What are these orbs people are seeing?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Freedm

Aug 3, 2023
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This article is interesting.

I read the short article you linked to, and while I generally like "gotquestions.org" unfortunately this article is simply not providing any answers.

It also seems to draw on a lack of explanation in the Bible for orbs as some sort of reason to believe they don't exist, which is a logical fallacy, saying: "The Bible never mentions orbs. It never hints that spirits, good or bad, will manifest themselves to us as spherical globs of light. We have no reason to believe that our modern technology can coax a spirit to make itself visible. The belief that an orb is an angel or demon “caught on film” is based on ideas that do not come from the Bible."

There are many things the Bible does not mention, but that doesn't mean they don't exist. The Bible is not an all encompassing encyclopedia passed down from heaven to man, imparting divine knowledge regarding all things. It's an incomplete, but valuable, collection of wisdom, history, prophecy and instruction most pertinent to our faith as Christians, nothing more.

Furthermore, the article makes some demonstrably false statements about the capture of orbs on video, saying:
There is a logical explanation for orbs. Orbs are almost always photographed 1) indoors, 2) using a flash, 3) on a digital camera, 4) with a low-resolution lens.

Obviously, most of my examples are outdoors, not using a flash, and several (the Skinwalker Ranch examples) are guaranteed to be filmed using high resolution cameras. In fact, pretty much every camera is high resolution nowadays, and still we're capturing these orbs on video. So that entire sentence should be scrubbed from the article.

Jericho

Aug 10, 2023
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know what you mean, but isn't the "supernatural" also natural, just outside of our realm of understanding? Is not everything natural?

I think they are accurate terms but perhpaps better exists. When I think of the natural world, I think of natural laws like gravity, thermodynamics, Newton's Laws of Motion, etc. . "Super" just means above, beyond, or superior to something. The supernatural world then opperates above and beyond our natural laws.

Last edited:

Runningman

Dec 3, 2023
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know with certainty, but I have seen them before in a house I lived in. I told my room mate there is something crazy going on. Managed to catch a few on camera and sometimes if you zoomed in close enough you could see a face in them. All of their expressions looked menacing. If they are lurking around, they're most likely trying to cause a problem for some reason or another. After I moved, didn't see them any more.

Reactions: Freedm

Freedm

Aug 3, 2023
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I don't know with certainty, but I have seen them before in a house I lived in. I told my room mate there is something crazy going on. Managed to catch a few on camera and sometimes if you zoomed in close enough you could see a face in them. All of their expressions looked menacing. If they are lurking around, they're most likely trying to cause a problem for some reason or another. After I moved, didn't see them any more.
Was this recent enough that you still have the photos?

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
FLASHLIGHTS!
The second one looks more like a spiderweb caught blowing to and fro in front of the camera lens. The sleight sparkle suggests a web. We have cameras up around moms for if she falls. All kinds of weird things get caught on camera. Agree the others look like flashlights. Once we caught what looked like stardust falling in front of the camera. The weirdest sight I’ve ever seen…it looked more like electrical sparks falling in plumes. When we went to check the cameras a little mouse had been digging out from the attic making a little hole in the ceiling tiles. We captured his plume on camera, the hole right above it.

Reactions: marks

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The closer we get to the end; Satan is working overtime because he hasn't got much time left. Satan will show people fly saucers and orbs, and angelic appearing demons that show up in various places on earth. Make no mistake, these are demonic . I'll bet no one that saw an orb called on the name of Jesus.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Very interesting. It seems a lot of people see these things. I also think a lot of people may be near them, but don't notice them, unless they view it later on a video replay. Like this one for example, moving outside the window of the car, so easy to miss if you're not looking for it. This guy is a vlogger who was just recording, and only saw this after his friend pointed it out to him later.

View attachment 39046

Here's the slow mo version

View attachment 39047
That just looks like a plastic bag to me.

Freedm

Aug 3, 2023
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That just looks like a plastic bag to me.
Not sure what kind of plastic bags they have in Australia, but I've never seen a plastic bag move that fast and that straight. And besides, in that same video there were several more orbs seen inside the car, but those weren't as clear so I didn't bother showing those.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Not sure what kind of plastic bags they have in Australia, but I've never seen a plastic bag move that fast and that straight. And besides, in that same video there were several more orbs seen inside the car, but those weren't as clear so I didn't bother showing those.
I do not believe any of it at all in fact ! such is easy done that i have seen on this, such is all a hoax !

Get a mirror and one can make such lights, a mates dog would go after such things, like the reflection coming from your watch etc projected of the wall or ground.

Freedm

Aug 3, 2023
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I do not believe any of it at all in fact ! such is easy done that i have seen on this, such is all a hoax !

Get a mirror and one can make such lights, a mates dog would go after such things, like the reflection coming from your watch etc projected of the wall or ground.
Do you not believe they're real, because it's easy to fake? Or do you have another reason to believe it's not real?

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Do you not believe they're real, because it's easy to fake? Or do you have another reason to believe it's not real?
I believe my brother regarding what he seen and my mate who described the same thing as my brother did. but it was much more than that sort of rubbish that you have put forward.

It was like a ripple effect only around the edge of a round thing maybe a ft round and clear as clear transparent !

