What are you listening to right now?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nature Sounds. ... a hyuk! Im struggling. Maybe this thread can give me better music to listen to!

Reactions: Tone

Tone

Dec 24, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nature Sounds. ... a hyuk! Im struggling. Maybe this thread can give me better music to listen to!

What do you listen to?

And what kind of nature sounds, where are you, Ireland?

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What do you listen to?

And what kind of nature sounds, where are you, Ireland?

Not in Ireland. Im in North Carolina. I can hear birds outside on the balcony of the apartment.

I love music but recently decided 80's and 90's R'n B was not what I needed for my walk with the Lord.

I had a personalized radio station for that and alternative rock bands like Incubus, Creed, and Nirvana.

But I also love gospel, worship music, and some contemporary Christian, and the occasional hymn. I keep going back and forth on whether I listen to secular music.

Id love to be put on to more music. Sometimes even Christian Rap can be good. It just depends.

Tone

Dec 24, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not in Ireland. Im in North Carolina. I can hear birds outside on the balcony of the apartment.

I love music but recently decided 80's and 90's R'n B was not what I needed for my walk with the Lord.

I had a personalized radio station for that and alternative rock bands like Incubus, Creed, and Nirvana.

But I also love gospel, worship music, and some contemporary Christian, and the occasional hymn. I keep going back and forth on whether I listen to secular music.

Id love to be put on to more music. Sometimes even Christian Rap can be good. It just depends.

Oh, okay, yeah that's cool...I'm in California.

I like these two rappers as far as outright "religious":

And

But, I don't really listen to rap, lately I've just been listening to the stuff I post here (you'll see I've posted most of this thread).

I just go with what pops up on my YouTube. I'm always on the move so I like good bike riding music.

I've pretty much been through every phase of music though...never really had a country phase though...but all the other ones though.

Last edited:

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Tone

I like the rapper Shai Linne.

I like some country but its not my favorite.

I like music for when I clean or work out. But Im out in parks and nature a lot and lately I just like the nature sounds when Im out there.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Tone

I like music for when I clean or work out. But Im out in parks and nature a lot and lately I just like the nature sounds when Im out there.

It's not bad, actually. :) Not my genre, but I can take it when stuff has the Spirit in it. I have a black friend that used to write and produce this kind of stuff. He probably knows about it, so I'll bring it up soon.

If somebody ever converts me to rap, however, THAT will be a true miracle of God, LoL.

But I like this. Thanks for posting.

Reactions: Wynona

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

What's wrong with 80's and 90' R&B? I'll admit that soul from there and earlier is pretty... soulish, LoL, but it's got good feel. I dunno. Guess it depends on what mood you're in.

Incubus? :eek:

Creed yes, and Alter Bridge definitely. Nirvana was too dark for me.

I try. I need to start looking for more that I like, because I'm now wanting to bring my mind and ears under more discipline. But MAN is it tough getting the rocker out of me. I may forever be in that no man's land where I love the Lord but just never had the kind of music in this life that could express what I was created to be in Him. For me it's not about bringing in the sheives, or even worship much of the time. It's about war. I can't help myself. It's what I was created to be, and I'm just stuck with it.

Tone

Dec 24, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Tone

Yeah, that's a cool sound...got that East coast flavor to it.

Yeah, I need to get out to the trails soon...take a hike.

Thanks for the share sister!

Oh yeah welcome to CB btw!

Reactions: Wynona

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've pretty much been through every phase of music though...never really had a country phase though...but all the other ones though.

I never did either, but it sort of grows on you after awhile if you listen to it long enough. It's like when a movie transports you into a different world. You start getting into it, and then you start to appreciate it more.

A lot of it still has Christian overtones... well, not a Lot of it, LoL, but some.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I try. I need to start looking for more that I like, because I'm now wanting to bring my mind and ears under more discipline. But MAN is it tough getting the rocker out of me. I may forever be in that no man's land where I love the Lord but just never had the kind of music in this life that could express what I was created to be in Him. For me it's not about bringing in the sheives, or even worship much of the time. It's about war. I can't help myself. It's what I was created to be, and I'm just stuck with it.

Like this one. Both the song and the video are about delivering someone from mind control and/or abuse. I'd rather listen to stuff like this that's about the cruel realities of engaging in spiritual warfare than just passing the time away listening to half-hearted "worship."

Seems too artificial to me, and I can't stand that. But anyway, didn't mean to barge in. Just sharing.
- H

Tone

Dec 24, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Like this one. Both the song and the video are about delivering someone from mind control and/or abuse. I'd rather listen to stuff like this that's about the cruel realities of engaging in spiritual warfare than just passing the time away listening to half-hearted "worship."

Seems too artificial to me, and I can't stand that. But anyway, didn't mean to barge in. Just sharing.
- H

That's cool, pretty artsy too...this is what attracts me to the YouTube videos I post here.

No barging, I'm working on my piano lessons right now, been busy all week, gotta catch-up!

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Whoa, I just noticed that the queen in the video is wearing my colors!

@Hidden In Him

I think all I'll say there is that the Lord moves in mysterious ways. A lot of things I do, rather that He does through me, go over my head, and I only find out what the meaning was later. So if you see something that ends up being God speaking, maybe you can share it with me someday. Sometimes I'm as in the dark about things as everyone else is. And besides, my mind gets tired sometimes on top of it, Lol.

God bless,
- H