Were the Church Fathers Sent by God?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course.

But again I ask, what is your issue with depicting HIS great act of love for us?

For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ, and him crucified.

Pax et Bonum

Because that is like watching a play and leaving before the last act. He lived, died, and was resurrected to the right hand of God, where He lives and reigns. You're depicting His suffering a horrible death; why do you focus on that instead of His glorious conquering of death?

Acts 2:32-33, "God has raised this Jesus to life, and we are all witnesses of it. Exalted to the right hand of God, he has received from the Father the promised Holy Spirit and has poured out what you now see and hear."

Second thought: the depiction of an emaciated Christ on the cross is gruesome! What is your fascination with this horrible murder by the Romans when Jesus did so much good for humanity, and continues to do so?

Last edited:

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Because that is like watching a play and leaving before the last act. He lived, died, and was resurrected to the right hand of God, where He lives and reigns. You're depicting His suffering a horrible death; why do you focus on that instead of His glorious conquering of death?

Acts 2:32-33, "God has raised this Jesus to life, and we are all witnesses of it. Exalted to the right hand of God, he has received from the Father the promised Holy Spirit and has poured out what you now see and hear."

Second thought: the depiction of an emaciated Christ on the cross is gruesome! What is your fascination with this horrible murder by the Romans when Jesus did so much good for humanity, and continues to do so?

Hello Jim,

Are you ashamed of Jesus on the cross?
One can spend endless days pondering the wonder of the Messiah suffering and dying for us..

You speak as if His crucifixtion was some kind of failure, rather than yhe victory over the enemy that it was..

Or perhaps looking upon it your concience is tweaked as you consider how your actions added to His suffering...

You may be ashamed of Jesus on the cross, but I am not, i will hold up this standard of the Love of God for us proudly, and contemplate the 'foolishness' that is the Authour of Life, dying for His creation..

Peace be with you!

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
All religious workings= repetitious prayers to Mary, weekly sacrifices of Christ, weekly confessionals with penance and so on.
These are sinful vain attempts to add to the Finished Work of Christ.

Hello David,

Is it the sacrificial aspect of the celebration of the Eucharist that you are having trouble grasping?

From the very beginning the Church recognized the offering of the Eucharist as the fulfillment of Malachi 1:11

1. On the Lord's Day of the Lord come together, break bread and hold Eucharist, after confessing your transgressions that your offering may be pure;
2. But let none who has a quarrel with his fellow join in your meeting until they be reconciled, that your sacrifice be not defiled.
3. For this is that which was spoken by the Lord, "In every place and time offer me a pure sacrifice, for I am a great king," saith the Lord, "and my name is wonderful among the heathen."

~The Didache~

Circa 75 AD

This the whole Church everywhere has recognized for 2000 years..

Why do you think offering that which Christ gave us and commanded us to do is somehow 'adding to His finished work'? Would you condemn your brothers and sisters who have celebrated this for 2000 years?

Where has any apostolic community taught otherwise?

If you reject this, what then is the 'pure offering' of Malachi 1:11?

Peace be with you!

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
no king administers his own kingdom

Christ ascended to heaven so he certainly does not

so who does?

example would be Joseph under pharaoh

The example of Joseph under Pharaoh is CHRIST seated at the Right Hand of God.

Stephen, being full of the Holy Spirit, gazed into heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God,
and said, “Look! I see the heavens opened and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God!”

If then you were raised with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ is, sitting at the right hand of God. Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth. For you died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God. When Christ who is our life appears, then you also will appear with Him in glory.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Jim,

Are you ashamed of Jesus on the cross?
One can spend endless days pondering the wonder of the Messiah suffering and dying for us..

You speak as if His crucifixtion was some kind of failure, rather than yhe victory over the enemy that it was..

Or perhaps looking upon it your concience is tweaked as you consider how your actions added to His suffering...

You may be ashamed of Jesus on the cross, but I am not, i will hold up this standard of the Love of God for us proudly, and contemplate the 'foolishness' that is the Authour of Life, dying for His creation..

Peace be with you!

Why are you obsessed with His death? One can spend indeed endless days pondering the Messiah suffering and dying for us, but that is an unhealthy, morbid fixation.