The only thing i have seen in such a regard something like that is in Dr Who, The Masque of Mandragora Helix, this was shown back in Sep 1976.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The closer we get to the end; Satan is working overtime because he hasn't got much time left. Satan will show people fly saucers and orbs, and angelic appearing demons that show up in various places on earth. Make no mistake, these are demonic . I'll bet no one that saw an orb called on the name of Jesus.
proxy-image

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm sure there are skeptics out there who think all of these examples are flashlights, or bugs, or CGI, but that's not the case at all. I'm sure there are some fakes out there, but I've seen enough of these videos and from enough trustworthy sources to know that these are actually being caught on camera.
It's too easy to mimic that kind of thing, and just get people excited because of so many that are superstitious. I'm not saying evil spirits, demons, angels, etc., don't exist, but they don't work the way Hollywood portrays them. They instead deceive, working in ways that appear natural to us. This is why Hebrews 13 warns us to be hospitable to strangers, because some have entertained angels and didn't know it.

Freedm

Aug 3, 2023
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It's too easy to mimic that kind of thing, and just get people excited because of so many that are superstitious. I'm not saying evil spirits, demons, angels, etc., don't exist, but they don't work the way Hollywood portrays them. They instead deceive, working in ways that appear natural to us. This is why Hebrews 13 warns us to be hospitable to strangers, because some have entertained angels and didn't know it.
Of course it's easy to fake videos (well, easy for some people) but that doesn't mean it's all fake. Orbs have been reported for many years, long before digital video editing software, which means modern technology simply can not be used to explain away this entire phenomenon. World war two pilots reported seeing these orbs in the skies, tracking them and following them. These came to be known as foo fighters. Even modern day pilots have reported these orbs on their wingtips, some even capturing video. Are we to assume that these pilots, from 1945 to today, are all either crazy, or lying?

Honestly, I find it disappointing that so many people are so quick to cry "fake", without even having analyzed the evidence. Are you afraid of what it might mean if these things actually exist? Is that why you'd prefer they are fake? I have to wonder. Are modern Christians so likely to dismiss anything that the church can not explain, because the church can not explain it? Are we so afraid of admitting that there are things the church does not understand? Why? Is our faith so fragile that we must have all the answers?

The fact is, all these sightings are not merely digital trickery. History proves this. So if you're going to claim that you don't believe in them, you're going to need a much better reason than "these videos are so easy to fake", because fake videos alone do not account for all the evidence. It's o.k. to say "I don't know". There are many things out there, that we can't explain, and that's o.k.

Freedm

Aug 3, 2023
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I actually have some angel stories of my own, so I can relate to the passage in Hebrews 13. I believe an angel guided me out of a snow storm, and my brother is certain he was comforted by an angel at a church youth camp. They do work in ways, and appear in ways, that are required to minister to us, but what they do they do, and how do they appear when they're "off the clock" so to speak? If they can appear in various forms, then what is their natural form? What's the natural form of any spirit being? For that matter, what is a spiritual being? I think our lack of answers to these questions requires us to keep an open mind.

Reactions: Davy

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course it's easy to fake videos (well, easy for some people) but that doesn't mean it's all fake. Orbs have been reported for many years, long before digital video editing software, which means modern technology simply can not be used to explain away this entire phenomenon. World war two pilots reported seeing these orbs in the skies, tracking them and following them. These came to be known as foo fighters. Even modern day pilots have reported these orbs on their wingtips, some even capturing video. Are we to assume that these pilots, from 1945 to today, are all either crazy, or lying?

Honestly, I find it disappointing that so many people are so quick to cry "fake", without even having analyzed the evidence. Are you afraid of what it might mean if these things actually exist? Is that why you'd prefer they are fake? I have to wonder. Are modern Christians so likely to dismiss anything that the church can not explain, because the church can not explain it? Are we so afraid of admitting that there are things the church does not understand? Why? Is our faith so fragile that we must have all the answers?

The fact is, all these sightings are not merely digital trickery. History proves this. So if you're going to claim that you don't believe in them, you're going to need a much better reason than "these videos are so easy to fake", because fake videos alone do not account for all the evidence. It's o.k. to say "I don't know". There are many things out there, that we can't explain, and that's o.k.
I wouldn't go reeling off on a tangent about such things. I know per God's written Word what they are, and so should all those in Christ realize the existence of those things, especially in today's time about false... spirit manifestations... even inside some Churches...

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I actually have some angel stories of my own, so I can relate to the passage in Hebrews 13. I believe an angel guided me out of a snow storm, and my brother is certain he was comforted by an angel at a church youth camp. They do work in ways, and appear in ways, that are required to minister to us, but what they do they do, and how do they appear when they're "off the clock" so to speak? If they can appear in various forms, then what is their natural form? What's the natural form of any spirit being? For that matter, what is a spiritual being? I think our lack of answers to these questions requires us to keep an open mind.
I only know what God's Word shows about it. Like I said, how Hollywood portrays such things is a hoax to draw box office sales.

Ezekiel 1 with what Ezekiel saw is the best example in God's Word of the vehicles of that other dimension. And the one Ezekiel saw, God's throne was on it. Say that to an atheist and they'll probably say something like, "see, that was an alien Ezekiel saw; I told you we were created by the aliens and put here on earth!"

Freedm

Aug 3, 2023
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I wouldn't go reeling off on a tangent about such things. I know per God's written Word what they are, and so should all those in Christ realize the existence of those things, especially in today's time about false... spirit manifestations... even inside some Churches...

Hey, thanks for sharing that Video. This is super interesting for me because my parents used to actually go to the Toronto Vineyard church in the nineties and I remember them talking about being "drunk with the Holy Spirit". Seeing all those video clips of people acting like animals, and shaking uncontrollably, it's kind of scary to think that my parents were a part of that because it's clearly not from God.

Having said that, I'm not sure how you're making a connection between this and the orbs.