What am I? Calvinist...or Arminian? Or something in between?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I am sorry brakelite that your attempt at clarification has been pulled into the dirt. It is clear to me that those claiming superior knowledge are no more than clanging bells and tinkling cymbals.

It is no surprise that such illustrious monikers given for themselves are nothing but an attempt at self glorification. As you no doubt know, this practice has been pursued throughout history.

...Good one Quiet...well said. Thumb.gif

Reactions: brakelite

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Keeping everybody straighten my mind it's difficult at times.

I believe you are a Jehovah's Witness. Is that correct?

Last time I looked he was not.... :)

But you hang more on which boxes we all fit into than I do.

Do you have a box for me yet? LOL
JW is one I have not been through on my 57 years...
Enjoyed the Brethren when young...my dad too us along.
Been Methodist, again when young...did Church Of England and was a bell ringer when I was young.
Saved in an old Mission Hall in England in 1964 ... then got heavily into The Pentecostal.
Moved on, into Free House Church. Then the Glory People, Word Of Faith, and then into the Sonship Movement for about 20 years.

Learned something from each... I don't have a box. LOL

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Last time I looked he was not.... :)

But you hang more on which boxes we all fit into than I do.

Do you have a box for me yet? LOL
JW is one I have not been through on my 57 years...
Enjoyed the Brethren when young...my dad too us along.
Been Methodist, again when young...did Church Of England and was a bell ringer when I was young.
Saved in an old Mission Hall in England in 1964 ... then got heavily into The Pentecostal.
Moved on, into Free House Church. Then the Glory People, Word Of Faith, and then into the Sonship Movement for about 20 years.

Learned something from each... I don't have a box. LOL

It appears you have Moved deeper into Pentecostal circles.

Not familiar with some living in the US.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It appears you have Moved deeper into Pentecostal circles.

Not familiar with some living in the US.

When we moved over here from England...we went to a Pentecostal Church meeting...we were never so shocked. It was the most removed from the Holy Ghost experience , women over one side, men over the other side. It was so depressing, no joy, ..then someone told us that Pentecostal "over here" is nothing at all like the joyous free open church meeting of England!!

I am more Pentecostal /charismatic by experience, than I am by the named group. I am nondenominational .

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am sorry brakelite that your attempt at clarification has been pulled into the dirt. It is clear to me that those claiming superior knowledge are no more than clanging bells and tinkling cymbals.

It is no surprise that such illustrious monikers given for themselves are nothing but an attempt at self glorification. As you no doubt know, this practice has been pursued throughout history.
Unfortunately all you are offering is malice, discord, divisiveness and insults on those who've offered up contextually interpreted Scripture and biblical answers. No need for you to resort to such behavior.

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here's how it is: Don't address where you've been shown as taking scripture out of context, don't go reread Scripture to grasp context, don't accept correction, avoid altogether the points made, avoid texts that clearly refute you, pit Scripture against Scripture.

Instead? Come back and offer up insults, make fun of others monikers, call a few names, make inflammatory comments, sow discord, cause division. And act smug.

Yep. That's Christian...

Congrats @brakelite and @quietthinker. You've shown us all how not to react.

Last edited:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Unfortunately all you are offering is malice, discord, divisiveness and insults

You obviously haven't been here long enough to know who is who...
@quietthinker is the last person to be malicious, discordant or divisive!!:eek: ( @brakelite too)

' Quiet ' and I don't always see eye to eye on things. But I respect him , and you should too.

B

brakelite

Those who don't hold your views are extreme, are shooting Bible bullets,
No, those who do not take into account all scripture because they view some scripture as contrary to their opinion, are extreme. It is they who use certain verses they can agree with as bullets.
Understanding that election and salvation are 100% of God
Is no problem. What becomes a problem is the exclusion and ignoring the many verses in scripture that declare that, yes, that word 'whosoever', shall believe, shall be saved. Not whosoever God determines to save.
Yet you're in the right, but choose to ridicule and offer inflammatory insults?
Inflammatory only to those who choose to wear the cap, and it fits. In other words I have predetermined that those who ignore some scripture in order to sustain a particular hermeneutic, are acting in a manner that is mindless and insane. It is your choice whether or not you wear that particular cap...I am not coercing you to wear it.

B

brakelite

So says the SDA cult member.
This coming from an ex-intelligent member of the military and a politician. Credentials you often present as evidence of your credibility...seriously? You place me in a box that you have prejudice against, then promote your own "box" , politics and spycraft, as being worthy of respect and a credible testimony to your beliefs?
I believe you are a Jehovah's Witness. Is that correct?
No, he is not. So much for your "intelligence". What does it matter what he "is". Judge him for what he says...not for what he belongs to...if anything.

Reactions: Helen

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When we moved over here from England...we went to a Pentecostal Church meeting...we were never so shocked. It was the most removed from the Holy Ghost experience , women over one side, men over the other side. It was so depressing, no joy, ..then someone told us that Pentecostal "over here" is nothing at all like the joyous free open church meeting of England!!

I am more Pentecostal /charismatic by experience, than I am by the named group. I am nondenominational .

I have been to a couple of Pentecostal meetings. Never saw the men and women divided but also never saw a hint of the presence the Holy Spirit.

Babbling, fake crying, rolling on the floor, all the things Paul's to knock off.

