What can I do to change this?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I must encourage any member here that accepting Christ and becoming Christian is very easy...

8 The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. - Romans 10

Lining the member up with a good church and finding good direction can be very challenging.

Jan 9, 2024
Kitchener
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Canada
I must encourage any member here that accepting Christ and becoming Christian is very easy...
I do appreciate your encouragement very much.
I am glad to learn this fact from you.

Yes, I am a shy girl, but I am not an easy girl, and, in general (no offence), I am naturally somehow not attracted to all that, which is easy, with all due respect.

In my city, I frequently see Yehovah Witnesses standing on a sidewalk next to their portable shelfs with many booklets, and they also say that I am very welcome to join their church anytime. Easy! :)

Do you know which religion is difficult to join, except orthodox Judaism?

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Yes, I am a shy girl, but I am not an easy girl, and, in general (no offence), I am naturally somehow not attracted to all that, which is easy, with all due respect.

In my city, I frequently see Yehovah Witnesses standing on a sidewalk next to their portable shelfs with many booklets, and they also say that I am very welcome to join their church anytime. Easy! :)

I looked over the churches in your city and became worried. I do not feel it in your benefit to join such movements. I believe the congregations of the one church are seven. As the church changes with geography and generation the congregations become very much unique. In chemistry likes blend in with likes and unlikes react with unlikes. These churches do not possess enough in common to blend in well together.

"The seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the seven churches." - Revelations 1:20

The mystery of the seven stars which thou sawest in my right hand, and the seven golden candlesticks. The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches: and the seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the seven churches. Unto the angel of the church of Ephesus write; These things saith he that holdeth the seven stars in his right hand, who walketh in the midst of the seven golden candlesticks; - Revelation 1:20 - Revelation 2:1

Ephesus - Messianic - Beginning with the Apostle to the Circumcision, Peter
Smyrna - Martyr - Beginning with the Apostle to the Un-Circumcision, Paul
Pergamos - Orthodoxy formed in this time... Pergos is a tower... Needed in the dark ages
Thyatira - Catholicism formed in this time - The spirit of Jezebel is to control and to dominate.
Sardis - Protestantism formed in this time- A sardius is a gem - elegant yet hard and rigid
Philadelphia - Wesleyism formed in this time - To be sanctioned is to acquire it with love.
Laodicea - Charismatic movement formed in this time - Beginning with DL Moody, the first to make money off of ministry

Candlesticks - Seven church congregations
Stars - Individuals within the congregations, all held in the right hand of Christ
Seals - The seven seals sealed each congregation within the lambs book of life
Angels - The current preacher to the congregation.

And I wept much, because no man was found worthy to open and to read the book, neither to look thereon. - Revelation 5:4

254811_e2605e7ea7d44a55b55ec8f9edea64a9.png

The question is what church is best for you?

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul ends Romans referring to a variety of people...

1 I commend unto you Phebe our sister, which is a servant of the church which is at Cenchrea:

2 That ye receive her in the Lord, as becometh saints, and that ye assist her in whatsoever business she hath need of you: for she hath been a succourer of many, and of myself also.

3 Greet Priscilla and Aquila my helpers in Christ Jesus:

4 Who have for my life laid down their own necks: unto whom not only I give thanks, but also all the churches of the Gentiles.

5 Likewise greet the church that is in their house. Salute my well-beloved Epaenetus, who is the firstfruits of Achaia unto Christ.

6 Greet Mary, who bestowed much labour on us.

7 Salute Andronicus and Junia, my kinsmen, and my fellow-prisoners, who are of note among the apostles, who also were in Christ before me.

8 Greet Amplias my beloved in the Lord.

9 Salute Urbane, our helper in Christ, and Stachys my beloved.

10 Salute Apelles approved in Christ. Salute them which are of Aristobulus' household.

11 Salute Herodion my kinsman. Greet them that be of the household of Narcissus, which are in the Lord.

12 Salute Tryphena and Tryphosa, who labour in the Lord. Salute the beloved Persis, which laboured much in the Lord.

13 Salute Rufus chosen in the Lord, and his mother and mine.

14 Salute Asyncritus, Phlegon, Hermas, Patrobas, Hermes, and the brethren which are with them.

15 Salute Philologus, and Julia, Nereus, and his sister, and Olympas, and all the saints which are with them.

16 Salute one another with an holy kiss. The churches of Christ salute you.

17 Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.

