what are some of the silliest things that you have had a conflict over?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TruthSeeker2012

Mar 9, 2012
How do such silly controversies become such huge disagreements?

The answer comes down to one word, "PRIDE", and pride began in Satan. And the opposite to PRIDE is HUMILITY taught to us by Jesus, and is one of the most important goals for a Christian to reach and which helps silly controversies disappear before they become huge disagreements.

God bless.

pegasus1982

Mar 22, 2012
I don't know if this is really silly, but i had a conflict over a statement i readed on a forum, that showed picture of galaxies and boldly told : "message to all theists: the universe doesn't revolve around you!!".

I got mad and told them that the world theism means nothing and you can't say "theists do this or that", that christianity doesn't revolve around man, that this was a childish and unfair insult, that science never proved faith in God to be wrong and never will.

There was a debate with insults, and at i also mocked them saying "Atheism: in the beginning there was nothing, and then it exploded" .

I was a bad christian. Even now i am not able to go there and apologize.

TruthSeeker2012

Mar 9, 2012
I don't know if this is really silly, but i had a conflict over a statement i readed on a forum, that showed picture of galaxies and boldly told : "message to all theists: the universe doesn't revolve around you!!".

I got mad and told them that the world theism means nothing and you can't say "theists do this or that", that christianity doesn't revolve around man, that this was a childish and unfair insult, that science never proved faith in God to be wrong and never will.

There was a debate with insults, and at i also mocked them saying "Atheism: in the beginning there was nothing, and then it exploded" .

I was a bad christian. Even now i am not able to go there and apologize.

Don't beat yourself up too much pegasus1982, it's obvious you love Jesus and the truth very much and you passionately want to defend God.

But I have learned to leave unbelievers and Atheists alone and let them believe their lies.

Many Atheists, when asked this question, will usually answer YES, "Do you believe life may exist somewhere in the universe besides Earth?".  However, when you ask them if God exists, then say, "NO!". Yet a minute ago they admitted that life may exist somewhere else in the universe, yet then they claim God does not exist. It's funny to watch these Atheists run around like headless chickens not knowing what they are doing or believing, they are so closed minded and arrogant and proud.

Do what I do...leave Atheists and unbelievers alone! They have made their choice to reject Jesus. They will either accept Jesus or not, in their own time! And most non-believers have already made their choice to reject Jesus. They hate the idea of God, they hate it and they would be eternally miserable in heaven even if you gave them a free ticket to enter. We have been through this before, millions of angels were already in heaven, yet they become miserable and eventually were thrown out of heaven!

Be happy for the Atheists and unbelievers, because they are happy being Atheist and unbelievers, because that choice make them happy and I respect peoples rights to have their own free will and own beliefs. Besides, they would be miserable in heaven anyway.

God and heaven is not for everyone and majority of humans will not be there from their own free will. God and I respects their right to hate and reject Jesus. And even if they got into heaven, they would be eternally unhappy there.

If God forced Satan, his angels and all Atheists and unbelievers who reject Jesus into heaven, it would be eternal torment for them there.

Romans 1:20 For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.

Psalm 14:1 The fool says in his heart, "There is no God." They are corrupt, their deeds are vile..

Let the Atheists and unbelievers fools perish in their lies, because they refused to love the truth! They would be miserable in heaven anyway so it's better they are destroyed in the lake of fire when Jesus returns!

And remember, we have been through this before, millions of angels were already in heaven, yet they become miserable, and stood against God, and eventually were thrown out of heaven and they would be eternally miserable in God forced them to live in heaven! So even if you were able to get an Atheist or unbeliever into heaven, after a short time they will become very unhappy there and not want to be in heaven! Have you thought about that?

2 Thessalonians 2:10 and in every sort of evil that deceives those who are perishing. They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved.

God bless.

WhiteKnuckle

Mar 29, 2009
Silliest thing I've argued over is whether 7-Eleven is an Oklahoma owned company, or a Japanese owned company. I guess, another silly thing I argued over was the role of the Supreme Court in interpreting the constitution and making laws. Then again, Maybe the silliest thing I've argued over is rapture. I've also argued wheather Frank Dux is a fraud and whether the movie Blood Sport ever happened.

