what are so many mean people here?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
dripping yellow madness said:
wow! that was really well said! thank you.
Hey KCKID now tell her or him how homosexuality is not a sin, now that you have her all buttered up LOL

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
I cant help but think there is an implied joke in there about homosexuality and buttering some one up? haha!
I'm sorry let me explain. KCKID and safarijack came to this forum several weeks ago and voted in a thread that homosexuality is not a sin and spent their entire time in that one thread excusing homosexuality as a sin. Now he's here buttering you up with the love and bubbles theology buttering you up with this post.

KCKID said:
Your levity seems to be a little misplaced ...but then, why not, you are you . . . By the way, I 'cleaned' up your post a little so that it's easier to read. :)

I do tend to agree with you about the Jesus=recipe for pound cake analogy. That's the problem when the Bible is seen as equalling Jesus. People concentrate on the rules so much that ...well, they can't see the forest for the trees. While Christians would probably be loathe to admit this, there is often much narcissism - and, yes, nastiness - involved in their belief system. Even when they present reams and reams of scriptures - and some do! - usually with which to demean someone else they do so from a perspective of self-righteousness. They really do believe that those they preach to - in a condescending and nasty tone if need be - are deserving of such because they are perceived as being 'the sinner'.

Oh, by the way ...all nastiness, sarcasm and insults are presented in the spirit of l-o-v-e . . . :rolleyes:
You replied with

wow! that was really well said! thank you.
Now I'm asking when KCKID is going to take you to the next level, that homosexuality is not a sin. Hes got you all buttered up with his anti-biblical anti judgment doctrine,
Is this your brand of understanding from the bible? That we should all just be as KCKID says in his post "but then, why not, you are you" and he is he or she I don't know which or maybe he/she.

Regardless of what you think I'm sure others here understand exactly what I'm referring to.

Mar 8, 2013
homosexuality is a sin just as lying is a sin as jaywalking is a sin as cheating on your taxs is a sin. we can argue the libertarain standpoint all we want in regards to just what is a social sin and what is a sin that reduces our holyness. but after all isnt that what it all comes down too? Society defining OUR holiness rahter than our holiness defining society?

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
KCKID said:
Welcome to the world of Christianity!

This is the typical scenerio:
I'm right and you're wrong, God agrees with me!
No! I'M right and YOU are wrong. God agrees with me!!
Have you not read the Bible? It says that YOU are wrong!
Have YOU not read the Bible? It says that YOU are wrong!!
Are you even a Christian?
What? It's YOU whose Christianity is questionable!
Etc, etc. etc.

You know what the main problem is? Most Christians believe the Bible to BE God! They haven't learned yet - and their leaders are not helping them - that 'God/Jesus' has little to do with the scriptures per se but MUCH MORE to do with being a 'heart' thing. I believe that unless this is rectified and the 'no frills' Gospel message is preached 'as is' AS IT SHOULD BE, the wheels will eventually fall off and mainstream Chistianity will crumble into a messy heap.
Reminds me of a good book called 'the Idolatry of God'

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
aspen2 said:
Reminds me of a good book called 'the Idolatry of God'
Madness let me introduce to you aspen he a resident pro catholic pro homosexuality advocate. AKA love and bubbles

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
who made you the MC, Rex? If you are going to give me resume, at least get it right.

JB_Reformed Baptist

Many are called but few are chosen.
Feb 23, 2013
AUSTRALIA
Rex said:
And some that are pulling at the wheels so hard I'm afraid their going to get a hernia LOL
527.gif
Queen James ring any bells wheel puller LOL
LOL!

homosexuality is a sin just as lying is a sin as jaywalking is a sin as cheating on your taxs is a sin. we can argue the libertarain standpoint all we want in regards to just what is a social sin and what is a sin that reduces our holyness. but after all isnt that what it all comes down too? Society defining OUR holiness rahter than our holiness defining society?
So I guess if you've killed one you've killed them all. I wonder whether Hitler would get such a hearing as the one you suggest. All sins are not equal before God. Humanistic 'mumbo jumbo'.

meshak

Mar 18, 2013
Arnie Manitoba said:
I am still waiting for meshak to define ... "militant trinity christian"
They have been ostracizing and have killed non-trins as non-believers even though they are faithful to Jesus actual walk with Jesus. Trinity churches have been approving to kill their enemy by being pro-military even though Jesus says to love your enemy.

