We told him to stop

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sure, but what do they mean is the question.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Our American understanding isn't going to cover it. (Or wherever you live).

Hebrew understanding will though.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Devil can also mean the word Adversary sir.

Human beings in war can be each other’s Adversaries.

Anyway I’ve concluded what was needed.
You are correct Matthew, humans can be diabolos

Psa_22:13 They gaped upon me with their mouths, as a ravening and a roaring lion.

Pro_28:15 As a roaring lion, and a ranging bear; so is a wicked ruler over the poor people.

Eze_22:25 There is a conspiracy of her prophets in the midst thereof, like a roaring lion ravening the prey; they have devoured souls; they have taken the treasure and precious things; they have made her many widows in the midst thereof.

1Pe_5:8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

Be sober (νήψατε)
See on 1Pe_4:7.
Be vigilant (γρηγορήσατε)
Rev., be watchful. See on Mar_13:35; and 1Th_5:6, where both verbs occur: watch and be sober. A reminiscence of the scene in Gethsemane: Could ye not watch with me? (Mat_26:40, Mat_26:41).
Adversary (ὁ αντίδικος)
The article points to a well-known adversary. From ἀντί, against, and δίκη, a lawsuit. Strictly, an adversary in a lawsuit. Here an adversary in general. Compare Zec_3:1-5. Only here, in New Testament, of Satan.
The devil
See on Mat_4:1.
Roaring (ὠρυόμενος)
Only here in New Testament. The word conveys somewhat of the sense by the sound (oruomenos). It denotes especially the howl of a beast in fierce hunger.
Lion
Augustine says, “Christ is called 'a lion' (Rev_5:5) because of his courage: the devil, because of his ferocity. The one lion comes to conquer, the other to hurt.”

Seven Hebrew words are used for this animal; six to describe his movements and four to describe his roar. He is mentioned in the Bible about one hundred and thirty times. In Job_4:10, Job_4:11, five different words are used for him. In Jdg_14:5; Psalms 21:13; 103:21 (Sept.), the same word as here is used for the roaring of the lion as a translation of the Hebrew word for the thunder in Job_37:4.
Walketh about (περιπατεῖ)
Compare Job_1:7; Job_2:2. This word gave name to that sect of Greek philosophers known as Peripatetics, because they walked about while teaching or disputing. “St. Peter calls Satan the Peripatetic” (Cox, on Job). The Arabs call him the Busy One. It was to Peter that Christ said, “Satan hath desired to have you,” etc. (Luk_22:31).
Devour (καταπιῃ)
Lit., swallow down. See on Mat_23:24.
Vincent

Notice the tense Matthew

Part of Speech: Verb
Tense: Present <<
Voice: Active <<
Mood: Indicative
Person: third [he/she/it]
Number: Singular

...and he is doing it dia human beings.
Ignore the snide sarcasm from most.
J.

J

Reactions: MatthewG

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Our American understanding isn't going to cover it. (Or wherever you live).

Hebrew understanding will though.

You need to understand the customs and cultures of our Jewish brethren and sisters and there are excellent Jewish resources you can use Matthew.
I have watched most of your video clips and know that your heart is genuine and sincere.
J.

Reactions: MatthewG

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And sincerity and truth are not the same thing . Don’t conflate them . Many are sincerely wrong as Jesus taught . Many who have called Him Lord Lord Jesus will say depart from Me I never knew you .

hope this helps !!!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Never hope in your own righteousness to be made right with God.

That is what that scripture means brother Christophany.

Reactions: Johann

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Never hope in your own righteousness to be made right with God.

That is what that scripture means brother Christophany.
Why does the Bible have so many warnings against false teachers ?

How do you know if a teacher is not a false one ?

What is your criteria ?

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa

What is your criteria ?
Same question to you, you may quote scriptures, how do you know you are not a false teacher? What is your criteria?
12 hours in a day, what are you doing?
J.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Same question to you, you may quote scriptures, how do you know you are not a false teacher? What is your criteria?
12 hours in a day, what are you doing?
J.
There are what is known and accepted within Christianity as essential doctrines . Those scripture declares that without believing one cannot be saved. Denying them as the church has declared is a anathema.

Hope this helps !!!

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’ll just say that God let me know that demons are very real, they are here and they are influencing people. I have no fear of them. But they are real and here.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Love you just as you are brother Mantis.

God be with you as you continue to traverse with Him in you.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

What is your criteria ?

Do they have faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, and do they love.

If they confessing they believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, and yet show lack of love and make doctrinal demands that everyone must follow, I tend to shy away from those types of people, because of their approach. Not that I hate them, but I do love them as a brother or sister in Christ. Will eat and converse with them no problem but you can tell that sometimes they can be cold, but God still loves them too. And He is the only one who can work on the Mind and Heart of an individual.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do they have faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, and do they love.

If they confessing they believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, and yet show lack of love and make doctrinal demands that everyone must follow, I tend to shy away from those types of people, because of their approach. Not that I hate them, but I do love them as a brother or sister in Christ. Will eat and converse with them no problem but you can tell that sometimes they can be cold, but God still loves them too. And He is the only one who can work on the Mind and Heart of an individual.
So wolves in sheeps clothing are saved ?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can’t judge people if they are saved or not, unbelievers aren’t saved by the blood shed of Christ though in this life and will partake in the Lake of fire.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s annoying to insinuate.

Love you for you though sir, dropship.