18 For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.

19 For your obedience is come abroad unto all men. I am glad therefore on your behalf: but yet I would have you wise unto that which is good, and simple concerning evil.

20 And the God of peace shall bruise Satan under your feet shortly. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen.

21 Timotheus my workfellow, and Lucius, and Jason, and Sosipater, my kinsmen, salute you.

22 I Tertius, who wrote this epistle, salute you in the Lord.

23 Gaius mine host, and of the whole church, saluteth you. Erastus the chamberlain of the city saluteth you, and Quartus a brother.

24 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen. - Romans 16

Reactions: Nancy

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hit the reply button early, apologies. A variety of people. I can imagine the people mentioned as all different folks. It is nice to dwell among fellow Christians who are all unique, good people. That you don't worry about.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

There is much yada yada from every angle.

Ultimately, Jesus says this, 'I stand at the door and knock, if any man/ woman hears my voice I will come into him/ her and sup with them'

Reactions: Nancy
Jan 9, 2024
Kitchener
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Canada
Yes. It is a decision not to be taken lightly. The Lord wouldn't want any less. That is why you have free will. And if you decide you want to follow Him, it will be well thought out.
Personally, I am elated that you are searching.

Thank you very much for your kind and friendly words, Cassandra.

Please, I invite you to my thread: All about Eternal Holy SOUL

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello,

I am an open-minded Agnostic, and I would like to participate in Bible-related discussions, too. The message I get is that I don't have enough privileges to do so. What can I do to change this? Thanks.
What if in 5 minutes I could show you PROOF - irrefutable, undeniable PROOF - that the Bible is true so that you'll no longer be able to remain an agnostic?

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What if in 5 minutes I could show you PROOF - irrefutable, undeniable PROOF - that the Bible is true so that you'll no longer be able to remain an agnostic?
If it wasn't far too subjective, it could be interesting.
'Proof' is something each individual must determine for themselves.

Jesus' story of of the Rich Man and Lazarus illustrates this. The conclusion that 'even if one rose from the dead' would not be 'proof' (subjectively) if they didn't believe Moses and the Prophets

The fact is that somebody else's 'proof' is no proof to or for one who has a different paradigm.....and so what you consider 'proof' becomes refutable and deniable to the other.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If it wasn't far too subjective, it could be interesting.
Not subjective in the least.
'Proof' is something each individual must determine for themselves.
Too often, that determination is based on whether it will have a positive or negative impact on one's comfort. In the past, Christians were willing to die rather than confess that round papal wafer was "the body of Christ"...today's Christians get offended and leave permanently if their carnal feathers get even slightly ruffled.
Jesus' story of of the Rich Man and Lazarus illustrates this. The conclusion that 'even if one rose from the dead' would not be 'proof' (subjectively) if they didn't believe Moses and the Prophets
The Pharisees were unwilling to "believe" because they knew their gravy train would come to an end...so, they glorified the law and crucified Jesus.

Today, Jesus is glorified and the law is crucified.
The fact is that somebody else's 'proof' is no proof to or for one who has a different paradigm.....and so what you consider 'proof' becomes refutable and deniable to the other.
The "proof" I'm talking will be denied by no sincere seeker of truth.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field: But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way. - Matthew 13:24-25

In making such a declaration almost promises good and bad people in each church that was intended to be good. It is unfortunate that I cannot recommend a specific church. But we have the possibility of good and bad people in each Christian movement.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The "proof" I'm talking will be denied by no sincere seeker of truth.
This is what every man and his dog asserts...... thus assuming the high road....a witness to one's own paradigm....one's own limited view.....one's inflated ego.

What do I suggest? God's Spirit can and will speak louder and more convincingly than any man's idea of what constitutes 'proof'. It is God's work which we have the high privilege of joining, let us not make it our work where we 'twist the Spirit's arm' to validate our 'rightness'
Recognise our frailty in the matter and make certain that neither our words or our behaviour represent him poorly.

• Love
Reactions: A shy girl Chloë

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Since you turned the option off, then you must have known what signature is, and where it is. :)

Pearl wrote to me: "I haven't seen your signature, I don't know where or what it is."
@A shy girl Chloë - I turned it off when I joined the site and forgot about it cos I never use it. Okay?