We really CAN'T answer some of these

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hisman

Mar 31, 2019
westen
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Thank you for listening and most importantly, thank God for giving us the opportunity to share, learn and profit spiritually.

And I am one who wished that you shared a bit more. :)

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
At the end of the day it seems that for you this is a matter of soteriology, rather than theology.

"Man cannot choose God, because man is dead." And therefore, since man is unable to choose, God will choose for man. For some God chooses righteousness and eternal life, and for others God chooses unrighteousness and eternal death.

So then all good, and all evil, find their direct source in God. Even to the point that God commands - His decretive will - for men to commit sins, even the most grievous.

Is that an accurate restatement of your view?

We can look at the wording of these verses, your assertions, but lets just look at this one for the moment, I think it will show what we'll find throughout.

Jesus knew Judas would betray Him. Was it before Judas new? God knew from eternity. When did the Holy Spirit reveal this to Jesus? I don't know. When was Judas firm in his decision? I don't know. Let's say you are right, and Jesus knew before Judas knew.

Knowing what someone is going to do, causing them to do it, and even wanting them to do it are all different things.

Jesus knew Judas would betray Him. But that doesn't mean that Jesus decided for Judas. And to assume that Jesus did would go against Who He is, our Righteous and Holy God, Who desires us to be righteous and holy like He is.

If Holiness it to command sin, and we are to be holy as He is holy, then we are to command sin?

How does a Holy God command sin? That is to me a contradiction of terms.

Much love!
Mark
Hi Mark,

Theology and soteriology are intricately intertwined in the vicinity where we are discussing. Soteriology addresses God's power. God chooses who will be saved for Lord Jesus says to His own:

"you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16)

Before Judas was born, God knew for God had the betrayal prophesied in Zechariah:

I said to them, "If it is good in your sight, give [me] my wages; but if not, never mind!" So they weighed out thirty [shekels] of silver as my wages. Then YHVH said to me, "Throw it to the potter, [that] magnificent price at which I was valued by them." So I took the thirty [shekels] of silver and threw them to the potter in the house of YHVH.
(Zechariah 11:12-13)

That's an ancient, specific prophesy about certain actions by Judas during his betrayal of Jesus. Here is some of the Apostle Matthew's record of the betrayal by Judas events:

and said, "What are you willing to give me to betray Him to you?" And they weighed out thirty pieces of silver to him. (Matthew 26:15)

5 And he threw the pieces of silver into the temple sanctuary and departed; and he went away and hanged himself.
6 The chief priests took the pieces of silver and said, "It is not lawful to put them into the temple treasury, since it is the price of blood."
7 And they conferred together and with the money bought the Potter's Field as a burial place for strangers.
8 For this reason that field has been called the Field of Blood to this day.
(Matthew 27:5-8)

Jesus is God; therefore, Jesus knew before Judas knew, and in John 6:46 we see that Jesus knew from the beginning who would betray him.

Here are a couple of more scriptures that shed Light on the discussion at hand:

"I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I YHVH do all these things" (Isaiah 45:7).

"YHVH has made everything for its own purpose, Even the wicked for the day of evil" (Proverbs 16:4).

You assume that Judas made a decision without quoting any Scripture to support such a decision by Judas.

We find Jesus saying "what you do, do quickly" (John 13:27) to Judas, and those are very strong words.

Sin has no part in God. God is Holy. All this being written, God does not sin. Men sin.

You have a whole lot of questions that are leading in nature, but no scripture quoted in your post. It appears you have great difficulty with the words spoke by Peter, John, and the Way companions as recorded in Scripture:

For truly in this city there were gathered together against Your holy servant Jesus, whom You anointed, both Herod and Pontius Pilate, along with the Gentiles and the peoples of Israel, to do whatever Your hand and Your purpose predestined to occur. (Acts 4:27-28)

These are words of prayer and praise unto the Living God. "Your hand", in Acts 4:28 refers to God's Hand, engaged "Pontius Pilate". All of this recorded as "pre" "destination" further signifying the power of God involved.

