What are the seven kings of Rev. 17:10?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe Antichrist is a future individual because Dan 7, speaking of the Antichrist, identified him with 10 nations and 7 leaders who have not yet coalesced into an Empire under Antichrist. The book of Revelation confirms this. Catholics Ribera and Lacunza confirmed this. Premillennialists Irving and Darby, I believe, confirmed this. The Antichrist is future.

This doesn't mean there haven't been many antichrists in history. There have, from the early anti-Christian Roman emperors to Hitler, Stalin, and Mao.

Certainly, some Popes were antichrist in the time of the Reformation. That doesn't mean all popes before or since have been Antichristian. Some, I'm sure, have been. I just don't lump all Catholic popes together in the Antichristian camp. A future Pope will likely be the False Prophet is my guess.
Remember, the bigger the lie....the more people are fooled by it, and they had to give the Pope cover by moving the target to the future....

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Remember, the bigger the lie....the more people are fooled by it, and they had to give the Pope cover by moving the target to the future....
Yes, I don't necessarily accept Ribera's or Lacunza's motive for reproducing ancient Premillennialism. They were undoubtedly trying to move the target off of the Catholic Pope to a future Antichrist. They were trying to nullify the Protestant claim that the Catholic Church, as a whole, was the Antichrist.

What I don't accept from them is any notion that a future Antichrist discounts Catholic indulgence, historically, in various kinds of antichristian behavior. The attack on the Protestant Reformation was hardly "Christian." In fact, it was clearly, in my mind, "antichristian!" And it may indeed be a runup to the eventual Antichrist. I just don't wish to tar all Catholics as "antichrists."

Writer

Jan 18, 2024
Post Falls
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

We are seeing signs that have never been seen in history and these different signs coming from different places and going in different directions are like monster waves coming in warning us of an impending tsunami.

Take for example Israel: The United Nations have weaved a conspiracy of Palestinian Genocide against Israel, not Hamas, and without one dissenting view on the maniacal Terrorist group Hamas. South Africa filed criminal proceedings against Israel for Genocide. Other countries will follow.

Israel was in diaspora for over 2000 years, have returned to their homeland to fulfill prophesy, and now the world has turned against the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. This being a sign that does not repeat itself. The U.N. charter does not allow or accept for this kind of prejudice and anti-Semitism against a Sovereign and free Nation to the point of no condemnation for the real culprits - NEVER, and the persecution of the Jew at this scale. - EVER.

Take the United States of America. Our founding documents does not allow for tyranny within and blatant weaponization of the bureaucracy to execute lawlessness in our capitol buildings, to set up riots to use against the people, to ruin the landscape, burn down cities, create pollution among the population to intentionally harm them, to collude with criminal cartels to invade our country through open unprotected boarders, to conspire against political opponents who won't cooperate in their conspiracies.

Take education, social reform, climate change, emissions control, drugs and A.I.

Who would have thought anywhere along our existence that anyone hell bent on his/her own agenda could decide to indoctrinate children, TODDLERS, UNDER OUR NOSES and give them "THE RIGHT" of an adult to operate on their bodies and change them, and even destroy their lives while simultaneously warning parents if they protest, they will be the enemy of the state and be prosecuted as terrorist's by a weaponized FBI authority. When has that happened in our History.

The Catholic Church? What? Where was the pope when all these children were being molested by pedophiles hiding in plain sight without protest...until they got caught. He wanted it swept under the rug because he didn't want to be investigated himself to determine if he knew this was going on, and anyone else at the top for that matter.

Congress nor the courts today want to dare try to define what is a man and woman. Can you show me where this is a repeat of history...ANYWHERE?

These are extremely powerful signs. This is not history repeating itself with a long future ahead of it. I completely disagree with you and the entire Catholic cohort. Look, the world is upside down. We have criminals running the country, corrupt judges attempting to alter the law of the land by trying to create criminal precedents never before seen, such as impeaching a sitting president without a stitch of constitutional validity behind it. AND THEN RECORDING IT AS AN IMPEACHMENT...WHAT? When was this one a repeat of History.

