Welcome Ivor.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Hi Helen
They are called refuge collectors - I sadly think it would take me too long to save my pennies, I have cousins out in Canada that I would love to see again- would need to have a large win on a lottery !!!!
Dan was telling me that marmite is not popular in the USA! Is that the same in Canada ?
I prefer marmalade - and I do like kippers !
Pennies, well we have the one pence and the two pence coins now, but that is not the same as the old penny ( pre decimal ) what year did you go to Canada ?
Rita
Try Air Transat; their fares are not too bad... :)

B

Butterfly

Where do your cousins live Rita?
You could get a two for one trip out of it...if they are here in the West.

No, Dan is probably right, none of my American friends or Canadian's friends come to that...like Marmite.
I guess a person must be born and raised on it to appreciate it.
Both my girl were also 'Marmite babies'. Boiled egg, toasted 'soldiers' with Marmite before school. :)

They used to have pots of Bisto also like that.
I remember how I loved the advert on the walls of the tube stations when I was small. The boy and the girl pointy noses ...both saying:- " Aah...Bisto" ( and a cup of steaming Bisto between them)
Boy, that is a blast from the past.

Here is a picture of the kids, but its the wrong one..their noses aren't pointed even...and the other were not full bodies.

.....View attachment 4911
I think my cousins live in Ontario, but I no longer have their address, we keep in contact on Facebook these days- I will have to ask.
We have 'Bisto ' ads still, but not with the boys anymore ( I remember it too )
Rita

Reactions: Helen
B

Butterfly

Try Air Transat; their fares are not too bad... :)
it's not just the finances, if I am honest there is no way I could travel to Canada on my own - it's bad enough when I have to go to Germany xx

B

Butterfly

Hahahaha!! I love it when we catch me out, like that...I need to laugh more than I do. I worry too much as a rule. ( but better than I was.)

1) Now, did no one else notice that? 2) Or was everyone else just too polite to point it out.

Once again Enoch , Well caught :)
I didn't notice, I think my brain just translated it, so I thought it said refuse !! Lol