Peace to you,
Kermos

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Mark,

Theology and soteriology are intricately intertwined in the vicinity where we are discussing. Soteriology addresses God's power. God chooses who will be saved for Lord Jesus says to His own:

"you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16)

Before Judas was born, God knew for God had the betrayal prophesied in Zechariah:

I said to them, "If it is good in your sight, give [me] my wages; but if not, never mind!" So they weighed out thirty [shekels] of silver as my wages. Then YHVH said to me, "Throw it to the potter, [that] magnificent price at which I was valued by them." So I took the thirty [shekels] of silver and threw them to the potter in the house of YHVH.
(Zechariah 11:12-13)

That's an ancient, specific prophesy about certain actions by Judas during his betrayal of Jesus. Here is some of the Apostle Matthew's record of the betrayal by Judas events:

and said, "What are you willing to give me to betray Him to you?" And they weighed out thirty pieces of silver to him. (Matthew 26:15)

5 And he threw the pieces of silver into the temple sanctuary and departed; and he went away and hanged himself.
6 The chief priests took the pieces of silver and said, "It is not lawful to put them into the temple treasury, since it is the price of blood."
7 And they conferred together and with the money bought the Potter's Field as a burial place for strangers.
8 For this reason that field has been called the Field of Blood to this day.
(Matthew 27:5-8)

Jesus is God; therefore, Jesus knew before Judas knew, and in John 6:46 we see that Jesus knew from the beginning who would betray him.

Here are a couple of more scriptures that shed Light on the discussion at hand:

"I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I YHVH do all these things" (Isaiah 45:7).

"YHVH has made everything for its own purpose, Even the wicked for the day of evil" (Proverbs 16:4).

You assume that Judas made a decision without quoting any Scripture to support such a decision by Judas.

We find Jesus saying "what you do, do quickly" (John 13:27) to Judas, and those are very strong words.

Sin has no part in God. God is Holy. All this being written, God does not sin. Men sin.

You have a whole lot of questions that are leading in nature, but no scripture quoted in your post. It appears you have great difficulty with the words spoke by Peter, John, and the Way companions as recorded in Scripture:

For truly in this city there were gathered together against Your holy servant Jesus, whom You anointed, both Herod and Pontius Pilate, along with the Gentiles and the peoples of Israel, to do whatever Your hand and Your purpose predestined to occur. (Acts 4:27-28)

These are words of prayer and praise unto the Living God. "Your hand", in Acts 4:28 refers to God's Hand, engaged "Pontius Pilate". All of this recorded as "pre" "destination" further signifying the power of God involved.

Peace to you,
Kermos

Hi Kermos,

I'd reply that I don't have a problem with these Scriptures, and that God knowing in advance what people would do, and using that information to bring about what He wants to do, is a different thing than causing people to sin.

However, you do seem to have a difficulty answering my questions. Call them leading if you will . . . characterize them however you will, just the same, I notice they remain unanswered.

But I'm used to that sort of thing. As another poster put it, I "ask hard questions".

Much love!
Mark

icxn

Oct 6, 2018
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And I am one who wished that you shared a bit more. :)
When you lead your spiritual sheep, I mean the thoughts of your heart concerning what is true and good, out in the fields of scripture to be pastured, make sure you always have your dog* (watchfulness) accompany you. Let her spray or rather pray her territory all around the field of your heart so that the wolves of falsehood, or any spiritual predator for that matter, are kept at a distance. Beware of the lion of anger and the bear of evil desire. Pray that the Lord gives you the meekness and humility of David, for these virtues have the power to save your sheep from these beasts and also from Goliath (1 Samuel 17:33-35). When you kill the lion of anger (Judges 14:5-6) with meekness, the bees of wisdom will come and make their abode in the mouth of your soul (understanding of your mind) and fill it with the honey of spiritual knowledge (Judges 14:8). This, David also confirms in one of his psalms: “The meek will he guide in judgment: and the meek will he teach his way.” (Psalms 25:9). Following in His ways and plucking the strings (thoughts, desires, intentions, actions…) of your harp (soul) in harmony, you will be able to pacify the Saul (will) of the flesh (1 Samuel 16:23), herd (control) its evil thoughts as if goats, and glorify God that made everything with such great wisdom!

:)
_________
* Your avatar was the inspiration of the above.

Last edited:

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Soteriology addresses God's power.
No, Soteriology is about God's grace, NOT His power.

Soteriology is the study of the doctrine of salvation. Soteriology discusses how Christ's death secures the salvation of those who believe. It helps us to understand the doctrines of redemption, justification, sanctification, propitiation, and the substitutionary atonement.
What is Soteriology?

No wonder you are so confused about God's plan of salvation. It is all about grace, hence the Gospel of Grace.