WAKE UP!

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I don't necessarily accept Ribera's or Lacunza's motive for reproducing ancient Premillennialism. They were undoubtedly trying to move the target off of the Catholic Pope to a future Antichrist. They were trying to nullify the Protestant claim that the Catholic Church, as a whole, was the Antichrist.

What I don't accept from them is any notion that a future Antichrist discounts Catholic indulgence, historically, in various kinds of antichristian behavior. The attack on the Protestant Reformation was hardly "Christian." In fact, it was clearly, in my mind, "antichristian!" And it may indeed be a runup to the eventual Antichrist. I just don't wish to tar all Catholics as "antichrists."
No, my family comes out of the Catholic church, so the people are not the 'antichrists' as you say, it is the entity, the system of worship of the 'beast' which is of the Papacy. They know what they are doing, as the Reformers figured it out and came out of it, and so must the faithful so they do not suffer the punishment it will face at the end..

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, my family comes out of the Catholic church, so the people are not the 'antichrists' as you say, it is the entity, the system of worship of the 'beast' which is of the Papacy. They know what they are doing, as the Reformers figured it out and came out of it, and so must the faithful so they do not suffer the punishment it will face at the end..
I at least partly agree with this and cannot say much more about it, having been raised a Lutheran, and somewhat anti-Catholic. However, our family has long had good friends in the Catholic Church--some of our very best friends.

The biggest problem with Catholicism historically has been its insistence that there must be some kind of organizational hierarchy establishing the RCC and the Pope at the top of the pyramid. This is unbridled sectarianism, which is what Paul spoke against in his letter to the Corinthians. "I am of Paul, I am of Apollos" was an example of what Christian leaders and Christian groups should *not* be doing.

Having established them as the supreme leadership over all of Christendom the Papacy insulated itself against any attempts at reform, and even justified murder to maintain their dominance and exclusivity. The result was not only corruption, strife, and war, but a number of prominent false Christian practices were allowed to enter into Christian practice by the people.

Mariolatry is one, as well as the veneration of the saints. Purgatory, indulgences, and Transubstantiation are other questionable practices, which the Church would court no challenges to.

Collecting or searching for sacred objects like the Holy Grail and pieces of the Cross is close to magic. Seeing signs of images of Mary crying is the same. Praying to saints is close to necromancy. These practices should be questioned, and not protected from all scrutiny.

This kind of thing does have an antichristian element to it. So we at least partly agree on this. I just think that many Christians continue to be in this communion, despite the problems. Some problems are brought on by these flawed doctrines, such as forced celibacy upon the priesthood. This is going to cause sexual sin, whether having sex with nuns, homosexual tendencies, or pedophilia.

The main point about this connection to Antichrist is what a recent Pope warned against, that a future Pope may turn completely away from cardinal Christian doctrines. And we're seeing that begin with Pope Francis, who is softening towards transgenderism and homosexuality. He is also taking a stand politically against American conservatism, aligning himself with the atheists and communists on the Left. This is where, I think, the Papacy is going--to the False Prophet perhaps? It's not completely in bed with it yet, but it seems to be heading in that direction.

Last edited:

Ronald D Milam

Jan 12, 2022
Clanton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
7 The Seventh 538 AD-
This one rises after the Roman Empire and now we see how the 'Little Horn' power of Daniel and the 'Beast' in Revelation and how the timeline matches up which gives us the rise of the overwhelming power and its duration.
So you add 1260 years to 538AD and you get 1798, which we have seen before. The Protestants Reformers and theologians understood and saw that the woman/church in these 1260 years, from 538 AD to 1798 AD was in fact the antichrist power that Daniel prophesized about.
Good grief man, does everything with you come up RCC? I mean you do not understand prophecy on any sites I have saw you on. Its mind boggling tbh. So it clearly says the 10 horns rules for ONE HOUR with the last Beast, which means a brief time, which means 42 months, not 1600 years or so. So, the last Beast or 7th King to FALL can not be a 1600 year RCC. Please just stop man.