They sure are militant "christians" to me. Jesus says we know them by their fruit, not by saying Jesus is God or believe in the trinity.

Jesus is not militant Savior, He is prince of peace.

blessings.

williemac

Apr 29, 2012
Canada
meshak said:
They have been ostracizing and have killed non-trins as non-believers even though they are faithful to Jesus actual walk with Jesus. Trinity churches have been approving to kill their enemy by being pro-military even though Jesus says to love your enemy.

They sure are militant "christians" to me. Jesus says we know them by their fruit, not by saying Jesus is God or believe in the trinity.

Jesus is not militant Savior, He is prince of peace.

blessings.
In 33 years as a Christian, I have never been to nor heard of any organization or person behaving this way towards non trinitarians. The subject of the trinity really only surfaces in these debate sites. As I said before, it is you who are condemning us, not the other way around. So by your own definition, you are the militant one. After all, do you not ostracize the trinty believers? The log is in the eye. Do you think that this kind of tactic will have any effect, as though the problem is the belief in the trinity? I'm sorry, but I see plenty of fruit in trinity chuches, and non trinity chruches alike.

Jesus said no greater love is there than to lay one's life down for his friends. Those who do so for the freedom of their fellow man are appreciated by some, and hated by .....you? Please say it isn't so.

The fact is that no one here would have known your opposition to the trinty doctrine if you had not announced it. What I see is that you come here and provoke people and then cry foul for their reaction. There is a double standard here.

meshak

Mar 18, 2013
williemac said:
In 33 years as a Christian, I have never been to nor heard of any organization or person behaving this way towards non trinitarians. The subject of the trinity really only surfaces in these debate sites. As I said before, it is you who are condemning us, not the other way around. So by your own definition, you are the militant one. After all, do you not ostracize the trinty believers? The log is in the eye. Do you think that this kind of tactic will have any effect, as though the problem is the belief in the trinity? I'm sorry, but I see plenty of fruit in trinity chuches, and non trinity chruches alike.

Jesus said no greater love is there than to lay one's life down for his friends. Those who do so for the freedom of their fellow man are appreciated by some, and hated by .....you? Please say it isn't so.

The fact is that no one here would have known your opposition to the trinty doctrine if you had not announced it. What I see is that you come here and provoke people and then cry foul for their reaction. There is a double standard here.
It is no secret that trinity churches fingerprint at non-trins as cult. What do you call that? Do you know that what RCC and John Calvin did to non-trins?

Do you think is loving Christians do to their enemy country to join the military and kill them against Jesus' command of love your enemy?

You guys have been dismissing Jesus' word in your actual practice which is your fruit. Jesus says we know them by their fruit. And I have saying this over and over and you trinity believers still dismissing them. just amazing.

stefen

Mar 3, 2013
Chennai, India
This topic itself seems to be childish to me. Hope all of us here are matured socially. We are not here to play games or gimmicks or play jokes or fool the people here.
And we are not machines here. We have not been cloned or photocopied to behave in single thought. Even twins grown up in similar conditions cannot (will not) think in same way. So, every human has different nature, they think differently. They understand bible differently. For clarification, they come to these type of forums to discuss and it would be difficult to convince from the procedure they have followed from years, here the argument starts and disturbed / emotional / sensitive people will expose with non professional words.

Anyhow moderators are there to take care of abusing / non christian words used here.

Keep going. if you can, do good. otherwise keep quite. Be blessed.

Justin Mangonel

Nov 7, 2012
Dear D,

I agree that some here on this forum are very mean spirited. Some, however, are not. I think that still others come across strong in their beliefs in the written word but might be more loveable in person.

The church in general is filled with people are generally nice but tend to turn rather ugly once they get beyond their doctrinal box. The true test of a Christians is if they can still be nice when you disagree with them.

I think calling names is very unchristlike.

