What are these orbs people are seeing?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Freedm

Aug 3, 2023
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I briefly brought up this topic in another thread, but it probably deserves its own thread. Some of you may watch the show "The Secret of Skinwalker Ranch" and some of these orb videos are from that show, so you'll recognize them. Regardless, these things are often described as UAPs, ghosts, spirits, angels or simply orbs. Personally I think they are spirits, which means they could be angels, or spirits of some other type. What are y'all's thoughts?

# 1.
orb1.extrashort.gif

# 2.
orb2.gif

# 3.
orb3.gif

# 4.
orb4.gif

# 5.
orb5.gif

# 6.
orb6.gif

# 7.
orb7.gif

# 8.
orb8.gif

# 9.
orb10.gif

# 10.
orb11.gif

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I once knew a woman who was into all kinds of witchery, spiritism, mediums, the occult, seances AND she said that she invited them into her home as they were "good spirits". From observing her life, they were the very opposite of "good spirits".
I believe they are demons personally. The actually were in all her pictures. She had her and her partner have a spiritualist come each week to give them a reading!! Needless to say, I stayed far away from her as speaking of The Lord, or the bible, she would mock loudly and ferociously oppose me. She was also the biggest narcissist I have ever known, also dangerous.

I have to renounce her memory from my thoughts now! Get chills just thinking about her!

Freedm

Aug 3, 2023
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I'm sure there are skeptics out there who think all of these examples are flashlights, or bugs, or CGI, but that's not the case at all. I'm sure there are some fakes out there, but I've seen enough of these videos and from enough trustworthy sources to know that these are actually being caught on camera.

Reactions: Nancy

Freedm

Aug 3, 2023
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I believe they are demons personally.

Example #3 in my OP is actually security video from the home of a pastor. There's no way this man is inviting evil spirits into his house.

Here's the link to the news report:

Freedm

Aug 3, 2023
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So do I. It is part of the deception.
So, here's a thought. I know the common Christian POV is that any spiritual entities caught on camera are demonic, but wouldn't good spirits (God's angels) also have a similar appearance? How would we be able to tell the difference? If a ball of light is just floating around, not hurting anyone, how can we tell if it's evil or good?

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm sure there are skeptics out there who think all of these examples are flashlights, or bugs, or CGI, but that's not the case at all. I'm sure there are some fakes out there, but I've seen enough of these videos and from enough trustworthy sources to know that these are actually being caught on camera.
Agreed.

Reactions: TLHKAJ and Freedm

Freedm

Aug 3, 2023
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Another thought: It was said that the three wise men followed the "star of Bethlehem" to where Jesus was born, but how do you follow a star? If it was a real star in the universe it would remain stationary in the sky, but the Biblical account implies that the star moved. And even if it was a star in the universe that moved through the cosmos, how do you follow something that's so high up and far away?

Matthew 2:9
After they had heard the king, they went on their way, and the star they had seen when it rose went ahead of them until it stopped over the place where the child was.

I think if the star of Bethlehem was an angel in the form of an orb of light, hovering perhaps 30 feet above the ground, it would make a lot of sense. It would be something with intelligence, and something they could follow and appears like a star.

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, they had seen His star in the East. I don't think it was close to the ground.
They were looking for signs in the sky, knowing from Daniel's prophecy approx what time the Messiah would be born.

No angels are describes as round orbs of light that i know of.
Some people think they are spirits of deceased loved ones.
I stay away from that stuff.

This article is interesting.
If it was a real star in the universe it would remain stationary in the sky, but the Biblical account implies that the star moved. And even if it was a star in the universe that moved through the cosmos, how do you follow something that's so high up and far away?
This was no ordinary star--this showed the way to the Son of God. God makes stars move.
Numbers 24:17 I shall see him, but not now: I shall behold him, but not nigh: there shall come a Star out of Jacob, and a Sceptre shall rise out of Israel, and shall smite the corners of Moab, and destroy all the children of Sheth.

Stars are not fixed, but move

Last edited:

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
My elder brother and a mate say that they have seen an Orb ?
What they both claimed to me was not what like this above shows ? but a clear like object with a ripple like clear edge maybe a foot circle like. but i have never seen such.
My brother seen such back in around 1983 ? and my mate seen such a thing when he was in Romania maybe 2004 or so i think.
Both say such was clearly in front of them within reach maybe, but were to spun out to touch it.