The rest of your post is accusatory nonsense. (Never mind the spelling errors). You are the one who is fixated on His suffering and death instead of His victory. Are you denying that He arose from the tomb to sit at the right hand of God? That is the victory over the enemy!!

I am not ashamed of Jesus on the cross!! Furthermore, that is not the standard of the Love of God for us; His resurrection is.

And stop the "peace be with you" hypocrisy, as you are clearly judging me. I won't discuss your morbid obsession with death any more. May God have mercy on you for denying the salvific work of Christ.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello David,

Is it the sacrificial aspect of the celebration of the Eucharist that you are having trouble grasping?

From the very beginning the Church recognized the offering of the Eucharist as the fulfillment of Malachi 1:11

1. On the Lord's Day of the Lord come together, break bread and hold Eucharist, after confessing your transgressions that your offering may be pure;
2. But let none who has a quarrel with his fellow join in your meeting until they be reconciled, that your sacrifice be not defiled.
3. For this is that which was spoken by the Lord, "In every place and time offer me a pure sacrifice, for I am a great king," saith the Lord, "and my name is wonderful among the heathen."

~The Didache~

Circa 75 AD

Why do you think offering that which Christ gave us and commanded us to do is somehow 'adding to His finished work'? Would you condemn your brothers and sisters who have celebrated this for 2000 years?

Peace be with you!

What you are looking at = the Roman catholic church, is pagan and not from Christ.
Therefore you corrupt scripture as you just did again with Malachi 1:11

Currently you are bound in sin in the same manner as the religious rulers who offered animal sacrifices at the time of Christ and His Apostles.
The Temple in Jerusalem was the only place on earth for a man made building to be built unto God.
Once Christ came and fulfilled the Law by going to the Cross, without sin and bearing our sin, HE Finished the WORK of GOD.

Anyone who seeks to add to His Finished Blood Atonement will be separated from God for all eternity.

So when Jesus had received the sour wine, He said, “It is finished!” And bowing His head, He gave up His spirit.

Your futile attempt to offer up a sacrifice to God thru religion is SOUR WINE.

The evidence of this is you still have Christ on the cross, seeking to please him with futile false worship of the carnal flesh.

His PEACE is in Heaven, at the Right Hand of God, and no man comes to the FATHER but thru Christ and CHRIST alone.

"If then you were raised with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ is, sitting at the right hand of God.

Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth.
For you died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God. When Christ who is our life appears, then you also will appear with Him in glory."

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello David,

~The Didache~

Circa 75 AD

Peace be with you!

You're seriously quoting Malachi as referring to the eucharist? Here is that paragraph: " “Oh, that one of you would shut the temple doors, so that you would not light useless fires on my altar! I am not pleased with you,” says the Lord Almighty, “and I will accept no offering from your hands. My name will be great among the nations, from where the sun rises to where it sets. In every place incense and pure offerings will be brought to me, because my name will be great among the nations,” says the Lord Almighty." (My emphases of course.)

The NT bread and wine is not an offering to appease God. It is a symbolic sharing of Christ's body and blood. Since your theology is so distorted and confused I will no longer discuss theology, Christian faith and practices, etc. with you.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're seriously quoting Malachi as referring to the eucharist? Here is that paragraph: " “Oh, that one of you would shut the temple doors, so that you would not light useless fires on my altar! I am not pleased with you,” says the Lord Almighty, “and I will accept no offering from your hands. My name will be great among the nations, from where the sun rises to where it sets. In every place incense and pure offerings will be brought to me, because my name will be great among the nations,” says the Lord Almighty." (My emphases of course.)

The NT bread and wine is not an offering to appease God. It is a symbolic sharing of Christ's body and blood. Since your theology is so distorted and confused I will no longer discuss theology, Christian faith and practices, etc. with you.

I did not quote Malachi and connect it to the RCC Mass. Member Phillip James did in his post #143

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What you are looking at = the Roman catholic church, is pagan and not from Christ.

Hello David,

If your issue is with Rome, then come to the Feast with Alexandria, come with Constantinople.. But come!

Peace be with you!

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You're seriously quoting Malachi as referring to the eucharist?

As the Church has done from the beginning evidenced in the Didache as posted..

Why so much hostility brother?

