What denomination would you say is the one most genuinely representing the original teaching of Chri

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Axehead

May 9, 2012
Without a doubt, "The TRUE Word of Faith Churches",
Although they aren't a denomination, They are people who accept the Biblical truths, The promises of God and do the works that Jesus said we would do.
The Apostle Paul was a word of faith Teacher, And Jesus was a faith Teacher, Who taught God's word,
So those who Teach the uncompromising word and faith, Do healings, miracles, Tongues, Prophecies And have the other gifts of the Spirit, Plus the fruits of the Spirit And do signs & wonders, Like the word of faith Churches do, Must be the closest to the Church that Jesus built.

They are the closest that I have seen.

Hey there, brother Alan,

Mat 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

What about those who do the will of their Father that are not in a "Word of Faith" church but are sprinkled amongst various churches worldwide?

These people that Christ is referring to would be "Stars", today! Don't you think?

Mat 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

I guess, we really just need to please the Lord and do His will and that will prove that we are abiding in Him (know Him).
It is important to know Him first and foremost, don't you think? How else do you have "oil in your lamp" if you are not abiding in Him? Abiding in Him proves you have the Holy Spirit. He that does not abide in Christ does not have the Holy Spirit.
2Jn_1:9 Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.

Aren't these the ones that truly represent the Lord, according to the OP?

1 Jn_5:12 He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.

I hope the original poster comes back and gives us her comments on what has been posted.

Axehead

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
I feel like talk-in today.
What ever it is that Proverbs Dove is ask-in the question for, a report, a thesis, pole, I really don't know.
If she is truly a reflection of her beautiful name, she knows better that to ask such a question that can not be answered in the from of her question.

You might try none denominationals that watch for those that rise up from within, then some of these churches help to establish them in getting lic ect.
The born church is not subject to the members "a board", nor is the pasture entirely subject or committed to the parent church "some call it the Mosses pattern". This type of church more closely reflects the expansion of Christianity at its in inception.

God Bless you as well
Proverbs Dove

soupy

May 20, 2012
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I feel like talk-in today.
What ever it is that Proverbs Dove is ask-in the question for, a report, a thesis, pole, I really don't know.
If she is truly a reflection of her beautiful name, she knows better that to ask such a question that can not be answered in the from of her question.

You might try none denominationals that watch for those that rise up from within, then some of these churches help to establish them in getting lic ect.
The born church is not subject to the members "a board", nor is the pasture entirely subject or committed to the parent church "some call it the Mosses pattern". This type of church more closely reflects the expansion of Christianity at its in inception.

God Bless you as well
Proverbs Dove

I'm not understanding the type of church you describe? I only know you said non denominational, but what is the other part?
What do you mean not subject to the "board" and "pasture" do you mean pastor? What do you mean by parent church?
Please clarify. I'm interested in the type of church you describe.

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
I'm not understanding the type of church you describe? I only know you said non denominational, but what is the other part?
What do you mean not subject to the "board" and "pasture" do you mean pastor? What do you mean by parent church?
Please clarify. I'm interested in the type of church you describe.

Yes pastor I'm not very egumicated.

What do you mean not subject to the "board"
In other words the church members do not elect the pastor as is done in many churches "they have a board of directors that can remove or replace".

When someone the Lord has reveled "raised up" to the pastor and his staff from with in the body of the church members. If they choose they provide seminary school and lic for this person to head another church. The church from which this one is risen from is "the parent church"

Alanforchrist

Dec 25, 2007
Hey there, brother Alan,

Mat 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

What about those who do the will of their Father that are not in a "Word of Faith" church but are sprinkled amongst various churches worldwide?

These people that Christ is referring to would be "Stars", today! Don't you think?

Mat 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

I guess, we really just need to please the Lord and do His will and that will prove that we are abiding in Him (know Him).
It is important to know Him first and foremost, don't you think? How else do you have "oil in your lamp" if you are not abiding in Him? Abiding in Him proves you have the Holy Spirit. He that does not abide in Christ does not have the Holy Spirit.
2Jn_1:9 Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.

Aren't these the ones that truly represent the Lord, according to the OP?

1 Jn_5:12 He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.

I hope the original poster comes back and gives us her comments on what has been posted.

Axehead

[1]I never said those Christians in other Churches were wrong, I said the word of faith is the nearest I have seen to the Biblical Church.

[2]You said,
Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

That seems to typify Christians today, They believe the devil can use his People, But God can't use His people.

turzovka

Nov 20, 2012
Hello all, Newbie here. *waves*

I was curious to begin a point of study in one particular denomination and thought to ask you all that question. Which denomination do you think or that is credited generally, as being the closest there is to the original ministry of Jesus?

Thank you for your sincere replies.
God Bless.

