Welcome Ivor.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Ivor
Welcome to the forum my friend. I presume you are the Ivor that I knew from another forum with our friends @"ByGrace" and @Butterfly all of you having a British connection.
Give God the glory!

Correct...this is indeed "Ivor."
The other one ( Site) is a wee bit too sleepy now.

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Correct...this is indeed "Ivor."
The other one ( Site) is a wee bit too sleepy now.
Sorry not to have visited in a while. Besides this I have a lot of things going offline. When I can I will revisit to say hello to old friends who have not appeared here.

Reactions: Helen

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@Butterfly Churchill even said that America and Great Britain were two great nations divided by the same language...

(He of course was an Honorary American citizen, and had an American mother...)

Reactions: Butterfly

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We need more Brits here !!! Lol
Would this be seeking a renewal of the British Empire...LOL? Remember I am likely descended from some colonist along with natives from across the big pond from you. Canadians are another breed, I guess, altogether.

Reactions: Helen and Butterfly
B

Butterfly

Lol - not so sure we are capable of being an empire anymore , have you heard about ' Brexit ' what a shambles !!! ( and this week is going to be interesting !!! )
Rita xx

Reactions: Helen

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol - not so sure we are capable of being an empire anymore , have you heard about ' Brexit ' what a shambles !!! ( and this week is going to be interesting !!! )
Rita xx
Of course I was not being serious at all. Strictly from a carnal point of view I'll stick it out where I am. Not because it's better, but because this is where I always lived and I understand it better even though perhaps not very well. What I do know is that our trust is best placed in the Lord no matter where we live...

Last edited:

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Rita xx
Seems like most of them are talking through the sides of their mouth so you never know what they really mean - not 'plain English', anyway!

B

Butterfly

Of course I was not being serious at all. Strictly from a carnal point of view I'll stick it out where I am. Not because it's better, but because this is where I always lived and I understand it better even though perhaps not very well. What I do know is that our trust is best placed in the Lord no matter where we live...
It's okay, I knew you were not being serious, I think my comments were slightly tongue in cheek as well, despite the reality that it is all such a mess- so fed up with the whole Brexit thing !!!

Reactions: Helen and amadeus

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We need more Brits here !!! Lol

Lol-How I love the British accent. I love to imitate it, both the inner city London slang and proper English from places like Chelsea or, Notting...something lol. ...I'm not bad at it...whoa, I have a talent! Hahaha. I love doing the Londoner inner city one the best, it's more fun. :)

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Lol-How I love the British accent. I love to imitate it, both the inner city London slang and proper English from places like Chelsea or, Notting...something lol. ...I'm not bad at it...whoa, I have a talent! Hahaha. I love doing the Londoner inner city one the best, it's more fun. :)

If we talked on the phone...you would hear it...and you could do your imitations, and I will tell you if you are as good as you say! :D

Hugs ...H

Last edited:
Reactions: Butterfly and Nancy