We're so lucky God is love and God is good. Ever thought about this?...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually GOD can only BE AS HE IS my dear sister . Its GOOD we heed HIM .
There is another god , notice little g . That one IS EVIL and has always desired to be worshipped AS GOD .
But GOD cannot change himself .
Suffering is all around us , but again that IS NOT the fault of GOD .
Allow me to explain .
GOD created adam . GOD placed man in the garden with SPECIFIC INSTRUCTIONS , YOU may eat of every
tree you like , CEPT THE TREE in the midst . CAUSE The day you eat of it , YE WILL SURELY DIE .
God brought forth woman , helper . One day the ol serpent shows himself up .
And what did that ol sepent do .
LIED .
And what was His lie . YE SHALL NOT SURELY DIE ..............................................
The moment eve ate and then adam ate from her hand , THE CURSE CAME UPON THE WORLD AND MANKIND .
MAN DID this . NOT GOD . GOD didnt just turn ol adam loose and sit back
and tell the angels , LETS SEE how long it is before this fellow eats and dies .
NOPE . GOD WARNED ADAM . flat out told him what would happen .
But it seems the ol serpent sure has never changed its old ways .
Cause i see it at work today through many men and many women .
HAS GOD really said there is but ONE WAY TO HIM .
HAS GOD REALLY SAID that if one believes they will be saved , but if not they will be damned .
NAY , nAY sayeth the sepernt , surely they will not die , will not perish , GOD IS LOVE .
SEE HOW THAT OL SNAKE WORKS SISTER . HE has convinced christendom
that other religoins are fine , no need to BELEIVE ON CHRIST , GOD IS LOVE THE RAOD IS BROAD . HE LIES SISTER .
and i wont buy his lie peroid . I PREACH JESUS and till my last day or the LORD COMES
ITS JESUS ME IS GONNA KEEP PREACHING . be blessed sister .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
THIS IS MY SON in WHOM i am well pleased . HEAR HIM .
Not the sepent . Not accusing you of this dear sister , just saying is all .
Yet the sepent seems to be the one a lot of folks are heeding today .
HAS GOD really said there is a place called the lake of fire
and that it is reserved for those who love a lie , rejected Christ aka unbelievers , etc
NAY nay says the sepent GOD IS LOVE , HE COULD NEVER DO THAT , YE SHALL NOT SEE A LAKE OF FIRE .
Satan lies sister pearl . And i know what GOD said about the book of revelation and who goes there too .
AND it says dont add to or take from that book and what happens if one does .
SO again i suggest we start reading our bibles and stop listening to this other wordly serpent led version of love
and who its trying to tell us GOD IS . AND rather LEARN the GOD of the bible , HIS CHRIST , and every lovely word of truth in it .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Be encouraged sister pearl . EVEN if you know all of what i just said . Embrace it again .
Cause i am seeing more and more people going under a spell of what they THINK love is and who they think GOD IS
and neither one matches up WITH GOD , HIS LOVE , HIS CHRIST , HIS TRUTH .

Papa Smurf

Jul 6, 2023
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God could've been evil. Our creator could've been evil. Who says God has to be loving, good and righteous? He doesn't have to be, it could've been different but He is and that's why we're so lucky. If we had a God who was evil, suffering would be everywhere and un-ending.
Hello thelord's_pearl, whenever I consider the characteristics of agape (found in 1 Corinthians 13) I'm always thankful that the first two "ingredients" (if you will) in the list are "patience" and "kindness", especially when I consider how long it took me to finally come to saving faith in Him :) (I was 30).

God bless you!!

--Papa Smurf

ButterflyJones

Feb 19, 2023
USA
youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God could've been evil. Our creator could've been evil. Who says God has to be loving, good and righteous? He doesn't have to be, it could've been different but He is and that's why we're so lucky. If we had a God who was evil, suffering would be everywhere and un-ending.
God is vindictive, jealous, angry, and homicidal. And more.
God can do anything he wants to his creation . And has.

Reactions: St. SteVen

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes! I've often thought of that! So glad we know of His character and, it bottoms out to Love or "charity"

Another thing to be oh so grateful for is that God is NOT human, ;)

Papa Smurf

Jul 6, 2023
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is vindictive, jealous, angry, and homicidal. And more.
God can do anything he wants to his creation . And has.
Hello ButterflyJones, after reading this, I was surprised note that you list your "faith" as "Christian". If this is what you truly believe about YHWH, then why did you become and/or why do you remain a Christian? (if you don't mind me asking, that is)

Thanks!

--Papa Smurf

ButterflyJones

Feb 19, 2023
USA
youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello ButterflyJones, after reading this, I was surprised note that you list your "faith" as "Christian". If this is what you truly believe about YHWH, then why did you become and/or why do you remain a Christian? (if you don't mind me asking, that is)

Thanks!

--Papa Smurf
Welcome to the forum. :)

To your question: God's personality is like everything we are, have you noticed?
If you read the OT you'll see the qualities I spoke about. And more.

Here's a question.
The Book of Numbers 31. God instructs Moses, Moshe, to exact vengeance upon the Midianites for Israel.

What does God need of virgin girls?

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Hello thelord's_pearl, whenever I consider the characteristics of agape (found in 1 Corinthians 13) I'm always thankful that the first two "ingredients" (if you will) in the list are "patience" and "kindness", especially when I consider how long it took me to finally come to saving faith in Him :) (I was 30).

God bless you!!

--Papa Smurf
Welcome to the Forum @Papa Smurf
J.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Satan is evil and he pretends to be a god. So I guess we have one of those already.

And yes we are truly blessed to have our Father and Savior and Holy Spirit.

ButterflyJones

Feb 19, 2023
USA
youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see you have yet to meet Jesus BJ
I forgive you.

I see you have yet to realize Jesus is God.

It's unfortunate to be a NT Christian only.
It's also hollow. Because the OT is the foundation of the New.

Why do you choose to ignore what God said of himself in the OT?

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Papa Smurf

Jul 6, 2023
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Welcome to the forum. :)

To your question: God's personality is like everything we are, have you noticed?
If you read the OT you'll see the qualities I spoke about. And more.

Here's a question.
The Book of Numbers 31. God instructs Moses, Moshe, to exact vengeance upon the Midianites for Israel.

What does God need of virgin girls?
Hello again ButterflyJones, I suppose that we can discuss why God did what He did concerning the Midianites on another thread if you'd like to, but for now at least, my question remains, why do you identify as a "Christian" since you believe that God is some sort of malevolent monster?

Thanks!

--Papa Smurf

ButterflyJones

Feb 19, 2023
USA
youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello again ButterflyJones, I suppose that we can discuss why God did what He did concerning the Midianites on another thread if you'd like to, but for now at least, my question remains, why do you identify as a "Christian" since you believe that God is some sort of malevolent monster?

Thanks!

--Papa Smurf
I make no apologies for taking God's word at his word.

Why do you identify as Christian and ignore the violent characteristics of God?