Hello newbie. I’m even newer, so I have not offended anyone yet :)

Your questions could be answered in a number of ways. I will answer it my way.

Before I do however I would like to say that I believe all people, all faiths, even those of no faith are very much eligible to be granted into the kingdom of heaven. However, some faiths, especially Christianity, offer special graces that make the path so much easier or the ultimate judgment go so much better. So there is great reason to want to know which faith / which denomination might be most pleasing to God.

Question: Would it matter to you if you knew that the real presence of Jesus could be found in the Catholic offering at the mass in the form of bread and wine? Would it matter to God?

Would it matter to you if your sins were not loosed, but held bound? Would it matter to God? Why would Jesus tell His disciples whosoever’s sins you loose shall be loosed and whosoever’s sins you hold bound shall be held bound?

Do you believe the Virgin Mary has a special place and is a special creation in the mind of God? Do you think it is pleasing to Jesus when we honor His mother? Do you think it is hurtful to Jesus when Mary becomes nothing more than the object of disparage and criticism towards a church for honoring her?

Do you think all Hindus, Buddhists, Muslims, atheists, agnostics, et al. go to hell because they have not accepted Jesus as their Lord and Savior? If not, then do you think they go directly to heaven, those who are not condemned to hell? What about those Christians who believe in Jesus but are very lax and careless in their ways? What do you think God meant when He told the “lukewarm believers” in Revelations that I will spew thee out of my mouth? I am here to tell you that purgatory is the perfection of God’s justice and mercy and we should all be eternally grateful for that.

[Note: What I have stated above are reasons why I believe what I do. I am not asking for anyone else to do the same. Nor am I passing judgment on anyone’s actions or beliefs.]

theophilus

Nov 13, 2012
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A year after I was saved I graduated from high school and went away to college. While there I came across a Plymouth Brethren church and began attending it. It was completely different from any church I have ever attended and in my opinion the most Biblical. Since then I have never lived close enough to a Plymout Brethren church to attend one. I now attend a Baptist church.

Axehead

May 9, 2012
[Note: What I have stated above are reasons why I believe what I do. I am not asking for anyone else to do the same. Nor am I passing judgment on anyone’s actions or beliefs.]

Thank you for sharing what you believe and not passing judgement on others.

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
Do you believe the Virgin Mary has a special place and is a special creation in the mind of God? Do you think it is pleasing to Jesus when we honor His mother? Do you think it is hurtful to Jesus when Mary becomes nothing more than the object of disparage and criticism towards a church for honoring her?

You believe shes a special creation, like no one else. quote; was preserved exempt from all stain of original sin.
Result "She didn't share in the resulted fall of Eve" uncontaminated by the stain of the fall. That's a pretty special person IMO

In the Constitution Ineffabilis Deus of 8 December, 1854, Pius IX pronounced and defined that the Blessed Virgin Mary "in the first instance of her conception, by a singular privilege and grace granted by God, in view of the merits of Jesus Christ, the Saviour of the human race, was preserved exempt from all stain of original sin."
http://www.newadvent...then/07674d.htm

If that is true then she doesn't qualify as a "seed" of Eve the woman. In that you disqualify her from the promise of Gen 3:15
To follow the next step we see this can be seen as denying Jesus came in the flesh of Eve threw Mary.
1 John 2:18
2 John 1:7

Hebrews describes Jesus in the flesh. And the Word became flesh
Hebrews 2:16-17
Hebrews 4:15
Hebrews 10:20

Welcome to the board nice first post.

I'm not Judging I'm teaching

turzovka

Nov 20, 2012
Rex, thanks for your response.

I prefer not to engage in deep theological discernings and interpretations of original Scripture language, and so on. For one, it is very often the case that two believers can find Biblical verses that appear to contradict each other, and in some cases do contradict each other on a certain level. So, for example, when you cite a passage Hebrews that assumedly must include every human ever conceived then that leaves no exceptions, but also leaves a lot of other fantastic insights to our faith looking rather out of sorts. I do not accept this. Nor do I accept one interpretation of one passage to be "gospel" and to be applied in all circumstances.

The teachings on Mary are from every generation. The countless saints who gave us revelations on her unmatched favor given to her by God is of extreme importance. Now either they were intended by God to reveal greater truths to His Church and to the faithful, or they were lies from the evil one to deceive us. There is simply too much glory in the mother of God for her creator God to allow her to be so maligned, misused and as a deception for the devil. I cannot accept that, I see no reason Jesus would allow it either. Nor can I see how an all Holy God would pass through the womb of one with sin. Nor is the thought of Mary ever having carnal relations conceivable. Nor can I see all these incredible appearances of the Virgin Mary to be tools of the devil telling us to repent and pray. God's ways are not our ways. If He so chooses to honor His mother / daughter above all of creation, none of that is in opposition to God's love for man, nor Jesus' sacrifice for man. We are instructed to pray to Mary because it is our way of honoring her. Her prayers, I am certain, are far greater in weight than asking my neighbor to pray for me. As the archangel Gabriel declared "Hail Mary, full of grace."