Reactions: brakelite

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Imo I would keep doing all or any of those for now, and do what Jesus said literally. And then those will disappear anyway I guess.

fwiw I see a big parallel in people's health complaints, I get them after doctors and other therapies have failed, usually, usually pre-diabetic, etc, long lists of symptoms and complaints, lots of numbers about themselves that they have become intimate with, a1c whatever that is, cholesterol numbers that are completely meaningless except to them or some phd--and I mean they are into it, you can tell--but when I ask them what their chief source of plant based omega 3 is I usually get a blank stare. Within the last five years I have just started to get some on fish oil, which btw is crap

Mark, what would your chief source of plant based omega 3 be? I wished I liked salmon but, I don't :( I do like tuna but, won't have it everyday. I suppose I could snack on flax seeds all day hahaha. It seems, other than suppliments in pill form most omega 3's come from fish...I do like seafood but, not much listed there...although I do not mind sardines but then, I would have to have a nice crusty fresh chunk of WHITE Italian bread with it :rolleyes:
The HA1C blood test shows how your glucose has spiked over a three month period so...ALL DIABETICS< YOU CANT CHEAT, lol, the doc will know!
BTW-on a brighter note, my doctor changed my diagnosis from type 2 Diabetic to hyperglycemia. :) She took me off the Metformin almost a year ago! YAY!

Reactions: bbyrd009
B

brakelite

She took me off the Metformin almost a year ago! YAY!
My wife absolutely refuses to use metformin. She'd rather put up with the HBP than have to tolerate some new symptom as a result of a radical concentrate of pharma.

Reactions: Nancy

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Mark, what would your chief source of plant based omega 3 be? I wished I liked salmon but, I don't :( I do like tuna but, won't have it everyday. I suppose I could snack on flax seeds all day hahaha. It seems, other than suppliments in pill form most omega 3's come from fish...I do like seafood but, not much listed there...although I do not mind sardines but then, I would have to have a nice crusty fresh chunk of WHITE Italian bread with it :rolleyes:
The HA1C blood test shows how your glucose has spiked over a three month period so...ALL DIABETICS< YOU CANT CHEAT, lol, the doc will know!
BTW-on a brighter note, my doctor changed my diagnosis from type 2 Diabetic to hyperglycemia. :) She took me off the Metformin almost a year ago! YAY!
ya, we are being progged to equate O3 with fish bc there is more profit in that model, not bc there are not plenty of veg sources available. So, mine are Homestat Farms steel cut oats, with etc,
Organic_Steel_Cut_Cereal_Box_copy_grande.jpg

be careful with it at first, eat one serving only, which will not fill you up (or you won't be sleeping that night), after the recall the box size got cut in half and the price doubled though, yikes,
Dave's Killer Bread, Good Seed,

1 slice = 1 dose, and any Seeds of Change w/quinoa, I just grabbed one here,
Seeds-of-Change-Organic-Quinoa-Brown-And-Red-Rice-with-Flaxseed-MICROWAVE-POUCH-748404420184.jpg

Half a bag = one dose, click reply to see a picture. Imo eat as many doses in a day as you can stand at first, expect an adjustment period, getting your doses in by noon or thereabouts helps a little, expect some heart palps, and research interactions with any blood thinners you might be taking (= toss them in the trash, you won't be needing them any more, do not do both)

other brands are coming online now, for many mouths I would buy the oatmeal ingredients in bulk and mix my own, but we're talking like 4 or 5 fifty pound bags there. Reduces cost by more than half though

Last edited:

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ya, we are being progged to equate O3 with fish bc there is more profit in that model, not bc there are not plenty of veg sources available. So, mine are Homestat Farms steel cut oats, with etc,
Organic_Steel_Cut_Cereal_Box_copy_grande.jpg

be careful with it at first, eat one serving only, which will not fill you up (or you won't be sleeping that night), Dave's Killer Bread, Good Seed,

1 slice = 1 dose, and any Seeds of Change w/quinoa, I just grabbed one here,
Seeds-of-Change-Organic-Quinoa-Brown-And-Red-Rice-with-Flaxseed-MICROWAVE-POUCH-748404420184.jpg

Half a bag = one dose, click reply to see a picture. Imo eat as many doses in a day as you can stand at first, expect an adjustment period, getting your doses in by noon or thereabouts helps a little, expect some heart palps, and research interactions with any blood thinners you might be taking (= toss them in the trash, you won't be needing them any more, do not do both)

other brands are coming online now, for many mouths I would buy the oatmeal ingredients in bulk and mix my own, but we're talking like 4 or 5 fifty pound bags there. Reduces cost by more than half though

Steel cut oats, I do have a few times a week but, I would have to purt in the Chia, flax and rye seed in it...we have everything in bulk here, lol. The rice...I try to stay away from carbs, bad carbs that is.
I use Ezekiel Bread:
EZEKIEL 4:9
Ezekiel49.png

BREAD. AND BETTER!™
Ezekiel 4:9 products are crafted in the likeness of the Holy Scripture verse Ezekiel 4:9 to ensure unrivaled honest nutrition and pure, delicious flavors.