Okay, the list goes on and on and on and on. I argue over sill stuff all day long. But, the best point is,,,,,, It's all funny, and aside from me crushing peoples fantasy with truth, no one get's hurt.

TruthSeeker2012

Mar 9, 2012
Silliest thing I've argued over is whether 7-Eleven is an Oklahoma owned company, or a Japanese owned company. I guess, another silly thing I argued over was the role of the Supreme Court in interpreting the constitution and making laws. Then again, Maybe the silliest thing I've argued over is rapture. I've also argued wheather Frank Dux is a fraud and whether the movie Blood Sport ever happened.

Okay, the list goes on and on and on and on. I argue over sill stuff all day long. But, the best point is,,,,,, It's all funny, and aside from me crushing peoples fantasy with truth, no one get's hurt.

May I ask you...why do you argue with people? To try to make them believe as you do? Does it make you frustrated when people do not believe as you do?

God bless.

WhiteKnuckle

Mar 29, 2009
May I ask you...why do you argue with people? To try to make them believe as you do? Does it make you frustrated when people do not believe as you do?

God bless.

Argue simply means a disagreement. If someone states something to me, such as, "The sky is not blue." I won't accept that as fact and will "argue" the point of the sky actually being blue. Basically, it's friendly debates about various things with people I get along with.

When it comes to religious beliefs, No, I don't try to "make" people believe the way I believe. Everyone is entitled to their own belief.

See, a conversation, a debate, or an argument is merely and exchange in ideas between multiple people. Nothing more nothing less.

In time you'll notice in my posts. Rarely do I state my understanding or belief as a hard fact that can't be disputed. NO, I don't get frustrated when people don't believe like I do.

TruthSeeker2012

Mar 9, 2012
Argue simply means a disagreement. If someone states something to me, such as, "The sky is not blue." I won't accept that as fact and will "argue" the point of the sky actually being blue. ..

And there is your problem!!! Did you not know that some people cannot see the colour blue and to their eyes the sky is not blue!

WK, you need to open your mind, be empathic, be compassionate and stop projecting your own experiences onto others, because many people view the world differently to you, but their view is not wrong, but you are wrong to try to push your own perspective onto others and not have empathy or compassion or understanding of different viewpoints.

You also need to respect people's rights to have their own beliefs and you need to humbly admit that you may be wrong about something and that you are not perfect and that you do not have perfect interpretation and perfect understanding of entire Scripture.

WK, come to Christ in humility and allow Jesus to help you grow.

God bless.

WhiteKnuckle

Mar 29, 2009
And there is your problem!!! Did you not know that some people cannot see the colour blue and to their eyes the sky is not blue!

WK, you need to open your mind, be empathic, be compassionate and stop projecting your own experiences onto others, because many people view the world differently to you, but their view is not wrong, but you are wrong to try to push your own perspective onto others and not have empathy or compassion or understanding of different viewpoints.

You also need to respect people's rights to have their own beliefs and you need to humbly admit that you may be wrong about something and that you are not perfect and that you do not have perfect interpretation and perfect understanding of entire Scripture.

WK, come to Christ in humility and allow Jesus to help you grow.

God bless.

Once again, you're missing the point. Once again, you're not understanding what I'm saying. Once again, you're thinking I'm a certain way that I'm absolutely not.

Please! In the future, take extra time to read ALL of my post and take in the words. You haven't understood a single post I've made yet. However,,,,,,,,,, As I said, I will give you more patience. I'm more than happy to explain what I mean. However, I can't promise that I can convey my thoughts in a manor that you will comprehend. I mean this with all respect.

TruthSeeker2012

Mar 9, 2012
Once again, you're missing the point. Once again, you're not understanding what I'm saying. Once again, you're thinking I'm a certain way that I'm absolutely not.

Please! In the future, take extra time to read ALL of my post and take in the words. You haven't understood a single post I've made yet. However,,,,,,,,,, As I said, I will give you more patience. I'm more than happy to explain what I mean. However, I can't promise that I can convey my thoughts in a manor that you will comprehend. I mean this with all respect.

Ditto!

God bless.