Blessings,

Justin

Guestman

Nov 11, 2009
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This place is no fun at all! everyone calling people names and herattics and worse! You should be shamed of yourselfs. Jesus and Moses and God and being born atgain is really easy., all the silly stuff you argu about is so hurtful! but that is my 2 cents! haha!
The name calling and "threats" are not part of true Christianity, but is a display of the "world". When Jesus met up with the Jews, these vehemently argued with Jesus who sought to extol their fleshly ancestry of Abraham as having merit, but Jesus said to them: "I know you are Abraham's offspring; but you are seeking to kill me, because my word makes no progress among you."(John 8:37)

Likewise, throughout history, especially from the 2nd C.E. century onward, was there developing a counterfeit Christianity, so that by the 4th century it came to be in full bloom, and came to be known as Christendom. Jesus words made "no progress" among them. Jesus foretold of the true Christianity that he established would apostasize or "fall away" in an illustration at Matthew 13:24-30, whereby the display of love would be a front, not part of a person's personality.

These false Christians began to flourish "while men were sleeping" (Matt 13:25) or after the death of the apostles. Even while the apostles were alive, there were some who became as "oppressive wolves", entering in right among the Christian congregation to snatch unwary ones as well as "from among you yourselves men will rise and speak twisted things to draw away the disciples after themselves."(Acts 20:29, 30) These "oppressive wolves" passed their own hostile and dominating characteristics to the ones they snatched away as well as those within the Christian congregation showing a haughty and arrogant attitude, and in which it was passed down to others.

The apostle Peter made note of "false prophets among the people" as well as "false teachers" who would "quietly bring in destructive sects and disown even the owner (Jesus Christ) that bought them." These would display acts of "loose conduct", easily ill-tempered.(2 Pet 2:1, 2) The apostle Paul wrote that "bad associations spoil useful habits".(1 Cor 15:33) Hence, these "false teachers" gave to their "students" personality traits what they had, of being pushy and domineering, using cutting speech.

At Proverbs 14, it says: "The one faithless at heart will be satisfied with the results of his ways, but the good man with the results of his dealings."(Prov 14:14) A person who no concern for others, despite professing being a "Christian", will say things that offend without regard for the other person, saying in effect, "that's just the way I am, take it or leave it". On the other hand, a "good man", one who made application of the Bible and Jesus words, a genuine Christian, will reflect upon his dealings with others, asking himself if he could have done it better or with more tact and love.

Justin Mangonel

Nov 7, 2012
Dear All,

There is a difference, in my opinion, between earnestly defending the faith and earnestly degrading the faith. Yes, Jesus spoke truth to the point that it even made people angry but He seemed to always have compassion. The wounds of a friend are faithful yet the wounds of an enemy simply maim. Truth without compassion is a dead thing and unprofitable. I fully agree with the OP and I think that everyone should speak kindly to each other even when speaking difficult things.

Blessings,

Justin

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia
That's a really good observation....and sadly it's often too true.
It's frustrating enough that as society changes it pressures Christianity to 'keep up with the times'....but it's even worse when you see Churches bowing to such pressure, and changing it's 'morals' to fit with society's, rather than Gods. We know God to be unchanging...why then do we think that just because society does, that God will also??? God doesn't need to evolve, he is perfect how he is, how he always has been. And I think it's just ludicrous to say "excuse me God...you must have got that wrong, 'cause those people over there say so..."

meshak said:
You guys have been dismissing Jesus' word in your actual practice which is your fruit. Jesus says we know them by their fruit. And I have saying this over and over and you trinity believers still dismissing them. just amazing.

No, we haven't been dismissing Jesus' words. In fact many of us have given you Jesus' words.
If any 'dismissing' has been going on here, it's been done by you. You are not here to have conversations with us, you are here to judge and to slander and spread your beliefs. I have yet to see you enter into a real conversation with anyone. Your standard reply to almost everything is this:

"Jesus says we know them by their fruit, not by saying Jesus is God or believe in the trinity.
Jesus is not militant Savior, He is prince of peace"

There is only so many times you can say the same thing Meshak...people here have you pegged now. You misrepresent scripture and when people show you other scriptures to disprove your take, you don't try to stand for your views, not with reason or with scripture. You fall back on your repeated replies which are unfounded, untrue and sadly have no more weight than a child saying 'well, you're just silly!"
I'm very sorry we cannot have a meaningful conversation...I'm sure you could have gained much understanding into what you now hate. And yes....you do hate us...your posts have shown that unequivocally, and well...I hate to point it out...but Jesus does tell us not to hate.....

Reactions: williemac

meshak

Mar 18, 2013

No, we haven't been dismissing Jesus' words.

Rack,

I will list the things
you guys are dismissing.

1)trinity churches finger point at non-trins,
calling them cults,

2) approving to kill your enemy by approving the
military practice of Christians.

