the last that I heard he was only on the ballot or eligible as a write in in about 36 states, though this isn't so bad for someone who only announced a little over a month ago.

tom55

Love your neighbor as yourself
Sep 9, 2013
StanJ said:
The USA has never been a Christian country. It may have had Christians but it also had non-christians and most of the early founding fathers we're actually Masonic not Christian.
http://www.wallbuilders.com/libissuesarticles.asp?id=8755

http://www.wallbuilders.com/libissuesarticles.asp?id=78

http://www.faithofourfathers.net/

I am not sure if you just flat out lied or if you are truly and ignorant person who doesn't know the history of this great country.

Maybe you just like to say controversial things that are not based on facts?

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
heretoeternity said:
Sorry but you will not find the "heroic" president you are lamenting about....the last chance was JFK, and we all know what the establishment did to him....and Oh yes he was a Roman Catholic which proves there are lots of very good people out there of the Roman Catholic faith, despite the religious system they labour under.
Obviously you didn't know very much about JFK did you?

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
heretoeternity said:
And Canada never has been and never will be a "christian" nation....thanks kettle!This is despite the fact in their Charter of Rights and freedoms, the preamble is "Canada is a country that recognizes the Supremacy of God, and the rule of law". Unfortunately they they do not follow either!
Thanks tips, but the OP wasn't about Canada, it was about the United States. I know exactly where my country's founding fathers came from. It was normal when both our countries were founded that God would be part of the mix but in both our countries there was a distinct separation of church and state despite who was or wasn't Christian. This is not about country bashing and despite your efforts, it's commonly knowing that it is much more Progressive country than yours is. Apparently in the U.S., God=Money, which is why they write 'In God We Trust' on your currency. Now try sticking to the topic.

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
Thanks tips, but the OP wasn't about Canada, it was about the United States. I know exactly where my country's founding fathers came from. It was normal when both our countries were founded that God would be part of the mix but in both our countries there was a distinct separation of church and state despite who was or wasn't Christian. This is not about country bashing and despite your efforts, it's commonly knowing that it is much more Progressive country than yours is. Apparently in the U.S., God=Money, which is why they write 'In God We Trust' on your currency. Now try sticking to the topic.
Okay so you haven't read your own charter of rights and freedoms or constitution act of 1980...typical US basher. You should do your own homework first maybe eh?

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
heretoeternity said:
Okay so you haven't read your own charter of rights and freedoms or constitution act of 1980...typical US basher. You should do your own homework first maybe eh?
Again this OP is not about Canada. Maybe you should learn to actually read with comprehension?

tom55

Love your neighbor as yourself
Sep 9, 2013
StanJ said:
Once again either a flat out lie by StanJ or he is ignorant of history. The motto IN GOD WE TRUST was placed on our coins largely because of the increased religious sentiment existing during the Civil War. Secretary of the Treasury Chase received many letters from devout persons throughout the country urging that the United States recognize the Deity on United States coins. Secretary Chase wrote a letter to Pollock, Director of the Mint at Philadelphia, to prepare a motto. In that letter he said:
Dear Sir: No nation can be strong except in the strength of God, or safe except in His defense. The trust of our people in God should be declared on our national coins.
Furthermore there is NO separation of Church and State in our country. But that is another history lesson that should be given on another day!! :)

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
StanJ said:
How about JFK relying on mob connections to get elected and stepping out on his wife with more than a few women?
You buy into the gossip after he has been killed by the establishment? Your attitude is too typical of self righteous, self professed "christians" who love to repeat all the gossip which has been told to them, anything to denigrate a person after they are dead..that is very cowardly, but typical.

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
heretoeternity said:
You buy into the gossip after he has been killed by the establishment? Your attitude is too typical of self righteous, self professed "christians" who love to repeat all the gossip which has been told to them, anything to denigrate a person after they are dead..that is very cowardly, but typical.
He actually was accidentally killed by one of his own secret service men, but of course you would rather take the paranoid way out and look for conspiracies. If you can't stand the heat then stop looking for confrontation while making your stupid comments.

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
StanJ said:
He actually was accidentally killed by one of his own secret service men, but of course you would rather take the paranoid way out and look for conspiracies. If you can't stand the heat then stop looking for confrontation while making your stupid comments.
Is that a fact hey? Well this is a new one. They "accidentally" killed him? Was this "accident" ever investigated by the Warren commission to be a fact, or any other 'investigation'? Or are they still officially going with the magic bullet from "I'm just a patsy" Lee Harvey Oswald?