Reactions: ewq1938

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I at least partly agree with this and cannot say much more about it, having been raised a Lutheran, and somewhat anti-Catholic. However, our family has long had good friends in the Catholic Church--some of our very best friends.

The biggest problem with Catholicism historically has been its insistence that there must be some kind of organizational hierarchy establishing the RCC and the Pope at the top of the pyramid. This is unbridled sectarianism, which is what Paul spoke against in his letter to the Corinthians. "I am of Paul, I am of Apollos" was an example of what Christian leaders and Christian groups should *not* be doing.

Having established them as the supreme leadership over all of Christendom the Papacy insulated itself against any attempts at reform, and even justified murder to maintain their dominance and exclusivity. The result was not only corruption, strife, and war, but a number of prominent false Christian practices were allowed to enter into Christian practice by the people.

Mariolatry is one, as well as the veneration of the saints. Purgatory, indulgences, and Transubstantiation are other questionable practices, which the Church would court no challenges to.

Collecting or searching for sacred objects like the Holy Grail and pieces of the Cross is close to magic. Seeing signs of images of Mary crying is the same. Praying to saints is close to necromancy. These practices should be questioned, and not protected from all scrutiny.

This kind of thing does have an antichristian element to it. So we at least partly agree on this. I just think that many Christians continue to be in this communion, despite the problems. Some problems are brought on by these flawed doctrines, such as forced celibacy upon the priesthood. This is going to cause sexual sin, whether having sex with nuns, homosexual tendencies, or pedophilia.

The main point about this connection to Antichrist is what a recent Pope warned against, that a future Pope may turn completely away from cardinal Christian doctrines. And we're seeing that begin with Pope Francis, who is softening towards transgenderism and homosexuality. He is also taking a stand politically against American conservatism, aligning himself with the atheists and communists on the Left. This is where, I think, the Papacy is going--to the False Prophet perhaps? It's not completely in bed with it yet, but it seems to be heading in that direction.
Yes, and the Popes claim of infallibility and being the 'vicar of Christ', taking the place of God, we all know what that is....

Reactions: Randy Kluth

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good grief man, does everything with you come up RCC? I mean you do not understand prophecy on any sites I have saw you on. Its mind boggling tbh. So it clearly says the 10 horns rules for ONE HOUR with the last Beast, which means a brief time, which means 42 months, not 1600 years or so. So, the last Beast or 7th King to FALL can not be a 1600 year RCC. Please just stop man.
The 'one hour' is prophetic time and it comes at the end, so these nations (think EU) have not placed their power behind the Beast as in the 1260 years, this will be at the end. So the question is, does the Beast that came out of the Roman Empire exists today and is the world wondering after it and listening to its voice...

Ronald D Milam

Jan 12, 2022
Clanton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The 'one hour' is prophetic time and it comes at the end, so these nations (think EU) have not placed their power behind the Beast as in the 1260 years, this will be at the end. So the question is, does the Beast that came out of the Roman Empire exists today and is the world wondering after it and listening to its voice...
The ONE HOUR refers to the Beast 42 month rule, there is NO BEAST until that 42 months, have you seen Israel Conquered since 70 AD? The 70th week goes with the other 69. You simply do not grasp prophecy my friend. Everything you are on about is in error. God doesn't lead us down these paths.

Reactions: ewq1938

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Agreed. The ten kings/horns don't even have kingdoms or power until the beast gives it to them and like you say, the beast only has 42 months so none of this can apply to long periods of the past. It's all NEW and short lived.

Truth is the RCC/Papacy etc are shadows of what is to come and it is always a mistake to confuse a shadow for the thing coming.