3) they have history of killing
non-trins just because they dont agree with your doctrine of trinity.

4)Jesus did not say you have to be trinity believers to be his servant.
there are many, many non-trins who are serving Jesus as their Lord and Savior
including myself.

5)Jesus says we know them by their fruit. Those
vicious fruits are not of Jesus. Jesus says to come out of Babylon, yet trinity
churches dont acknowledge these facts I am pointing out.

6)Jesus'
servants have responsibility to spread true Jesus. Jesus is godly and holy. Yet
trinity churches are not representing Him as holy and godly when His followers
are tolerating hateful practice.

And the question:

7)Why do you
claim I am spreading hate just because I spread the facts and reality of trinity
churches in fact trinity churches are the one who are producing hateful fruit?

blessings.

williemac

Apr 29, 2012
Canada
meshak said:
It is no secret that trinity churches fingerprint at non-trins as cult. What do you call that? Do you know that what RCC and John Calvin did to non-trins?

Do you think is loving Christians do to their enemy country to join the military and kill them against Jesus' command of love your enemy?

In the first place, the very reason that God is doing away with those who oppose Him, is not because He hates them, but rather because He loves us. We need protection from those who rebel and oppose God. If a dog attacks one of your children, what is your response? There will be no hesitation, I bet. This is not an act of hatred for dogs. Obviously you have yet to grasp the concept that it is a loving thing to protect another person from harm.

There was a time when even God commanded His children to kill their enemies. How do you explain that? The fact is, the most literal definition of the command is.." You shall not murder". You see, this is not about hating anyone, but rather protecting those whom we love. If God can kill His enemies, then righteousness allows for this. God is righteous.

As well, I have called your comments bigotry, and I stand by that. The majority of believers in Christ have a viewpoint that allows for some sort of acceptance in the truine nature of God. There is much debate and discussion amongst us as to just what this nature is and how it can be defined. In the end, it is a mystery. That being said, because the majority are trinity friendly, then whenever there are abuses and atrocities that come from a group or individual, it will be very likey that they believe in the trinity.
That is not all that they have in common. They all believe Christ died for sin, as do you. But there will always be some who commit offenses. The fact is, the rest of us are as appalled at these as you are. So I take extreme offense that you are finding one thing that we have in common with the offenders and using that to lump us all together as though our belief in the trinity is causing every last person to be exactly the same. I have scarcely heard anything so ridiculous. Not since I encountered someone from the UPC years ago. Do you honestly think that this is a formula? Believe in the trinity and you automatically become an ogre? Snap out of it, bro. Snap out of it.

meshak said:

Rack,

I will list the things
you guys are dismissing.

calling them cults,
This is not across the board. Many of us don't think it is essential to believe n the trinity to be saved. However, there are some groups who think that believing in the trinity means you can't be saved. What is worse?

meshak

Mar 18, 2013
Williamac:

I will list the things
you guys are dismissing.

calling them cults,

2) approving to kill your enemy by approving the
military practice of Christians.

4)Jesus did not say you have to be trinity believers to be his servant.
there are many, many non-trins who are serving Jesus as their Lord and Savior
including myself.

6)Jesus'

And the question:

7)Why do you
claim I am spreading hate just because I spread the facts and reality of trinity

blessings.

williemac

Apr 29, 2012
Canada
williemac said:

This is not across the board. Many of us don't think it is essential to believe n the trinity to be saved. However, there are some groups who think that believing in the trinity means you can't be saved. What is worse?
meshak said:

Rack,

I will list the things
you guys are dismissing.

6)Jesus'

And the question:

7)Why do you

blessings.
#3...Get over it. There were brutal killings in ancient times for any number of reasons. If this even did happen, it would have been isolated and practiced by a minority.

#5. Jesus is not commanding anyone to get out of Babylon. There is a prophecy of a loud voice crying " Come out of her"
Get out and come out are not the same. The reality is that this is the loud shout that will be heard in the resurrection, also known as the rapture. It is a beckoning, not a command. We will leave Babylon when we leave this earth.

#6. No one is tolerating hateful practice, as I have already shared. Protection is not hatred. It is love. Even the human body has an immune system with little proteins (enzymes, probiotics) that seek out and destroy harmful entities.

#7. Half truths, partial truths, and outright slander, is more like it.