What are the seven kings of Rev. 17:10?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No, the heads are mountains and the horns on the heads are the kings. You are conflating two separate symbolisms. The 7 heads/mountains exist at the same time. The 7 kings are consecutive and do not exist at the same time.

Where is your proof?

The seven horns represent seven mountains which represent seven religions under the influence of the seven kings who each have a crown that has been given to them to represent the authority that they will be allowed to exercise. This time period will not be for a long time in our distant future.

Douggg

Nov 26, 2020
Memphis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, the heads are mountains and the horns on the heads are the kings.
The 7 heads represent 7 mountains and 7 kings. The ten horns also represent ten kings.
The 7 heads/mountains exist at the same time. The 7 kings are consecutive and do not exist at the same time.
The 7 mountains is the location of where the woman sits.

I agree that the 7 kings are consecutive. With king 7 end times.

It actually does not say in Revelation 17 (nor Revelation 12 and Revelation 13) where the ten horns are located. But because the ten kings rule with the mortally wounded by healed head - I think the 10 hons are all on that one head.

Revelation 13 beast out of the sea2.jpg

Douggg

Nov 26, 2020
Memphis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The seven horns represent seven mountains which represent seven religions under the influence of the seven kings who each have a crown that has been given to them to represent the authority that they will be allowed to exercise. This time period will not be for a long time in our distant future.
Hi Jay, why do you think the seven mountains represent seven religions instead of a location?

Ronald D Milam

Jan 12, 2022
Clanton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, Daniel's 4th beast is a kingdom not one man.

Dan 7:23 Thus he said, The fourth beast shall be the fourth kingdom upon earth, which shall be diverse from all kingdoms, and shall devour the whole earth, and shall tread it down, and break it in pieces.
5 have fallen..............Rome IS..........and ONE is YET TO COME.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi Jay, why do you think the seven mountains represent seven religions instead of a location?

Because in the OT mountains represent religions. Take for example Daniel 2:34-35: - 34 You watched while a stone was cut out without hands, which struck the image on its feet of iron and clay and broke them in pieces. 35 Then the iron, the clay, the bronze, the silver, and the gold were crushed together, and became like chaff from the summer threshing floors; the wind carried them away so that no trace of them was found. And the stone that struck the image became a great mountain and filled the whole earth.

Where the stone that come down out of heaven is the same stone/rock/foundation that Jesus referred to during the transfiguration when Jesus took Peter, James and John up to the mountain where he was transfigured and God declared that Jesus was His son.

This theme is also found in Matt 16.

17 Jesus answered and said to him, “Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah, for flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but My Father who is in heaven. 18 And I also say to you that you are Peter, and on this {foundational} rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it. 19 And I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.”

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because in the OT mountains represent religions. Take for example Daniel 2:34-35: - 34 You watched while a stone was cut out without hands, which struck the image on its feet of iron and clay and broke them in pieces. 35 Then the iron, the clay, the bronze, the silver, and the gold were crushed together, and became like chaff from the summer threshing floors; the wind carried them away so that no trace of them was found. And the stone that struck the image became a great mountain and filled the whole earth.

Where the stone that come down out of heaven is the same stone/rock/foundation that Jesus referred to during the transfiguration when Jesus took Peter, James and John up to the mountain where he was transfigured and God declared that Jesus was His son.

This theme is also found in Matt 16.

17 Jesus answered and said to him, “Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah, for flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but My Father who is in heaven. 18 And I also say to you that you are Peter, and on this {foundational} rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it. 19 And I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.”
Well they may have had their own religion, but Babylon, Persia, Greece, Rome, and the Europe of the dark ages until the Reformation are the 5 that have fallen, and the 6th one is defunct with a mortal wound as after the Reformation, the church did become a mountain that at some point or another has been represented in every area on earth.

The 6th one was never mentioned in Daniel. The 6th one will be in opposition to Jesus after the Second Coming. The ten horns will be ten leaders who rise in the aftermath of the Second Coming.

Jesus is the 7th King of the 7th Kingdom announced as leader of every nation of the world at the 7th Trumpet.

If God grants time extended past the time up point, mentioned in Revelation 10, then the 7th head of the Dragon, Satan himself will be the 8th king of the 8th world empire. Jesus is not one of the 7 heads, but the 7 heads represent 6 world empires with Satan as the 8th. So one kingdom, the 7th is not part of the dragon nor any beast mentioned in Revelation. Only Jesus at the 7th Trumpet covers who the 7th King is.