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The ONE HOUR refers to the Beast 42 month rule, there is NO BEAST until that 42 months, have you seen Israel Conquered since 70 AD? The 70th week goes with the other 69. You simply do not grasp prophecy my friend. Everything you are on about is in error. God doesn't lead us down these paths.
No, if you read your Bible you will see what happens in the One Hour, which by prophetic time is several days (15 using prophetic time the day year principle)

Revelation 17:12
And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast.

Revelation 18:10
Standing afar off for the fear of her torment, saying, Alas, alas that great city Babylon, that mighty city! for in one hour is thy judgment come.

Revelation 18:17
For in one hour so great riches is come to nought. And every shipmaster, and all the company in ships, and sailors, and as many as trade by sea, stood afar off,

Revelation 18:19
And they cast dust on their heads, and cried, weeping and wailing, saying, Alas, alas that great city, wherein were made rich all that had ships in the sea by reason of her costliness! for in one hour is she made desolate.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, if you read your Bible you will see what happens in the One Hour, which by prophetic time is several days (15 using prophetic time the day year principle)

Revelation 17:12
And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast.

Revelation 18:10
Standing afar off for the fear of her torment, saying, Alas, alas that great city Babylon, that mighty city! for in one hour is thy judgment come.

Revelation 18:17
For in one hour so great riches is come to nought. And every shipmaster, and all the company in ships, and sailors, and as many as trade by sea, stood afar off,

Revelation 18:19
And they cast dust on their heads, and cried, weeping and wailing, saying, Alas, alas that great city, wherein were made rich all that had ships in the sea by reason of her costliness! for in one hour is she made desolate.
That one hour is the battle of Armageddon.

They have not been given a kingdom, not even by Satan. If we are to assume they receive a kingdom, that kingdom will be their reward for defeating Jesus at Armageddon.

We know how Armageddon turns out. Obviously they never have their own kingdom, ever.

"And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet;"

This verse proves they don't represent any kingdoms past nor present at this point. These ten horns are not the horns in Daniel nor the ten toes in Daniel 2. These ten kings are only existent as human leaders during Satan's 42 month Babylonian Empire. They don't have control over a nation, but the term "as yet", indicates they are promised future kingdoms. They are said to have entirely removed religion from the earth as represented by the woman mystery Babylon as pertaining to Jerusalem the seat of Satan's empire.

"And the ten horns which thou sawest upon the beast, these shall hate the whore, and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and burn her with fire."

This is symbolic of removing all religion and any form of God period from the minds of those humans left on earth with the mark.

The whore always represented Israel forsaking God and going after all other false religions and gods. At this point the task was to even remove false religions and gods as Satan thinks he can eradicate God from existence. This is to the point where even false gods and religions are eradicated as symbolized by destroying the whore as well.

Mark51

Nov 8, 2020
BROOKLYN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who are they and what is the significance of this prophecy to the end times? Here is the text in question...

Revelation 17 King James Version (KJV)
"1 And there came one of the seven angels which had the seven vials, and talked with me, saying unto me, Come hither; I will shew unto thee the judgment of the great harlot that sitteth upon many waters:
2 With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication.
3 So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.
4 And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:
5 And upon her forehead was a name written, Mystery, Babylon The Great, The Mother Of Harlots And Abominations Of The Earth.
6 And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration.
7 And the angel said unto me, Wherefore didst thou marvel? I will tell thee the mystery of the woman, and of the beast that carrieth her, which hath the seven heads and ten horns.
8 The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.
9 And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth.
10 And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space.
11 And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition.
12 And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast.
13 These have one mind, and shall give their power and strength unto the beast.
14 These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful."

So we see the sequence it gives us, 'there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space.' Some say it is the forms of government which dominated the Roman Empire others say its all was just the Roman Emperors, yet bible scholars see the Beast that was in power during Johns time as the Roman Empire and there are more. So what does scripture and history show us...
The seventh world power is a dual power: The Anglo-American or Britain and the United States.

Ronald D Milam

Jan 12, 2022
Clanton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The seventh world power is a dual power: The Anglo-American or Britain and the United States.
No, its ONE MAN born AMIDST the 10 (10 = Completion) that ARISE out pf the Fourth Beasts Head. Now how does England &/or the USA qualify in that scenario?

