Westboro Baptist Church

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

D

Dave L

I am seeing what is in the church...and find you there curiously haunting the place with your judgment of the world.
It's just that corrupt trees cannot produce good fruit. If they could, Jesus wouldn't need to save them.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It's just that corrupt trees cannot produce good fruit. If they could, Jesus wouldn't need to save them.

Jesus did not come to call the righteous to repentance...but sinners. Not all people are corrupt. The righteous are WEAK...not corrupt. The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak. The grace of God gives us strength to be as Jesus in the world. So then His strength is made perfect in our weakness.

So then what you call corrupt is just weak...that has yet to receive the strength (grace) of God. Stop judging and preach the strength (grace ) of God. That is the gospel. But if you can't tell the difference between what is weak and what is corrupt...then please stay silent until you have received more instruction in righteousness.

D

Dave L

Jesus did not come to call the righteous to repentance...but sinners. Not all people are corrupt. The righteous are WEAK...not corrupt. The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak. The grace of God gives us strength to be as Jesus in the world. So then His strength is made perfect in our weakness.

So then what you call corrupt is just weak...that has yet to receive the strength (grace) of God. Stop judging and preach the strength (grace ) of God. That is the gospel. But if you can't tell the difference between what is weak and what is corrupt...then please stay silent until you have received more instruction in righteousness.
I'm only saying, unless a person is born again, they can serve only the sinful flesh.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I'm only saying, unless a person is born again, they can serve only the sinful flesh.

That's your opinion ... but far from the truth. Do you have anything beyond a religious opinion or Bob Dylan lyrics to back up your claims?

D

Dave L

That's your opinion ... but far from the truth. Do you have anything beyond a religious opinion or Bob Dylan lyrics to back up your claims?

This is people before the new birth. Find a proper motive for doing anything and I'll eat my computer.

“Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.” (Galatians 5:19–21)

This is people after the New Birth. Only in this state can we choose what is good.

“But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. And they that are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts. If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.” (Galatians 5:22–26)

D

Dave L

So if your people can do good works before Jesus saves them, he doesn't need to save them.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This is people before the new birth. Find a proper motive for doing anything and I'll eat my computer.

“Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.” (Galatians 5:19–21)

This is people after the New Birth. Only in this state can we choose what is good.

“But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. And they that are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts. If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.” (Galatians 5:22–26)

Such were SOME of you.... not...such were ALL of you. You miss these little details that change everything.

1 Cor. 6:10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So if your people can do good works before Jesus saves them, he doesn't need to save them.

Jesus died for the sins of the whole world. Your idea of "saved" is from your indoctrination in religion. The bible doesn't think the way you do. The bible isn't religious.

God will judge the works of men...after this world. At the GWT. read Mat. 25...the sheep and the goats.

A Christian is given grace to produce holy fruit so he/she can reign with Christ...not just "get saved" as you think.

So the gospel is about glory...but you are still playing in puddles of...getting saved.

Let the river flow. Get into the life that is in Jesus and stop (Sabbath) being so religious. Religion is death.

Reactions: faithfulness
D

Dave L

Such were SOME of you.... not...such were ALL of you. You miss these little details that change everything.

1 Cor. 6:10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.
This is what we are saying. Unless born again, only corrupt fruit that looks good exists.

D

Dave L

Jesus died for the sins of the whole world. Your idea of "saved" is from your indoctrination in religion. The bible doesn't think the way you do. The bible isn't religious.

God will judge the works of men...after this world. At the GWT. read Mat. 25...the sheep and the goats.

A Christian is given grace to produce holy fruit so he/she can reign with Christ...not just "get saved" as you think.

So the gospel is about glory...but you are still playing in puddles of...getting saved.

Let the river flow. Get into the life that is in Jesus and stop (Sabbath) being so religious. Religion is death.
Again, if they were good like you say, Jesus died in vain.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Again, if they were good like you say, Jesus died in vain.

Not at all. Jesus paid the price for the righteous as well as sinners. Jesus paid the price for all 3 types of sin. All people need Christ. But not all are called to follow Him. MANY are called...not ALL are called. So then you again are missing the gospel.

D

Dave L

Not at all. Jesus paid the price for the righteous as well as sinners. Jesus paid the price for all 3 types of sin. All people need Christ. But not all are called to follow Him. MANY are called...not ALL are called. So then you again are missing the gospel.
“As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:” (Romans 3:10)

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Here is a verse in the NT that shows that you don't understand...

Luke 1:5 There was in the days of Herod, the king of Judaea, a certain priest named Zacharias, of the course of Abia: and his wife was of the daughters of Aaron, and her name was Elisabeth.
6 And they were both righteous before God, walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless.

They were not even Christian...

Reactions: faithfulness

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I said that the religious disease in the church is not limited to WBC. It is a result of every man thinking what He wants...in a free world. It is inevitable. WBC is just an extreme case.

In post (#22), you called their faith 'human belief' and 'weird faith'. In post (#24) you said 'not just them'. So according to you this is the definition of who I call a Christian, which I stated as 'one who places faith in Jesus Christ and is born-again. This is what you are calling 'human belief' and 'weird faith'.

Stranger

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Are you stuck in a rut....are you a robot that just spews out the same verses out over and over again? Many robots visit the site. I wondered about how the robots did it.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
In post (#22), you called their faith 'human belief' and 'weird faith'. In post (#24) you said 'not just them'. So according to you this is the definition of who I call a Christian, which I stated as 'one who places faith in Jesus Christ and is born-again. This is what you are calling 'human belief' and 'weird faith'.

Stranger

Define born-again.