Westboro Baptist Church

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Please...! A Christian is one who has placed faith in Jesus Christ and as a result is born-again.

Stranger

Then yes...they are Christian according to your definition. They have placed all their faith (human belief) in Jesus for their own salvation. It's a free country...the weirdest people can place their weird faith in whoever they want...including Jesus.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then yes...they are Christian according to your definition. They have placed all their faith (human belief) in Jesus for their own salvation. It's a free country...the weirdest people can place their weird faith in whoever they want...including Jesus.

So, what are you saying...that their faith in Jesus Christ is a human belief?

Stranger

D

Dave L

Are you from Westboro baptist? You have that flair for the religious.
I'm only saying Westboro is missing the target. If they want to change hearts, preach the gospel. You cannot change minds by polarizing them against you.

Reactions: Nancy

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I'm only saying Westboro is missing the target. If they want to change hearts, preach the gospel. You cannot change minds by polarizing them against you.

But they are doing as you do...they are misguided enough to think that they are in fact being a witness of truth and are preaching the gospel. You are as blind as they are in this regard. You seek to puff yourself up by comparing yourself to others who do not have the same history. Just as you think that what you do is good...compared to others...so they also believe as you do.

D

Dave L

But they are doing as you do...they are misguided enough to think that they are in fact being a witness of truth and are preaching the gospel. You are as blind as they are in this regard. You seek to puff yourself up by comparing yourself to others who do not have the same history. Just as you think that what you do is good...compared to others...so they also believe as you do.
We should not size each other up according to our own hearts and motives, assuming the other guy thinks like we do. Never judge a person's motives because we only reveal our own heart when we do.

Reactions: Philip James

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
We should not size each other up according to our own hearts and motives, assuming the other guy thinks like we do. Never judge a person's motives because we only reveal our own heart when we do.

You are judging others...I am just pointing that out to you...and showing you the dismal end of they who do such things. I am exhorting you to have charity.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I said that the religious disease in the church is not limited to WBC. It is a result of every man thinking what He wants...in a free world. It is inevitable. WBC is just an extreme case.

In other words, their faith is actually in their own selves?

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
In other words, their faith is actually in their own selves?

It is in the Jesus they believe is real. The truth is way more uncomfortable than if they were just full of themselves....which they are of course.

The cross of Christ takes away all that stands between us and a loving God. Where you see a lack of love....you KNOW that the cross has not done it's work in their lives.

Reactions: faithfulness

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I said that the religious disease in the church is not limited to WBC. It is a result of every man thinking what He wants...in a free world. It is inevitable. WBC is just an extreme case.
Kind of like the Pharisees of old, and new for that matter...they thought they were doing "right" by pushing Jesus to the cross.

Reactions: Helen

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Kind of like the Pharisees of old, and new for that matter...they thought they were doing "right" by pushing Jesus to the cross.

A true Christian goes to the cross with Jesus...as the apostles did later when they had received power from heaven.

Reactions: faithfulness

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Sarah Silverman is a Trump hater (and calls him every evil name) and a committed Leftist. The Westboro group are fag haters (their signs say "God hates fags"). So the common denominator is hatred.

God hates homosexuality, which is an abomination to Him. But He loves these sinners (and all sinners) and desires that they repent and receive Christ as Lord and Savior.

You could say that WBC is a cult. But then we also have the cult of Mary. The focus must always be on the Lord Jesus Christ and Gospel truth. And the Gospel is for "every creature".

Thank you for the overview , I didn't know any of that.

Bless you...Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If we preach the gospel, it brings believers into the likeness of Christ. Problem solved.

If that Gospel/Good News ...is that God the Father sent Jesus Christ to reconcile the world to Himself...yes...I agree. :)

Reactions: Dave L
D

Dave L

You are judging others...I am just pointing that out to you...and showing you the dismal end of they who do such things. I am exhorting you to have charity.
You are judging me as unloving when you exhort me to have love.

D

Dave L

That's what exhorting people to love entails...

We are to judge those who claim to be Christ's...but leave those outside the faith to God. He judges them.
But it assumes others have a problem and is therefore judgmental. We need to work on our own act before helping other clean up theirs.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
But it assumes others have a problem and is therefore judgmental. We need to work on our own act before helping other clean up theirs.

That's what I'm doing....looking to clean out the house of dead men's bones.