"Take also unto thee wheat, and barley, and beans, and lentils and millet, and spelt and put them in one vessel…" Ezekiel 4:9

It’s this special, unique combination of 6 grains and legumes that harvests benefits beyond what we normally expect from our breads, pastas, cereals, and other foods.

• Source of Complete Protein - Rated 84.3% as efficient as the highest source of protein (comparable to that of milk or eggs)
  • Contains 18 Amino Acids - Including all 9 essential amino acids
  • Increased Digestibility - Sprouting breaks down
    starches in grains into simple sugars so your body can digest them easily.
  • Increased Absorption of Minerals – Sprouting breaks down enzyme inhibitors, so your body can more easily absorb calcium, magnesium, iron, copper and zinc.
  • Increased Vitamin C - Sprouting produces vitamin C.
  • Increased Vitamin B - Sprouting increases the vitamin B2, B5 & B6.
  • Great source of Fiber - Combining sprouted grains and legumes gives a good amount of natural fiber in each serving.
And as is true with all our Food for Life Sprouted Grain Products, we only use the very best ingredients and baking methods to ensure you truly get the very most out of your food.

• We use only freshly sprouted certified organic grains.
  • Our products are kosher.
  • We use absolutely no flour. Studies have shown that grinding grains into flour increases the surface area upon which enzymes in the body can work to more quickly convert starch into glucose.
  • We don’t use any genetically modified organisms (GMO’s)
  • We don’t use refined sugars. When sugar is refined and processed there are many harmful ingredients that are added to the sugar as a result. Instead, we use malted barley, a natural sweetener produced from sprouted barley, which is basically a carbohydrate comprised mostly of complex carbohydrates rather than the "sugar" carbohydrates.
  • We don’t use anything artificial – no preservatives or shortenings.
  • We use a unique slow-bake process to preserve the natural fiber and bran benefits of grains.
Our Ezekiel 4:9 Organic Sprouted Whole Grain Offerings

See What Others Are Saying About Ezekiel 4:9 Sprouted Grain Bread

Reactions: bbyrd009 and Dave L

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Steel cut oats, I do have a few times a week but, I would have to purt in the Chia, flax and rye seed in it...we have everything in bulk here, lol. The rice...I try to stay away from carbs, bad carbs that is.
I use Ezekiel Bread:
Ezekiel49.png

BREAD. AND BETTER!™
Ezekiel 4:9 products are crafted in the likeness of the Holy Scripture verse Ezekiel 4:9 to ensure unrivaled honest nutrition and pure, delicious flavors.

"Take also unto thee wheat, and barley, and beans, and lentils and millet, and spelt and put them in one vessel…" Ezekiel 4:9

It’s this special, unique combination of 6 grains and legumes that harvests benefits beyond what we normally expect from our breads, pastas, cereals, and other foods.

• Source of Complete Protein - Rated 84.3% as efficient as the highest source of protein (comparable to that of milk or eggs)
  • Increased Absorption of Minerals – Sprouting breaks down enzyme inhibitors, so your body can more easily absorb calcium, magnesium, iron, copper and zinc.
  • Great source of Fiber - Combining sprouted grains and legumes gives a good amount of natural fiber in each serving.
And as is true with all our Food for Life Sprouted Grain Products, we only use the very best ingredients and baking methods to ensure you truly get the very most out of your food.

• We use absolutely no flour. Studies have shown that grinding grains into flour increases the surface area upon which enzymes in the body can work to more quickly convert starch into glucose.
  • We don’t use refined sugars. When sugar is refined and processed there are many harmful ingredients that are added to the sugar as a result. Instead, we use malted barley, a natural sweetener produced from sprouted barley, which is basically a carbohydrate comprised mostly of complex carbohydrates rather than the "sugar" carbohydrates.
  • We use a unique slow-bake process to preserve the natural fiber and bran benefits of grains.

good stuff if you can adjust to it, dunno what the O3 numbers are for that though. Above are basically the cheapest sources of Omega 3 I know of, all other considerations aside. My organic bulk source is deteriorating, would appreciate any leads there. I think that rice is whole grain? Not sure though

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My wife absolutely refuses to use metformin. She'd rather put up with the HBP than have to tolerate some new symptom as a result of a radical concentrate of pharma.

