What can I do to change this?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Easy come, easy go. :)
That's an humanist thought, and does not apply to God or the Gospel.

John 3:16-17 KJV
16) For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
17) For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Romans 10:9-11 KJV
9) That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
10) For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
11) For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

Receiving Jesus, being reconciled to God, becoming born again, Jesus did all that was necessary, and you only have to receive the benefit of His work. How easy is that?

But then the hard part, there is a hard part for some, it's cutting through all the lies to one's self, and admitting that these things are true.

Much love!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
There seems to be something we're not being shown here . . .

Much love!
You're right there! I asked her to define her meaning of agnostic as she didn't agree with the dictionary definition, but she wouldn't answer my question.

Reactions: marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're right there! I asked her to define her meaning of agnostic as she didn't agree with the dictionary definition, but she wouldn't answer my question.
I hit the same roadblock myself on another thread. You just never know what's real on the internet!

Much love!

Reactions: Nancy and Pearl

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
With all due respect, may I ask you, what is your source? Where exactly did you find this definition?
Hello ShyGirl and welcome here. The definition of Agnostic from my memory, is sitting on the fence, not believing one thing or the other. It's far better than being an Atheist :)

I hope you find what you are seeking.
God love you!

T

Tulipbee

Hello,

I am an open-minded Agnostic, and I would like to participate in Bible-related discussions, too. The message I get is that I don't have enough privileges to do so. What can I do to change this? Thanks.
Welcome, A shy girl Chloë, to the Christianity board! We're delighted to have you here and are eager to engage in Bible-related discussions with you. If you have any questions or need assistance, feel free to ask. Now, let's dive into the ongoing conversation.

Cassandra, you rightly pointed out that if A shy girl Chloë's signature reflects a genuine desire to understand the Holy Bible, an exception could be considered. It's wonderful to see the community open to discussions and seeking understanding.

Pearl, you inquired about A shy girl Chloë's agnostic stance and her interest in participating in Bible-related discussions. Understanding different perspectives can lead to meaningful conversations, and A shy girl Chloë expressed her desire to ask questions and learn more.

A shy girl Chloë, we appreciate your openness to exploring Bible-related threads and your willingness to ask questions. It's a fantastic way to seek understanding, and we're here to support you on your journey.

Augustin56, thank you for sharing the story by Roy Shoeman. Personal stories often offer unique insights and perspectives. If A shy girl Chloë finds it helpful, it could be a valuable addition to her exploration.

Pearl, your guidance on starting with the book of John or the first four books of the New Testament is thoughtful. The Bible indeed can be challenging to understand, and everyone's journey is unique.

Quietthinker, hello! Your warm greeting adds to the positive atmosphere here. We're all here to learn and grow together.

As the conversation unfolds, let's continue with respect and openness, fostering an environment where everyone feels comfortable expressing their thoughts and seeking understanding.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello,

I am an open-minded Agnostic, and I would like to participate in Bible-related discussions, too. The message I get is that I don't have enough privileges to do so. What can I do to change this? Thanks.

It is good that you are open minded and perhaps willing, but the limit is self-imposed. Meaning that, yes, one who only opens the door a crack will only have a crack of partial exposure by the same measure. Which is not uncommon--actually a very basic human condition.

You see, we in fact all come to the knowledge of the truth, "here a little, there a little", by design. In other words, you have done nothing wrong. That design however, is to draw each to their own--a lifetime perhaps of seeking the very thing that is in us, which then will be our own confirmation of our own eternity.

You seek to discover what is in you to do, and doing that you come fully into that very thing. Even if you are here just hoping to get others to believe as you do, for or against God.

So, which is it, do you even want to believe that there is more to life than to live and die in this messed up world? Whatever your answer--that's a start.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is what every man and his dog asserts...... thus assuming the high road....a witness to one's own paradigm....one's own limited view.....one's inflated ego.

What do I suggest? God's Spirit can and will speak louder and more convincingly than any man's idea of what constitutes 'proof'. It is God's work which we have the high privilege of joining, let us not make it our work where we 'twist the Spirit's arm' to validate our 'rightness'
Recognise our frailty in the matter and make certain that neither our words or our behaviour represent him poorly.
When proof is based on the unquestionable authority of Scripture, it doesn't matter what everyone and his dog says.

Reactions: Pearl