We're so lucky God is love and God is good. Ever thought about this?...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Is Jesus the word made flesh?
It appears so.....the one who represents the Father perfectly.

Yes, there is the lawgiver Moses and the liberator from Baal worship, Elijah,(representing the Law and the Prophets) both of whom appeared to Jesus and the three disciples on the mountain but it was Jesus whom the voice directed the disciples and us to; 'this is my Son' it said, 'listen to him'.

It is Jesus who ultimately informs us on what God is like.

ButterflyJones

Feb 19, 2023
USA
youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It appears so.....the one who represents the Father perfectly.

Yes, there is the lawgiver Moses and the liberator from Baal worship, Elijah,(representing the Law and the Prophets) both of whom appeared to Jesus and the three disciples on the mountain but it was Jesus whom the voice directed the disciples and us to; 'this is my Son' it said, 'listen to him'.

It is Jesus who ultimately informs us on what God is like.
You don't believe Jesus,Emmanuel, was God?

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1688841507723.png
GOD IS GOOD and GOD IS LOVE , but he will never call this act good or love . the world will , but NOT GOD .
This is a friendly reminder to all to not adopt the love that cometh OF the WORLD .
CLING rather to the LOVE that cometh of GOD and unto GOD . And charity REJOICES IN TRUTH ALONE
not in inquity . Just a super friendly and needful reminder to all .

Jun 23, 2023
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Having a loving and good God means we've got someone always watching our backs, cheering us on, and guiding us through life's twists and turns. It's a total game-changer, and we're blessed to have such an awesome Higher Power on our side!

Instant

Sep 17, 2020
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is vindictive, jealous, angry, and homicidal. And more.
God can do anything he wants to his creation . And has.
I think this is the first time I have read any of your posts, so I am asking this to understand you better. If you believe this, how does it make you feel towards God? I do agree with this sentence. "God can do anything he wants to his creation." That is absolutely true.

Reactions: amigo de christo

ButterflyJones

Feb 19, 2023
USA
youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think this is the first time I have read any of your posts, so I am asking this to understand you better. If you believe this, how does it make you feel towards God? I do agree with this sentence. "God can do anything he wants to his creation." That is absolutely true.
Then if it is absolutely true, given the scriptures describing God's acts against his human creation, the rest of my post should not be an issue. As those passages prove God does whatever he wants to humans.

He has his chosen people cut babies from the womb, kills men, women, children, sacks cities and reserves 40 virgins at his command. Etc....

Our God is a wrathful God.

Instant

Sep 17, 2020
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then if it is absolutely true, given the scriptures describing God's acts against his human creation, the rest of my post should not be an issue. As those passages prove God does whatever he wants to humans.

He has his chosen people cut babies from the womb, kills men, women, children, sacks cities and reserves 40 virgins at his command. Etc....

Our God is a wrathful God.
I have no issues with you pointing that God did these things, but the way you worded it was disrespectful, in my opinion. That is why I didn't just agree with the entire post. I often criticize the fact people like to sanitize the Bible. You say," Our God is a wrathful God." Are you saying that in spite of the things you described, Jehovah is your God? He is my God, but I am curious why you choose to serve Him, considering what you said? And yes, I am willing to answer a similar question if you answer me first and care to know.

ButterflyJones

Feb 19, 2023
USA
youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have no issues with you pointing that God did these things, but the way you worded it was disrespectful, in my opinion. That is why I didn't just agree with the entire post. I often criticize the fact people like to sanitize the Bible. You say," Our God is a wrathful God." Are you saying that in spite of the things you described, Jehovah is your God? He is my God, but I am curious why you choose to serve Him, considering what you said? And yes, I am willing to answer a similar question if you answer me first and care to know.
I don't sanitize scripture. Maybe this is why some find making observations of what God says of himself in his word is disrespectful.

No. It's there. I don't ignore that.

Isaiah 45:7
I form light and create darkness; I make well-being and create calamity; I am the Lord, who does all these things.

Amos 3:6Is a trumpet blown in a city, and the people are not afraid? Does disaster come to a city, unless the Lord has done it?

Daniel 4:35 All the inhabitants of the earth are accounted as nothing, and he does according to his will among the host of heaven and among the inhabitants of the earth; and none can stay his hand or say to him, “What have you done?”

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I don't sanitize scripture. Maybe this is why some find making observations of what God says of himself in his word is disrespectful.

No. It's there. I don't ignore that.

Isaiah 45:7
I form light and create darkness; I make well-being and create calamity; I am the Lord, who does all these things.

Amos 3:6Is a trumpet blown in a city, and the people are not afraid? Does disaster come to a city, unless the Lord has done it?

Daniel 4:35 All the inhabitants of the earth are accounted as nothing, and he does according to his will among the host of heaven and among the inhabitants of the earth; and none can stay his hand or say to him, “What have you done?”
Yes, the OT prophets definitely had a view of God that was limiting for them. In spite of centuries of God trying to communicate himself they misunderstood. It took Jesus to clarify the misconceptions. He presented a picture of the character of God that revealed a new reality.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God could've been evil. Our creator could've been evil. Who says God has to be loving, good and righteous? He doesn't have to be, it could've been different but He is and that's why we're so lucky. If we had a God who was evil, suffering would be everywhere and un-ending.

Praise be to the FAther in heaven, who has done everything he could so that the world could be reonciled back to himself in and through Christ, who did it on the worlds behalf in order to save it.

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
God could've been evil. Our creator could've been evil. Who says God has to be loving, good and righteous? He doesn't have to be, it could've been different but He is and that's why we're so lucky. If we had a God who was evil, suffering would be everywhere and un-ending.
This really stuck in my mind, when I read it a second time. Well done - clarity in the Holy Spirit is what is needed, to begin with!

ButterflyJones

Feb 19, 2023
USA
youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, the OT prophets definitely had a view of God that was limiting for them. In spite of centuries of God trying to communicate himself they misunderstood. It took Jesus to clarify the misconceptions. He presented a picture of the character of God that revealed a new reality.
I'll leave you to your eisegesis and interpolation of scripture.

Reactions: St. SteVen

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
O`nowhere you have to know
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I want to testify that I've thought about this last night that about right before and on the start of a severe curse in my life which now has stopped, God abundantly and tremendously/extraordinarily blessed me richly with spiritual support. He did not just leave me there with nothing. I cannot give God a bad name. He loved me so richly.

Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I want to testify that I've thought about this last night that about right before and on the start of a severe curse in my life which now has stopped, God abundantly and tremendously/extraordinarily blessed me richly with spiritual support. He did not just leave me there with nothing. I cannot give God a bad name. He loved me so richly.
He pulled you right out of that curse dear sister . GOD giveth the lambs power over evil . over the flesh .
Let our hope be in THE CHRIST OF GOD and stay well dug in the scriptures .