What can I do to change this?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jan 9, 2024
Kitchener
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Canada
Hello,

I am an open-minded Agnostic, and I would like to participate in Bible-related discussions, too. The message I get is that I don't have enough privileges to do so. What can I do to change this? Thanks.

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
if your signature is true, ('I want to understand the Holy Bible. Please, help me. Thank you very much.")

that is what we all want to do. I don't know that there couldn't be an exception made? What are the options listed besides Agnostic?

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I am an open-minded Agnostic, and I would like to participate in Bible-related discussions, too. The message I get is that I don't have enough privileges to do so. What can I do to change this? Thanks.
Why do you say you're an agnostic? What does it actually mean for you? I don't understand what you mean about 'privileges'. Perhaps you explain. And as an Agnostic why do you want to participate in Bible-related discussions? I just want to understand why you're here.

• Love
Reactions: A shy girl Chloë

Augustin56

Apr 16, 2023
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here's a story that might help your doubt. It's by a man, Roy Shoeman, who was Jewish. He was raised by parents that escaped the Nazi Holocaust in WWII and came to this country. Roy was raised a faithful Jew through high school, went on to M.I.T. where he did well, graduated, and went to Harvard. He did well enough there that they asked him to be a professors at age 29. But, through his college years, he lost his belief in God and, for all intents and purposes, became an atheist. But, he always wondered what the purpose of life is, if there is no God. One day, without warning, the veil between heaven and earth was removed, and he saw both God and heaven. His story is very interesting, in my opinion. Here it is:

• Love
Reactions: A shy girl Chloë

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Well, the way I understand it is in agreement with a standard definition of this word.
I looked it up and this is the definition. "a person who believes that nothing is known or can be known of the existence or nature of God"

Is that how you see it?.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
With all due respect, may I ask you, what is your source? Where exactly did you find this definition?
Is that different from your definition. That meaning is from the Cambridge dictionary.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Well, as I clearly mentioned in my original post, "I am an open-minded Agnostic".

Also, if you have not noticed, my signature is: "I want to understand the Holy Bible. Please, help me. Thank you very much."
Yes I did read that you are 'an open-minded Agnostic' but I still don't know what you mean by it. That's why I looked it up but you don't agree with that definition so tell me how you would describe it.

The bible is quite difficult to understand, specially if you're not a Christian. Once we are Christians the Holy Spirit helps us to understand the bits we need to understand. Don't start at Genesis like a book where you start on the first page, the bible is a library, mad up of many books. The best place to start is with the book of John, or any of the first four books of the New Testament.

I haven't seen your signature, I don't know where or what it is.

Reactions: TLHKAJ
Jan 9, 2024
Kitchener
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Canada
Yes I did read that you are 'an open-minded Agnostic' but I still don't know what you mean by it. That's why I looked it up but you don't agree with that definition so tell me how you would describe it.

Pearl, I am a shy girl, and I would like to let you know that, no offence, but I somehow feel intimidated by you.

Reactions: ScottA

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For all those things hath mine hand made, and all those things have been, saith the Lord: but to this man will I look, even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit, and trembleth at my word. - Isaiah 66:2

And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me. - John 12:32

I personally believe you are here because it is the Lord God himself who is seeking you out. I would encourage you to follow the paths the Lord would lead you... Especially to a church that is active in worship and in the word.

As far as restrictions we have a lot of people who come here for the purpose of trouble making.