We only gave one job.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

IBeMe

Jun 17, 2013
We only have one job. (typo in title)

GAL:5:25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

Not our spirit.

2CO:7:1 Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.

Sell out.

MAT:13:46 Who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had, and bought it.

Then;

GAL:5:16 [This] I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

Then, and only then;

MAT:11:30 For my yoke [is] easy, and my burden is light.

GAL:5:5 For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
we are called to love outwardly.

IBeMe

Jun 17, 2013
If you're walking in the Spirit, you'll be reading, praying, bearing fruit and doing everything you're supposed to do.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
only if it is an expression of love

IBeMe

Jun 17, 2013
Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
fear means awe or reverence - it does not mean fear of wrath. it is impossible to fear and love at the same time. Jesus tells us not to worry and the NT rightly tells us that love drives out all fear.

Robertson

Jun 11, 2013
The new reality Jesus proclaimed was nonviolent. That much is clear, not just from the Sermon on the Mount, but his entire life and teaching and, above all, the way he faced his death. His was not merely a tactical or pragmatic nonviolence seized upon because nothing else would have worked against the Roman empire's near monopoly on violence. Rather, he saw nonviolence as a direct corollary of the nature of God and of the new reality emerging in the world from God. In a verse quoted more than any other from the New Testament during the church's first four centuries, Jesus taught that God loves everyone, and values all, even those who make themselves God's enemies. We are therefore to do likewise (Matt. 5:45; cf. Luke 6:35). The Reign of God, the peaceable Kingdom, is (despite the monarchical terms) an order in which the inequity, violence, and male supremacy characteristic of dominator societies are superseded. Thus nonviolence is not just a means to the Kingdom of God; it is a quality of the Kingdom itself. - Walter Wink

Not sure who Walter Wink is, but he missed the part where Jesus said, "Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword." (Matthew 10:34)

IBeMe

Jun 17, 2013
aspen2: fear means awe or reverence

Now, let's see how Jesus defines "fear"

MAT:10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

aspen2: it is impossible to fear and love at the same time

You just made that up.

aspen2: "male supremacy characteristic of dominator societies are superseded"

What is this, the gay gospel?

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
seriously?

is that the question you woyld ask Jesus when He tells us to love God and our nieghbor?

Loving everyone is the sword that cuts across dualism and pride and cultural norms. and there is nothing wimpy about loving others - it can be quite difficult.

IBeMe

Jun 17, 2013
aspen2: "male supremacy characteristic of dominator societies are superseded ... Walter Wink"

IBeMe (me): "What is this, the gay gospel?"

aspen2: "is that the question you woyld ask Jesus ..."

I didn't ask Jesus, but I did ask google.
It is the gay gospel.