I'll ask you the same question I asked @David in NJ , if the celebration of the Eucharist is not the fulfillment of Malachi 1:11, as the Church everwhere has acknowledged for 2000 years, what is?

Pax et Bonum!

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello David,

If your issue is with Rome, then come to the Feast with Alexandria, come with Constantinople.. But come!

Peace be with you!

I follow Christ, who is seated at the Right hand of God forever making intercession on my behalf.

I responded to His Call and fled the harlot who resides in the pagan temple in Rome = "And I heard another voice from heaven saying, “Come out of her, my people, lest you share in her sins, and lest you receive of her plagues. For her sins have reached to heaven, and God has remembered her iniquities."

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I follow Christ, who is seated at the Right hand of God forever making intercession on my behalf.

Dear David,

Wonderful!

And yet you continue to level baseless accusations and charges against your brethren, while refraining from answering any of my questions.. Why is that?

Pax et Bonum!

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dear David,

Wonderful!

And yet you continue to level baseless accusations and charges against your brethren, while refraining from answering any of my questions.. Why is that?

Pax et Bonum!

Now you say God's word is baseless.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The example of Joseph under Pharaoh is CHRIST seated at the Right Hand of God.

Stephen, being full of the Holy Spirit, gazed into heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God,
and said, “Look! I see the heavens opened and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God!”

If then you were raised with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ is, sitting at the right hand of God. Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth. For you died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God. When Christ who is our life appears, then you also will appear with Him in glory.

I want to know who is in charge
Who administers the kingdom
Who governs the church
Who teaches all nations
Who makes disciples by baptism
???? All you know is spiritual anarchy and chaos!
Peace and order are established by obedience to hierarchical authority

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I want to know who is in charge
Who administers the kingdom
Who governs the church
Who teaches all nations
Who makes disciples by baptism
???? All you know is spiritual anarchy and chaos!
Peace and order are established by obedience to hierarchical authority

You better find out but quick because you will soon have to give an account.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You better find out but quick because you will soon have to give an account.

you’re the one groping in the darkness of Protestant fundamentalist blindness!

Protestant fundamentalism is based on pride, presumption, and arrogance!

The doctrine of demons has built in vices!

Jn 8:32 the truth shall make you free! So false doctrine shall hold you in bondage!

Spiritual blindness!

Saul thought he was doing the will of God and acting righteously with correct faith!

Acts 9:1 And Saul, yet breathing out threatenings and slaughter against the disciples of the Lord, went unto the high priest,

2 And desired of him letters to Damascus to the synagogues, that if he found any of this way, whether they were men or women, he might bring them bound unto Jerusalem.

3 And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven:

4 And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?

5 And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

6 And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do.

Thy zeal has blinded thee to the truth!

True Christians are humble, obedient and faithful! The just live by faith!

The nature of pride always says no I will not serve, like the father of pride! Pride always protests and lives in rebellion!

The source of truth and the rule of faith is Christ and His church!

To reject the church or her teaching is to reject Christ who founded her and commanded her to teach all nations! Matt 16:18 and 28:19 must hear the church Matt 18:17 church is the pillar and ground of truth 1 Tim 3:15

Protestant fundamentalism is
Pure spiritual blindness, thick black scales!

Spiritual anarchy and chaos!

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Roman catholic pagan church of darkness is for all who reject the WORD of Truth.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Roman catholic pagan church of darkness is for all who reject the WORD of Truth.

pagan?

pagan means the worship of creatures!

show me anywhere that the church teaches us to worship any but God alone???

the church founded by Christ on Peter conquered the pagan Roman Empire

Prophecy of the new covenant church fulfilled in the apostolic union with Christ!

Matt 21:43 Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, (Israel) and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof. (The new covenant church) Jn 15:1-5

Dan 2: 44 And in the days of these kings (Roman Caesars) shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.

Isaiah 2:2
And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the Lord's house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it.

Micah 4:1
But in the last days it shall come to pass, that the mountain of the house of the Lord shall be established in the top of the mountains, and it shall be exalted above the hills; and people shall flow unto it.

Lk 1:32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

Lk 22:29 And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me;

Matthew 5:14
Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.

Reactions: Philip James

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pagan means FALSE worship = Babylonian Roman Catholicism

JESUS said: false prophets, false teachers and false christs = Roman Catholicism