Douggg

Nov 26, 2020
Memphis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jay, I think it is kingdoms, not religions in Daniel 2, based on Daniel 2:39-40.

39 And after thee shall arise another kingdom inferior to thee, and another third kingdom of brass, which shall bear rule over all the earth.

40 And the fourth kingdom shall be strong as iron: forasmuch as iron breaketh in pieces and subdueth all things: and as iron that breaketh all these, shall it break in pieces and bruise.

And the stone cut out of the mountain in Nebuchadnezzar's dream is the kingdom of God.

44 And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.

So, it is talking about kingdoms, not religions in Daniel 2.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

The seven mountains in Revelation 17: 9 is referring to the location of where the woman sits.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Jay, I think it is kingdoms, not religions in Daniel 2, based on Daniel 2:39-40.

39 And after thee shall arise another kingdom inferior to thee, and another third kingdom of brass, which shall bear rule over all the earth.

40 And the fourth kingdom shall be strong as iron: forasmuch as iron breaketh in pieces and subdueth all things: and as iron that breaketh all these, shall it break in pieces and bruise.

And the stone cut out of the mountain in Nebuchadnezzar's dream is the kingdom of God.

44 And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.

So, it is talking about kingdoms, not religions in Daniel 2.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

The seven mountains in Revelation 17: 9 is referring to the location of where the woman sits.

Douggg, sadly you have missed the point of Daniel 2:34-35. The Kingdom of God is a "religious" entity and not a "power" entity which the five segments of the Statue prophecy in Daniel 2 are. The stone that comes down out of heaven, untouched by human hands is the foundation for our religious beliefs of the Saints, i.e. Christians, and the nations and empires will be overcome by our religious beliefs and not by the Saints forming some powerful entity to fight against them. The other kingdoms and empires in the world during the last days will be overcome by the word of God and not because the Saints have taken up arms.

The stone that comes down from heaven will become a stumbling block for all of the nations that do not believe in Christ and that Christ is the sone of God.

Last edited:

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Well they may have had their own religion, but Babylon, Persia, Greece, Rome, and the Europe of the dark ages until the Reformation are the 5 that have fallen, and the 6th one is defunct with a mortal wound as after the Reformation, the church did become a mountain that at some point or another has been represented in every area on earth.

The 6th one was never mentioned in Daniel. The 6th one will be in opposition to Jesus after the Second Coming. The ten horns will be ten leaders who rise in the aftermath of the Second Coming.

Jesus is the 7th King of the 7th Kingdom announced as leader of every nation of the world at the 7th Trumpet.

If God grants time extended past the time up point, mentioned in Revelation 10, then the 7th head of the Dragon, Satan himself will be the 8th king of the 8th world empire. Jesus is not one of the 7 heads, but the 7 heads represent 6 world empires with Satan as the 8th. So one kingdom, the 7th is not part of the dragon nor any beast mentioned in Revelation. Only Jesus at the 7th Trumpet covers who the 7th King is.

All that I can say to your rhetoric is WOW, as it does not agree with the scriptures.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The 7 heads represent 7 mountains and 7 kings.

No, the 7 heads are separate concepts than the consecutive kings.

The 7 mountains is the location of where the woman sits.

I agree that the 7 kings are consecutive. With king 7 end times.

But the 7 mountains/heads of the beast are NOT consecutive. They exist all at the same time.

It actually does not say in Revelation 17 (nor Revelation 12 and Revelation 13) where the ten horns are located.

Horns are located on heads.

But because the ten kings rule with the mortally wounded by healed head - I think the 10 hons are all on that one head.

The ten horns are spread through all 7 heads which are mountains which means land rising up from the sea so Islands and continents are what the heads represent.

Douggg

Nov 26, 2020
Memphis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The ten horns are spread through all 7 heads which are mountains which means land rising up from the sea so Islands and continents are what the heads represent.
Land masses don't have crowns. In Revelation 12:3, the seven heads have crowns.

Douggg

Nov 26, 2020
Memphis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But the 7 mountains/heads of the beast are NOT consecutive. They exist all at the same time.
The seven heads, as mountains, represents the location of where the woman sit.

The seven heads, as kings, represent 7 sequential kings.