Again, that is my belief and the Catholic Church's belief. Not insisting others are in great peril if they do not.

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
Thank You and by all means your entitled to believe as you wish.
If you don't mind I think I'll fish on this side of the boat for a while.

You believe shes a special creation, like no one else. quote; was preserved exempt from all stain of original sin.
Result "She didn't share in the resulted fall of Eve" uncontaminated by the stain of the fall. That's a pretty special person IMO

In the Constitution Ineffabilis Deus of 8 December, 1854, Pius IX pronounced and defined that the Blessed Virgin Mary "in the first instance of her conception, by a singular privilege and grace granted by God, in view of the merits of Jesus Christ, the Saviour of the human race, was preserved exempt from all stain of original sin."
http://www.newadvent...then/07674d.htm

If that is true then she doesn't qualify as a "seed" of Eve the woman. In that you disqualify her from the promise of Gen 3:15
To follow the next step we see this can be seen as denying Jesus came in the flesh of Eve threw Mary.
1 John 2:18
2 John 1:7

Hebrews describes Jesus in the flesh. And the Word became flesh
Hebrews 2:16-17
Hebrews 4:15
Hebrews 10:20

Welcome to the board nice first post.

I'm not Judging I'm teaching

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
(In the spirit of comedic observation)

While everyone else was arguing which church the delightful young lady was to go to, meanwhile she came to Tim's church because he was the only one to specifically state an absolute without confusing mantra (and ignored the rest) :lol:

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
Congratulations the
most genuinely

Church has been found

:rolleyes:

I don't remember mentioning a church but that's beside to point
I'll continue fishing, but that was a pretty good bite. :) in the spirit of comic observation

This neo guy "right below my boat here" I can't count the times I've thrown him back
Hey "charlie" the Lords looking for starfish tuna. he's a bait stealer and runs off the keepers.

neophyte

Apr 25, 2012
Congratulations the
most genuinely

Church has been found

:rolleyes:

I don't remember mentioning a church but that's beside to point
I'll continue fishing, but that was a pretty good bite. :) in the spirit of comic observation

But I remember a 'church' and it was said not by you Rex but by Jesus in Matt.16; 15-19 and that one true church is nothing like your church or your personal religion because it is just as Jesus designed it as described in Eph.2: 19-20.

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
But I remember a 'church' and it was said not by you Rex but by Jesus in Matt.16; 15-19 and that one true church is nothing like your church or your personal religion because it is just as Jesus designed it as described in Eph.2: 19-20.

Maybe they should go to the Christian Church in Jerusalem....the one whom James was the Bishop of. :)

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Hello all, Newbie here. *waves*

I was curious to begin a point of study in one particular denomination and thought to ask you all that question. Which denomination do you think or that is credited generally, as being the closest there is to the original ministry of Jesus?

Thank you for your sincere replies.
God Bless.

How would you know in the first place, which denomination would be credited as being closest to Christ's Ministry?

The only way you're going to know that is by staying in God's Word for yourself, with God's direct help by The Holy Spirit. Afterall, The Word of God is all about Christ's Ministry of The Gospel Salvation.

I don't know how many times I've admonished my Christian brothers and sisters to ask our Heavenly Father through His Son for 'direct' help in understanding His Word in order to 'know' what our Lord Jesus approves of and doesn't approve of. It is not with any of the religious denominations of man, it is with God's Word directly by The Holy Spirit Comforter.

It takes on average of around 4 years to go through all of God's Word with in-depth chapter by chapter, line upon line Bible study. When many are busy looking everywhere for understanding in God's Word all they had need to do was to open It up, pray to our Heavenly Father each time for understanding, and then get down to disciplined Bible study.

God has even given us laymen some excellent Bible study tools to help do that with, especially for those who read English. And with the help of a computer today using Bible study software, it is a whole... lot easier than it has ever been. But others who don't care to do that simple work would rather default to men when God said for us to cease ye from man (Isaiah 2:22).

biggandyy

I am here to help...
Oct 11, 2011
SWPA
hadituptohere.png
I've had it up to HERE with all
this anti-denominationalism!

If you don't like denominations, fine! But you all don't have to infect every single thread that even hints at denominational differences.​
(you know who you all are)​

In other words, in the immortal words of Dean Wormer,
put-a-sock-in-it.png
"Put a sock in it!"