Reactions: Freedm

Freedm

Aug 3, 2023
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This was no ordinary star--this showed the way to the Son of God. God makes stars move.

But like I said, even if a star "moved" in the sky, kind of like how we can see the space station move, how do you follow that? Furthermore, how does it stop above the manger? It's impossible. It had to have been something near to the ground, in order for the wise men to see where it moved, and where it stopped.

Imagine if you could control the movement of the space station, and there was a treasure hidden somewhere in the middle of Texas, and you had to guide me to this treasure, using only the space station. How would you do it? I'll tell you right now, it would be impossible. I could walk towards the space station as long as I felt like it was in front of me, but I wouldn't know where to stop. I would just keep walking until at some point I realized it was behind me so I would turn around, but I would never be able to know with any degree of accuracy when I am right below it, or near the treasure. In fact, I could be 100 miles from the treasure, and it would look like I was right below the space station. So a literal star in outer space, just doesn't make sense for the wise men to follow to the manger. I'm sure God would be able to think of a much more accurate and effective way to guide these men. If I was God, I would use an angel.

Numbers 24:17 I shall see him, but not now: I shall behold him, but not nigh: there shall come a Star out of Jacob, and a Sceptre shall rise out of Israel, and shall smite the corners of Moab, and destroy all the children of Sheth.
I believe your verse refers to Jesus, as the star, not a literal star.

Freedm

Aug 3, 2023
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
My elder brother and a mate say that they have seen an Orb ?
What they both claimed to me was not what like this above shows ? but a clear like object with a ripple like clear edge maybe a foot circle like. but i have never seen such.
My brother seen such back in around 1983 ? and my mate seen such a thing when he was in Romania maybe 2004 or so i think.
Both say such was clearly in front of them within reach maybe, but were to spun out to touch it.
Very interesting. It seems a lot of people see these things. I also think a lot of people may be near them, but don't notice them, unless they view it later on a video replay. Like this one for example, moving outside the window of the car, so easy to miss if you're not looking for it. This guy is a vlogger who was just recording, and only saw this after his friend pointed it out to him later.

orb12.fast.gif

Here's the slow mo version

orb12.slow.gif

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
But like I said, even if a star "moved" in the sky, kind of like how we can see the space station move, how do you follow that? Furthermore, how does it stop above the manger? It's impossible. It had to have been something near to the ground, in order for the wise men to see where it moved, and where it stopped.

Imagine if you could control the movement of the space station, and there was a treasure hidden somewhere in the middle of Texas, and you had to guide me to this treasure, using only the space station. How would you do it? I'll tell you right now, it would be impossible. I could walk towards the space station as long as I felt like it was in front of me, but I wouldn't know where to stop. I would just keep walking until at some point I realized it was behind me so I would turn around, but I would never be able to know with any degree of accuracy when I am right below it, or near the treasure. In fact, I could be 100 miles from the treasure, and it would look like I was right below the space station. So a literal star in outer space, just doesn't make sense for the wise men to follow to the manger. I'm sure God would be able to think of a much more accurate and effective way to guide these men. If I was God, I would use an angel.

I believe your verse refers to Jesus, as the star, not a literal star.
Perhaps it was a band of Angels? ...perhaps the same angels the Shepherds experienced?......the same angels that 'led' both the Men from the East and the Shepherds to 'the long awaited One'?
Interesting that Men from the East were privy to extraordinary information.
Has God not left a witness for himself among/ throughout the scattered peoples of the World? Are they not all his Children, descendants of Adam?

Reactions: Freedm

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Sure, but does that mean that everything in the air is of Satan? Obviously not. So how do you know if it's from Satan?
Ultimately I don't. My guess however bounces of these verses below.....not discounting they have other applications as well.
Tricky, being the MO of the Devil.

KJV ESV
9Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, 9The coming of the lawless one is by the activity of Satan with all power and false signs and wonders,

10And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.10and with all wicked deception for those who are perishing, because they refused to love the truth and so be saved.

11And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Jericho

Aug 10, 2023
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Assuming they are real, my vote is spirtual entities. Rather they are demonic or angelic I don't know. It seems occasionally, under certain circumstances, the supernatural world bleeds over into the natural world.

Last edited:

Freedm

Aug 3, 2023
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
...It seems occasionally, under certain circumstances, the supernatural world bleeds over into the natural world.
I know what you mean, but isn't the "supernatural" also natural, just outside of our realm of understanding? Is not everything natural?