Douggg

Nov 26, 2020
Memphis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Douggg, sadly you have missed the point of Daniel 2:34-35. The Kingdom of God is a "religious" entity and not a "power" entity which the five segments of the Statue prophecy in Daniel 2. The stone that comes down out of heaven, untouched by human hands is the foundation for our religious beliefs of the Saints, i.e. Christians, and the nations and empires will be overcome by our religious beliefs and not by the Saints forming some powerful entity to fight against them. The other kingdoms and empires in the world during the last days will be overcome by the word of God and not because the Saints have taken up arms.
HI Jay, in Revelation 11:15, when the 7th angel sounds his trumpet, the reaction in heaven is that them there rejoice... and say,

15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.

The Kingdom of God is not a religion, but a Kingdom which Jesus is the ruling King of kings to govern the nations.

To have our names written in heaven, and in the book of life of the Lamb - we believe upon Jesus, his death and resurrection, for atonement for our sins. On that point I don't disagree, and is the basis for our Christian, followers of Christ, religion.

Be encouraged. Every day, we are on day closer. Be encouraged.

Last edited:

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
HI Jay, in Revelation 11:15, when the 7th angel sounds his trumpet, the reaction in heaven is that them there rejoice... and say,

15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.

The Kingdom of God is not a religion, but a Kingdom which Jesus is the ruling King of kings to govern the nations.

To have our names written in heaven, and in the book of life of the Lamb - we believe upon Jesus, his death and resurrection, for atonement for our sins. On that point I don't disagree, and is the basis for our Christian, followers of Christ, religion.

Be encouraged. Every day, we are on day closer. Be encouraged.

You can believe what you want to believe, but i will hold to my understanding.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The seven heads, as mountains, represents the location of where the woman sit.

The seven heads, as kings, represent 7 sequential kings.

The 7 heads are never also 7 sequential kings because they are mountains not people. The symbolism is a head, the plain and literal explanation is a mountain not a king.

Again they cannot be the same things because all 7 mountains exist at the same time while the 7 kings are sequential and most have fallen long ago. None of the heads/mountains have fallen in the past because they exist as areas where the ten horns/kings will have ten kingdoms during the trib.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Land masses don't have crowns. In Revelation 12:3, the seven heads have crowns.

That's satan. While similar language is used, it is not the same as the beast in Rev 13 because it is not satan but kingdoms around the world united under a ruler who is supported by satan.

Douggg

Nov 26, 2020
Memphis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's satan. While similar language is used, it is not the same as the beast in Rev 13 because it is not satan but kingdoms around the world united under a ruler who is supported by satan.
The seven heads are sequential.

You say that he seven heads are seven sequential kingdoms, not specific kings.

But it is not until Revelation 13, that the beast is pictured as being a composite make-up of kingdoms - and only four.

In Revelation 12, there are not seven mountains on the beast - but seven heads as kings who have crowns. Mountains do not have crowns.

The dragon in Revelation 12 is Satan, I agree. But the seven heads on the dragon are seven kings, having crowns because the prophecy of the seven kings will be complete when the 7 years begin - Revelation 12:6 1260 days + Revelation 12:14 the time/times/half time.

The one head with the ten horns is the little horn person and the ten kings of Daniel 7:23-25 of the fourth kingdom.

dragon heads rev 12a.jpg

Last edited:

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The seven heads are sequential.

No, they aren't. Rev 13 shows the beast rising with all 7.

You say that he seven heads are seven sequential kingdoms, not specific kings.

No, you say that not me. The heads are not sequential as Rev 13 proves.

But it is not until Revelation 13, that the beast is pictured as being a composite make-up of kingdoms - and only four.

In Revelation 12, there are not seven mountains on the beast - but seven heads as kings who have crowns. Mountains do not have crowns.

The beast is not found in Rev 12. What is there is satan. You are confusing a description of satan with a description of the beast.

The one head with the ten horns is the little horn person and the ten kings of Daniel 7:23-25 of the fourth kingdom.

Nothing in the bible says only one head out of seven has all ten horns. That would be one area of land containing all ten kings/kingdoms which makes little sense when the beast is global. More likely is that the ten kingdoms are spread out within all 7 heads/mountains. I view those areas of land as the 7 continents, symbolizing the entire world and showing the beast kingdom rules the entire world.