Well, the Metformin is for diabetes, not blood pressure. Although, all pharma is evil in my eyes. It is too bad that people have used up so many soil nutrients as to render the health benefits of many foods useless. :(

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I use Ezekiel Bread:
Ezekiel49.png

BREAD. AND BETTER!™

Dunno about the unfermented soy in there, I would def be seeing if the ratio implied is the ratio realized ok. Soy = bad, even fermented soy should be in moderation imo, two three times a week max, some miso or whatever.

All those cheap candles we can get now? All soy, bad idea ladies ok

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
good stuff if you can adjust to it, dunno what the O3 numbers are for that though. Above are basically the cheapest sources of Omega 3 I know of, all other considerations aside. My organic bulk source is deteriorating, would appreciate any leads there. I think that rice is whole grain? Not sure though

I'm pretty sure white rice is not a whole grain and is refined. Unfortunatly, I love Jasmine rice BUT...will not keep it in my house because, I will eat more than the portion size :oops:

Why is Ezekiel 4:9 bread different from other delicious, healthier breads? It’s loaded with omega 3 and omega 6 essential fatty acids and an excellent complete protein. Photo by Elvira Kalviste | THE NIBBLE.

What Is Ezekiel Bread

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dunno about the unfermented soy in there, I would def be seeing if the ratio implied is the ratio realized ok. Soy = bad, even fermented soy should be in moderation imo, two three times a week max, some miso or whatever.

All those cheap candles we can get now? All soy, bad idea ladies ok

Yes, soy is bad. There are many other flax type breads out there too so, I dunno if there is anything perfect, lol. I once bought a bag of roasted flax seed and it was very tasty. I wonder if the process of roasting them might have taken away some nutrients?

B

brakelite

Well, the Metformin is for diabetes, not blood pressure. Although, all pharma is evil in my eyes. It is too bad that people have used up so many soil nutrients as to render the health benefits of many foods useless. :(
I stand corrected, you are right. We check her blood sugar levels regularly at home...seems to be coping well enough through diet rather than drugs. Agree with you about pharma. Designed to maintain illness, not cure.

Reactions: Dave L and Nancy

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I'm pretty sure white rice is not a whole grain and is refined. Unfortunatly, I love Jasmine rice BUT...will not keep it in my house because, I will eat more than the portion size :oops:

Why is Ezekiel 4:9 bread different from other delicious, healthier breads? It’s loaded with omega 3 and omega 6 essential fatty acids and an excellent complete protein. Photo by Elvira Kalviste | THE NIBBLE.

What Is Ezekiel Bread
ok, so maybe not whole grain rice in all of their envelopes, but they do have several varieties. I think E bread is great, sans soy anyway, we make E bread sometimes too, also Amish and sourdough, I was just thinking O3 only

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I stand corrected, you are right. We check her blood sugar levels regularly at home...seems to be coping well enough through diet rather than drugs. Agree with you about pharma. Designed to maintain illness, not cure.

I would not at all doubt they create illnesses so they can peddle their Pharmacaia to CURE the diseases they create! Nothing would surprise me in this wicked world. I am glad to hear your wife is able to keep her glucose in check with her diet! I am living proof :) As is your wife ♥

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ok, so maybe not whole grain rice in all of their envelopes, but they do have several varieties. I think E bread is great, sans soy anyway, we make E bread sometimes too, also Amish and sourdough, I was just thinking O3 only

I should start baking my own bread...do you have a recipe you could share Mark?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Yes, soy is bad. There are many other flax type breads out there too so, I dunno if there is anything perfect, lol. I once bought a bag of roasted flax seed and it was very tasty. I wonder if the process of roasting them might have taken away some nutrients?
I guess one can even overdo flax? Forget what the complaint is there. Kale can easily be overdone too I guess. O3 is easily destroyed by heat I guess, ya, I mostly go with how I react to the dose myself. Imo until you get used to it at least, you should basically feel like you are on speed

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess one can even overdo flax? Forget what the complaint is there. Kale can easily be overdone too I guess. O3 is easily destroyed by heat I guess, ya, I mostly go with how I react to the dose myself. Imo until you get used to it at least, you should basically feel like you are on speed

Oh gosh, the last thing this gal needs is more energy she can't expend properly!!! :eek: Lol...yes, I am slow at nothing and, it gets me into trouble allot :rolleyes:
Do they have omega 3's in a liquid form? Or, do they all use fish oil?