What are man-made sins?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Correct.
The man-made sins did not occur during the era of the bible, not counting the Jews trying to push the kosher dietary requirements on the Christians. That was done with people trying to prove themselves more....righteous...the lazy way....not more correct by what you do....but by what you don't do. As it is today...the most righteous....whatever... person would be the guy that lived in a closet.

Somewhat so, yes. The Essenes were actually very stringent and took merkevah baths incessantly to maintain ritual purity in the sight of God. But "living in the closet" isn't too far from the truth, LoL. It was actually a mountain, mind you, so more of a really tall, hard to climb closet. But the same extreme separatist theme applied.

israel_0036.jpg

Reactions: Grailhunter

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Aaah, I think I have it now...you mean LEGALISM ....weights on the shoulder that God did not put there.... or, what I call "Ought-ism".

When I was first saved I was told to not wear makeup any more. It was a sin of the flesh. I was told my skirt was too short. I was told to not wear my bright coloured clothes any more. ( it made me a sinner because I went ahead anyway, except when I went 'to church' until one day I bumped into the Pastor while out shopping...and felt naked before him) .... I was told I must do nothing in the morning before I had read my bible and spent time in prayer...the religion of oughtism . Not one of these thing did I hear from God, but only from man.
Gee H. No wonder you think I'm legalistic!
I was never told to not do anything....(what does that mean?)
I was never given a list of what NOT TO DO.
We honor God by faith....
To the pure all things are pure....
I do think women should dress pretty modestly...you know, I don't want to look like my grandma, but...I don't want to look like Cher either.

I can't even THINK of any man-made sins.
Looks like I'm a freer spirit than you were/are??

What do you think?

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I can't even THINK of any man-made sins.
Looks like I'm a freer spirit than you were/are??

Oh I was a free spirit alright, because I did not obey all I was told that I 'should not be doing" ...hence my bikini story!!! :D

Now when GOD speaks to modify, to do or not do something...THAT is a different story. :) But mans rules and regulations...phuttt

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Oh I was a free spirit alright, because I did not obey all I was told that I 'should not be doing" ...hence my bikini story!!! :D

Now when GOD speaks to modify, to do or not do something...THAT is a different story. :) But mans rules and regulations...phuttt
Oh yeah.
What's phuttt?
Is that a Canadian language word?

P.S. I agree with you!

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Somewhat so, yes. The Essenes were actually very stringent and took merkevah baths incessantly to maintain ritual purity in the sight of God. But "living in the closet" isn't too far from the truth, LoL. It was actually a mountain, mind you, so more of a really tall, hard to climb closet. But the same extreme separatist theme applied.

israel_0036.jpg

Not disagreeing with you....I know all that history...I keep up with the study of the dead sea scrolls.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To the pure all things are pure....

Yes. I think the command was, "All things are lawful, but not all things edify (i.e. others). All things are lawful, but I will not be ruled over by any." But in and of themselves, the general principle applies that to the pure all things are pure.
I do think women should dress pretty modestly...you know, I don't want to look like my grandma, but...I don't want to look like Cher either.

LoL. Cher was sometimes pretty kept compared to some of the stuff I've seen in church.
You're too much!
rofl.gif

But sometimes I'm just the right amount!
I have to continually remind myself, "All things in moderation... All things in moderation..." :p

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes. I think the command was, "All things are lawful, but not all things edify (i.e. others). All things are lawful, but I will not be ruled over by any." But in and of themselves, the general principle applies that to the pure all things are pure.

LoL. Cher was sometimes pretty kept compared to some of the stuff I've seen in church.

I have to continually remind myself, "All things in moderation... All things in moderation..." :p

lol on all of this!

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not disagreeing with you....I know all that history...I keep up with the study of the dead sea scrolls.

Reading through them right now, which I suppose is why I'm so on about the Essenes at the moment : )
But they perfectly apply. Nine miles of the "traditions of man" as opposed to hearing and practicing the true oracles of God.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy

Yeah. Looks like all girls have that unique cher look these days...
(you know...when she wasn't "kept")

and OK.
You're perfect...OK.
Happy now?

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reading through them right now, which I suppose is why I'm so on about the Essenes at the moment : )
But they perfectly apply. Nine miles of the "traditions of man" as opposed to hearing and practicing the true oracles of God.

I am with you all the way. Waiting for that next cave of writings to be found.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
When in Rome do as the Romans do...I drink beer with the Catholics at their picnics and play their games of chance. You know what I am talking about....never have been the shorts kind of guy. lol
Well, my good man, I do believe that if you don't wear shorts you just won't blend in with them there catholics. We'll have to get you a pair for the next picnic.

In the meantime,,,keep drinking the beer and hope you win at the game of chance.

It would get you the money needed to buy the shorts.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, my good man, I do believe that if you don't wear shorts you just won't blend in with them there catholics. We'll have to get you a pair for the next picnic.

In the meantime,,,keep drinking the beer and hope you win at the game of chance.

It would get you the money needed to buy the shorts.

The way I am unusually dressed is kind of official. lol And the ladies have to drag me out on the dance floor. Fellowship, good people, good food, good times. There autumn stuff is great.

Reactions: GodsGrace

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah. Looks like all girls have that unique cher look these days...
(you know...when she wasn't "kept")

I won't comment... (on the wonders of such a unique look, LoL).
and OK.
You're perfect...OK.
Happy now?

Oddly enough, No <headscratches>

I thought it would feel better than this... Something's still amiss...
Go find Ralph. I need some advice!

Reactions: GodsGrace

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
I won't comment... (on the wonders of such a unique look, LoL).

Oddly enough, No <headscratches>

I thought it would feel better than this... Something's still amiss...
Go find Ralph. I need some advice!
Wha????
Being perfect doesn't feel good?
Yeah buddy, you need Ralph,,,
and bad.
We'll go get him tomorrow evening...
It's late now and he's probably relaxing in his mountain retreat.

Reactions: Hidden In Him

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
The way I am unusually dressed is kind of official. lol And the ladies have to drag me out on the dance floor. Fellowship, good people, good food, good times. There autumn stuff is great.
You got ladies dragging you out on the dance floor?
Where did you say this was?
The guys on this thread want to know.