Well, I made it this far…

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

brandedworm

Jul 21, 2023
USA
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
mostly an observer, see a few domineering personas on here, so I won’t likely get too involved… people like to talk about doctrines; but, I like to learn about the person, their faith, their personal journey, why they believe, not what they believe… if they don’t exist on here, neither will I.

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
mostly an observer, see a few domineering personas on here, so I won’t likely get too involved… people like to talk about doctrines; but, I like to learn about the person, their faith, their personal journey, why they believe, not what they believe… if they don’t exist on here, neither will I.
Welcome. How were you raised, and, why do you believe what you do?

Reactions: ButterflyJones

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Welcome to the forum and may God richly bless you as you walk with Him here.

Reactions: MatthewG

brandedworm

Jul 21, 2023
USA
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Welcome. How were you raised, and, why do you believe what you do?
Raised JW, atheist/agnostic/alcoholic, saved in military 36 yrs ago, called myself a Christian for 35 years in a variety of denominations and roles.

I don’t refer to anything as a belief. I may speculate musingly or I know. My belief has become sight… I see what I’ve asked God to allow me to see. He’s very generous in that, as Jesus had promised He would be.

The Holy Spirit is with me, He’s given me a gift that His Word encourages everyone to eagerly seek… I did it, and now, since what I did was scriptural and NOT doctrinal, my ‘gift’ is not welcome in the churches as valid… but I have something they rejected… so I took it and left and have been learning from God ever since.

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So to me the gift of prophecy is more than telling the future

For you can all prophesy one by one, so that everyone may learn and everyone may be encouraged (1 Corinthians 14:31 HCSB).
We should all be doing this.
We read and share here.

If it is future telling, I don't know. We have "prophets" here, who keep getting it wrong. :D

Reactions: Nancy

Instant

Sep 17, 2020
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From what I have seen, there are many different types of people here. I have no idea if the kind of people you are seeking exist, but welcome and best wishes.

brandedworm

Jul 21, 2023
USA
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
From what I have seen, there are many different types of people here. I have no idea if the kind of people you are seeking exist, but welcome and best wishes.
Thanks. Probably not, but if there is anyone, they’ll find me. Meanwhile, I’ll likely get into some threads, perhaps with an inquiry or to offer insight.

Instant

Sep 17, 2020
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks. Probably not, but if there is anyone, they’ll find me. Meanwhile, I’ll likely get into some threads, perhaps with an inquiry or to offer insight.
Have you ever found anyone like you described at any message board? It does not matter. May the Lord guide you.

brandedworm

Jul 21, 2023
USA
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Have you ever found anyone like you described at any message board? It does not matter. May the Lord guide you.
When I become engaged with anyone who shows interest in God (rather than doctrine), my posts all get marked up with statements along the lines of, “You’re wrong,” and “we don’t let heretics post.”

Once I see that I’ve been publicly presented to others in a negative manner, I have no choice but to leave- especially if the same person trolls me on another thread…

this tells me that no one I’m looking for would be here.

I actually have better conversations with Jews and atheists, they are more receptive… but, I live in hope…

brandedworm

Jul 21, 2023
USA
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Hope you can really enjoy it on here. There are so many nice people on here. Please give them a chance. So sorry if you have had a negative experience.
Thanks. Yeah, it makes me feel low to include all that, but some get much too aggressive for me and I have to leave if I’m forced into an irrational rant.
I live in hope, though.

Reactions: Instant

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The heart of the Holy Spirit! Welcome!

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
When I become engaged with anyone who shows interest in God (rather than doctrine),
Welcome to the forum. I think I get where you are coming from...a relationship with and knowledge of God is as Jesus said, eternal life. God is paramount. Who He is, what He is like, and how He is motivated towards sinful humans such as we all are.
Doctrine...aka truth.. that being the church's best understanding and iteration of God can be fraught with all manner of opinions and diverse thought. For me, it is through doctrine that we express our understanding of who God is, and His character. That's why I prefer to talk about doctrine, or theology, because by inference, directly and indirectly, we are talking about God. But that's just me I guess, but I do like what you said at the start... You like to get to know people personally and talk about their lives and their experience in their walk with God. That's cool. In doing that we also discover God, that he deals with all of us different according to our circumstances, personality, history, openness to new things, willingness to obey, resistance to the above.
But even in knowing what certain individuals believe, we can learn and appreciate the journey they took to come to that place. And what it might take to encourage them to continue in their journey and not become satisfied and content with the status quo. I think challenging people in their doctrinal beliefs is a way to challenge them to study and grow, whether to affirm themselves in what they have, or to investigate more fully what they may yet have to discover. All character building I think. Again, welcome.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the forum, it’s always going to be a mix within members hip on a forum, but it’s pretty much the same in a church as well. Some like to debate, some like to tell people they are wrong and some like to just come alongside and fellowship. Thankfully there is the ignore button option, that way you can control who you talk to one a thread xxxxxxxx

brandedworm

Jul 21, 2023
USA
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Welcome to the forum, it’s always going to be a mix within members hip on a forum, but it’s pretty much the same in a church as well. Some like to debate, some like to tell people they are wrong and some like to just come alongside and fellowship. Thankfully there is the ignore button option, that way you can control who you talk to one a thread xxxxxxxx
Thanks. I occasionally find true debate entertaining; however, most people seem to think that using the word debate is a license to argue… I do neither.
Paul taught us to evaluate, as a group, what each of us speaks, and to reach a consensus.
I don’t worry about the ignore button… if I feel unwelcome, or the word I was given to share is rejected, I merely shake the dust off my feet and leave.

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You'll get more out of this community by generously using the "ignore" feature. Welcome and good luck!

brandedworm

Jul 21, 2023
USA
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
You'll get more out of this community by generously using the "ignore" feature. Welcome and good luck!
Thanks. I figure the ones who earn the ignore button on here have probably been ignored enough in life to make them act out in public. I won’t confirm their Freudian issues for them, but I will publicly flog anyone who quenches my spirit… (maybe if I can’t teach ‘em scripture, I can teach ‘em about themselves!)

• Haha

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks. I figure the ones who earn the ignore button on here have probably been ignored enough in life to make them act out in public. I won’t confirm their Freudian issues for them, but I will publicly flog anyone who quenches my spirit… (maybe if I can’t teach ‘em scripture, I can teach ‘em about themselves!)
Welcome here branded,
Good for you, there are a few "spirit quenchers" on here for sure! But for the most part, most are kind and respect others. If the "debates" get hot enough, the thread will be closed for further replies.
Hope you enjoy your time here.