Dividing male and female I think ended the US when the shakers, dancers, laughers and those types died off.

While I believe in gifts of the spirit I do not believe in what Pentecostalism teaches.

I know what my gifts are but I don't think they are to be publicized.

Reactions: brakelite

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This coming from an ex-intelligent member of the military and a politician. Credentials you often present as evidence of your credibility...seriously? You place me in a box that you have prejudice against, then promote your own "box" , politics and spycraft, as being worthy of respect and a credible testimony to your beliefs?

No, he is not. So much for your "intelligence". What does it matter what he "is". Judge him for what he says...not for what he belongs to...if anything.

Who are you to evaluate the implications of being an elective office working intelligence? You know nothing about either.

A lot of people think they do but they don't.

B

brakelite

I have been to a couple of Pentecostal meetings. Never saw the men and women divided but also never saw a hint of the presence the Holy Spirit.

Babbling, fake crying, rolling on the floor, all the things Paul's to knock off.

Dividing male and female I think ended the US when the shakers, dancers, laughers and those types died off.

While I believe in gifts of the spirit I do not believe in what Pentecostalism teaches.

I know what my gifts are but I don't think they are to be publicized.
I spent several years in the Pentecostal movement, and while I did not witness any of the extremes we see on you tube etc, I agree with you that the gifts of the Spirit are not for our own selfish feel-good experience, but for the furtherance of the gospel and the service to neighbours.

B

brakelite

Who are you to evaluate the implications of being an elective office working intelligence? You know nothing about either.

A lot of people think they do but they don't.
Like prophets...we judge them by their fruits. And I have as much right to "box" you into a certain prejudicial mindset as you have claimed as your right to do the same with others on this site...judging them by their denominational preferences as opposed to their testimony and their fruits. We don't overcome the world, or sin, by our correct doctrines, but by the blood of the Lamb and the word of our testimony. Correct doctrine is important, because without correct doctrine we won't have a testimony...our testimony...the fruits of the Spirit as revealed in our life...are testament to our correct doctrines.

Reactions: Helen

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Like Jesus said of certain religious folk of his day, 'leave them, they are blind guides' and 'they have their reward already'.
What I notice in these statements is, once Jesus had their measure he left them to their favoured delusions.

The scripture tells us Jesus accommodated those who where hungry. Many of those were of ill repute. Their hunger was lost on those he called blind guides. They didn't give a toss for the lost sheep; they cared only for their image, their self glorification and inevitably their power.

I have learnt that one of Satans tactics is to attempt to rope me into debates under the guise of sharing the gospel when those I am attempting to share it with have no real interest, the exercise serving only to flatter the ego; the resulting fruit being a disturbed peace and zero progress on any level. I imagine it was to situations of this nature that Jesus made the statements quoted above.

I have found a treasure and am happy to share it with those who seek treasure but for those who feel they need to dissect the simplest statements, to use scripture to fight scripture, for those who want to categorise re the various available 'clubs', for those who feel the need to go into lengthy explanations with Greek or Latin or whatever other language to win brownie points for their accumulated wisdom, I have no time for.

Reactions: brakelite and Helen

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Like prophets...we judge them by their fruits. And I have as much right to "box" you into a certain prejudicial mindset as you have claimed as your right to do the same with others on this site...judging them by their denominational preferences as opposed to their testimony and their fruits. We don't overcome the world, or sin, by our correct doctrines, but by the blood of the Lamb and the word of our testimony. Correct doctrine is important, because without correct doctrine we won't have a testimony...our testimony...the fruits of the Spirit as revealed in our life...are testament to our correct doctrines.

Fruits according to the Bible. Not cult or false doctrine beliefs.

You started the SDA thread and SDA was soundly rejected by the respondents. Not just me.

I asked him if he was JW because I believe in another thread that was stated. Asked, did not tell him he was.

As for being in politics you have zero experience to judge that by. Even less with Intelligence.

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Like Jesus said of certain religious folk of his day, 'leave them, they are blind guides' and 'they have their reward already'.
What I notice in these statements is, once Jesus had their measure he left them to their favoured delusions.

The scripture tells us Jesus accommodated those who where hungry. Many of those were of ill repute. Their hunger was lost on those he called blind guides. They didn't give a toss for the lost sheep; they cared only for their image, their self glorification and inevitably their power.

I have learnt that one of Satans tactics is to attempt to rope me into debates under the guise of sharing the gospel when those I am attempting to share it with have no real interest, the exercise serving only to flatter the ego; the resulting fruit being a disturbed peace and zero progress on any level. I imagine it was to situations of this nature that Jesus made the statements quoted above.

I have found a treasure and am happy to share it with those who seek treasure but for those who feel they need to dissect the simplest statements, to use scripture to fight scripture, for those who want to categorise re the various available 'clubs', for those who feel the need to go into lengthy explanations with Greek or Latin or whatever other language to win brownie points for their accumulated wisdom, I have no time for.
More inflammatory insults, name calling, false assertions, discord, divisiveness and then it's congratulated by those of your ilk.

Reactions: SovereignGrace

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
More inflammatory insults, name calling, false assertions, discord, divisiveness and then it's congratulated by those of your ilk.

Welcome to forum life! Hahaha!

You came of your own free will...you don’t have to stay.

If the heat is too much for you, just get out of the kitchen ....