We told him to stop

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do you reconcile the passages below with what you said above ?

Can you see the contradiction ?

Peter declared this decades after Jesus Ascension below :

1 Peter 5:8
Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour

And James says this :

James 4:7
Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

Why resist something that doesn’t exist. ?

This proves your view on satan is false .

hope this helps !!!

This is also what the John stated about the defeat of the devil.

“When the thousand years come to an end, Satan will be let out of his prison. He will go out to deceive the nations—called Gog and Magog—in every corner of the earth. He will gather them together for battle—a mighty army, as numberless as sand along the seashore. And I saw them as they went up on the broad plain of the earth and surrounded God’s people and the beloved city. But fire from heaven came down on the attacking armies and consumed them. Then the devil, who had deceived them, was thrown into the fiery lake of burning sulfur, joining the beast and the false prophet. There they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭20:7-10‬ ‭NLT‬‬

“And I saw a great white throne and the one sitting on it. The earth and sky fled from his presence, but they found no place to hide. I saw the dead, both great and small, standing before God’s throne. And the books were opened, including the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to what they had done, as recorded in the books. The sea gave up its dead, and death and the grave gave up their dead. And all were judged according to their deeds. Then death and the grave were thrown into the lake of fire. This lake of fire is the second death. And anyone whose name was not found recorded in the Book of Life was thrown into the lake of fire.”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭20:11-15‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Whatever ever you believe is up to you, normally a lot of people find the devil interesting, and things like that and still believe he on the loose.

I personally don’t anymore he was around but not anymore since his defeat.

Sometimes people can be an Adversary. That is not to call them a demon or a devil. Our own selves can be our own Adversary when our bodies lust for something and our soul is tempted.

The scripture posted in Revelation 20:1-15 solves the case of the defeated devil for me, as John wrote an revelation of Jesus Christ about things that were shortly to come about and happen.

Some believe John, some do not.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sometimes people can be an Adversary. That is not to call them a demon or a devil. Our own selves can be our own Adversary when our bodies lust for something and our soul is tempted.

The scripture posted in Revelation 20:1-15 solves the case of the defeated devil for me, as John wrote an revelation of Jesus Christ about things that were shortly to come about and happen.

Some believe John, some do not.
satan is not human so your argument fails. he is a fallen angel who prowls around like a roaring lion seeking those to devour.

Reactions: Michiah-Imla

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Devil can also mean the word Adversary sir.

Human beings in war can be each other’s Adversaries.

Anyway I’ve concluded what was needed.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Devil can also mean the word Adversary sir.

Anyway I’ve concluded what was needed.
sorry he is a fallen angel whom Jesus said that He saw fall from heaven and he is by default the adversary of God.

next

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some say it has though, some say it hasn’t.

I believe it has you believe it has not.

What can we do in differences but love one another.

DavidB

Feb 22, 2022
Denver
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

“When the thousand years come to an end, Satan will be let out of his prison. He will go out to deceive the nations—called Gog and Magog—in every corner of the earth. He will gather them together for battle—a mighty army, as numberless as sand along the seashore. And I saw them as they went up on the broad plain of the earth and surrounded God’s people and the beloved city. But fire from heaven came down on the attacking armies and consumed them. Then the devil, who had deceived them, was thrown into the fiery lake of burning sulfur, joining the beast and the false prophet. There they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.”

“And I saw a great white throne and the one sitting on it. The earth and sky fled from his presence, but they found no place to hide. I saw the dead, both great and small, standing before God’s throne. And the books were opened, including the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to what they had done, as recorded in the books. The sea gave up its dead, and death and the grave gave up their dead. And all were judged according to their deeds. Then death and the grave were thrown into the lake of fire. This lake of fire is the second death. And anyone whose name was not found recorded in the Book of Life was thrown into the lake of fire.”

Whatever ever you believe is up to you, normally a lot of people find the devil interesting, and things like that and still believe he on the loose.

Why do you think Revelation 20 has already been fulfilled?

Reactions: Michiah-Imla

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Man, it is amazing how people can do easily belittle others and not even realize what they are doing just because of difference of understandings.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks always for your post Chris.
I don't think you actually mean that or believe what you just said. You are not thankful for me showing you how your beliefs do not line up with scripture or you would renounce them.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just have faith that was John written to the seven churches came through, you can see that the old established heaven and earth the Jewish people knew as their world come to be destroyed in 70Ad, and I believe the bride of Christ was came and taken, but a remnant remained, and the Garden of Eden was established like John states in reminding the audience what was noted in the first chapter, that these things were going to quickly come to pass.

If they didn’t and John wrote in 95ad why doesn’t he mention the destruction of Jerusalem?

@DavidB

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s a difference of rejecting or accepting what is written in the holy scriptures.

That’s serious sir.

Then why don’t you believe it already happened then? Because God allows you the freedom to think and believe the way you will. I use to believe Jesus was coming back but not anymore, he already lives in me by his spirit, one day though I will die and go on and my hope is to be able to Join with God in the heavenly Jerusalem.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just so everyone know I do believe Jesus came back just how he had left when Acts started.

Everyone is free to believe what they will,

I believe revelation was true and those 7 churches were all literally wrote too, and were warned about everything John reveals to them by revelation of Christ.

I don’t care if anyone believes me about it or not, I’m just expressing what I believe has already been done and has happened based on what John concluded. Not my own opinions.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then why don’t you believe it already happened then?

Because none of this has happened yet:

Revelation 13:4
Revelation 14:14
Revelation 15:2
Revelation 16:1
Revelation 19:19

I use to believe Jesus was coming back but not anymore

You sound like these mentioned here:

“Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.” (2 Peter 3:4)

But:

“The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.” (2 Peter 3:9)

Christ is coming back indeed and you need to get out of whatever got you saying contradictory things against scripture.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is okay, and @Michiah-Imla, you can believe whatever you choose to believe, just because you do not believe it has happened doesn't stop us from our Christ-like duties to allow each other the freedom to think and believe how one will, if we cannot love one another then that is a problem.

Hope you understand sir, thank you for sharing.

DavidB

Feb 22, 2022
Denver
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Man, it is amazing how people can do easily belittle others and not even realize what they are doing just because of difference of understandings.
When do you think the 1,000 year reign began and ended? Do you think that death and the grave have been done away with? When did the war of Armageddon happen? When did we see the fulfillment of Revelation 21:1-4?

As to “shortly” remember 1 day to God is 1,000 years. It’s been less than 2 days since John recorded Revelation.

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Great questions, DavidB.

I believe the 1,000 years are not a literal thousand years.

The rest of your questions I can not answer, save the heaven and earth statement.

Back in the day of the Jews, God made a statement found in Leviticus 26:14-22, you can see that they had a heavens as iron, and earth as brass.

This is how I see it, because of them having rejected the Messiah, their heavens and earth that they understood and knew was going to be destroyed. Destroyed how? By having their city burnt down to the ground when Jesus had returned with reward and judgement in that day in age (70AD).

I could be wrong, and no one should believe me anyway, hopefully one day if I take on the course to get all these things discovered fully (which I am listening to a lesson on Revelation 1:13-20, and have so much more to go through which is offered at www.cult.love, it cost nearly 50$ but is a 96 hour teachings verse by verse.

So, @DavidB, I believe that the new Heaven and New earth was the establishment of the new Covenant completely doing away with the Old Covenant that was made with the Nation of Israel in there day.

Because of this everything is spiritual, and material religion is completely done away with.

Last edited:

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa

Guess that silenced your opponents.
J.