WHAT DEFINES YOU AS A CHRISTIAN?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

rmoore1021

Jan 21, 2012
Unfortunately, many Christians define themselves by what they have done in the past, whether it’s their shortcomings, failures, or a shameful act. Have you experienced this? What defines you?

justaname

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Mar 14, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My identity is found in Christ. I hope to be best defined as a humble servant of the Most High God.

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia
My identity as a Christian is entirely in Jesus, in what He has done, and how He loves. I shudder to think that it would come back to me, and to what I had done or what I needed to do....man, that just wouldn't work at all!
Through and in Christ, I am confident in my walk...no matter how I stumble I know He will be there to help me up again and draw me onwards. And that, is such a relief! How on earth can we not love a Lord who has done everything for our salvation, and yet still continually helps, encourage and love us!

Lively Stone

Jan 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I don't run into Christians who define themselves by what they have done in their past or by their shortcomings. What I run into are Christians whose testimony is pointed to how the Lord has taken them out of bondage to sin into a life of freedom in Him...from darkness to light. That is what every believer has---a testimony. We have a new way of defining ourselves now!

Hollyrock

Nov 17, 2011
USA
Unfortunately, many Christians define themselves by what they have done in the past, whether it’s their shortcomings, failures, or a shameful act. Have you experienced this? What defines you?
What defines me as a Christian is the Blood of Christ and my Born-again spirit

Groundzero

Not Afraid To Stand
Jul 20, 2011
Australia

What defines me, and it should be the same for every Christian, is if I do what Jesus commands me to. Joh_15:14 Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.
The thing that defines true Christians is that they follow Jesus.

paul1234

Jan 20, 2011
england
I don't run into Christians who define themselves by what they have done in their past or by their shortcomings. What I run into are Christians whose testimony is pointed to how the Lord has taken them out of bondage to sin into a life of freedom in Him...from darkness to light. That is what every believer has---a testimony. We have a new way of defining ourselves now!

AMEN