Dan. 7:7 After this I saw in the night visions, and behold a fourth beast, dreadful and terrible, and strong exceedingly(Rome); and it had great iron teeth: it devoured and brake in pieces, and stamped the residue with the feet of it: and it was diverse from all the beasts that were before it; and it had ten horns.

8 I considered the horns, and, behold, there came up among them another little horn,(The Anti-Christ is born in the E.U./in Greece as Dan. 8:9 MANDATES) before whom there were three of the first horns plucked up by the roots: and, behold, in this horn were eyes like the eyes of man, and a mouth speaking great things.

The last Beast is a HUMAN BEING, that is why Dan. 7:11 says his BODY is DESTROYED and he is CAST into HELLFIRE.

The Lord just gave me one of the few things n Daniel of the book of Revelation that still puzzled me, LOL, the little horn was born amongst the 10 (in the E.U.) THEN..........Three of the horns were plucked up by the root.........I could never grasp that, even after I understood the 10 just meant Completion, until thIs very moment, the 10 = Completion, and 7 = Divine Completion. So, the E.U. was formed by men, but God is going to Divinely use the E.U. to complete His plans. WOW !!!

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

No, the 7th is described in global terms. It is not one or two countries but ALL COUNTRIES, the whole world.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The last Beast is a HUMAN BEING, that is why Dan. 7:11 says his BODY is DESTROYED and he is CAST into HELLFIRE.

No, Daniel's 4th beast is a kingdom not one man.

Dan 7:23 Thus he said, The fourth beast shall be the fourth kingdom upon earth, which shall be diverse from all kingdoms, and shall devour the whole earth, and shall tread it down, and break it in pieces.

Douggg

Nov 26, 2020
Memphis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The 7 kings of Revelation 17 are:

1 Julius Caesar.
2. Augustus
3. Tiberius
4. Caligula
5. Claudius
6. Nero
7. end times little horn person

8 . the beast king (the little horn person after being killed and brought back to life)

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The 7 kings of Revelation 17 are:

1 Julius Caesar.
2. Augustus
3. Tiberius
4. Caligula
5. Claudius
6. Nero

8 . the beast king (the little horn person after being killed and brought back to life)

There is nothing in the bible about the little horn of Daniel becoming a beast king of Revelation. There is also nothing about a man/beast being killed then being brought back to life in Revelation.

Douggg

Nov 26, 2020
Memphis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is nothing in the bible about the little horn of Daniel becoming a beast king of Revelation. There is also nothing about a man/beast being killed then being brought back to life in Revelation.
The little horn in Daniel 8:25 will be broken by Jesus when he attempts to "stand up" against Jesus. "stand up" is an idiom for make war.

25 And through his policy also he shall cause craft to prosper in his hand; and he shall magnify himself in his heart, and by peace shall destroy many: he shall also stand up against the Prince of princes; but he shall be broken without hand.

The seven heads are seven kings. In Revelation 12, with 7 years to go in that chapter, the seven heads have their crowns, indicating that king 7 has come to power - the little horn - completing the prophecy of the 7 kings.

In Revelation 13, with 42 months to go in that chapter, the 7 heads no longer have crowns, and one of the heads mortally wounded but healed, indicating the prophecy of the 7 kings is over, and that king 7 - the little horn - has been killed and come back to life as king 8.

In Revelation 17:!0, the 7th king is yet to come, and when comes must continue a short space - the 42 months, as the beast king - king 8 of Revelation 17:11.

The seven kings are:

1 Julius Caesar.
2. Augustus
3. Tiberius
4. Caligula
5. Claudius
6. Nero

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The seven heads are seven kings.

No, the heads are mountains and the horns on the heads are the kings. You are conflating two separate symbolisms. The 7 heads/mountains exist at the same time. The 7 kings are consecutive and do not exist at the same time.